Reviews for Clifford

EuropeanFrenchWesternWine
umakemehungry

Clifford

For complete reviews, visit http://www.umakemehungry.com/2014/11/clifford.html

The start of our Gastronomic indulgence!

Kicked start with a bowl of awesome french onion soup! Authentic and packed full of the French's Traditional Onion Soup! Rich, filled with caramelized onions and melted gruyere cheese as well as croutons. Just cant help falling in love with the softened crouton with those sticky cheese.

Served with Truffle Ravioli, Porcini Mushroom Soup was stunning in its foamy parmesan with mascarpone cheese. Tasted light of mushroom and was very smooth, a total addiction!

220g of grilled Angus beef Entrecote (premium cut on beef) with Beurre Maitre D'Hotel (parsley butter)  and a side of Fries infused with the great truffle scent.

Considering its price tag, perhaps many would have turn off after looking at its menu. However, I will like to emphasize that for the excellent ambiance, food quality and personalized service, its all worth the money spend for a memorable session here in Clifford.
French Onion Soup
18 Dec 2014 • 67 reviews • 0 follower

Clifford

For complete reviews, visit http://www.umakemehungry.com/2014/11/clifford.html

The start of our Gastronomic indulgence!

10 Oct 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

A belated birthday celebration to remember

Friday night, thank goodness just a short jam leading to clifford centre. We parked and strolled over to the Fullerton. Our venue for the night is The clifford restaurant...

Booked a quiet corner and cake for my wife in advanced... Hoped she would love the food...

Ordered a couple of rose sparkling wine to begin with and our gastronomical indulgence took a leap forward..

1st up: half a dozen freshly shacked Oyster... Magnific... Almost like they have just plucked them out of the ocean and served us. Comes with a trio of thousand island, vingerette, oriental dressing...
Lemon and tobasco if you're old fashioned like me.

After that, my wife had the beef carpaccio and the usual mushroom soup for me.

Wife rates the beef carpaccio at 8.5/10
A great balance of the vingerette, rockets, raw beef and a unique crust in the middle... Yummy

First taste of the soup.... Pretty standard fare till u discover a nice dumpling infused with truffle... Mind blowing

For mains:
Wife had the whole lobster with angel hair.
Rated at 9/10

Me:
Steak and truffle infused fries.
9/10
Tender, tasty, juicy (till I managed to drip on my shirt)

Must try the upside down apple pie for 2
Warm plump apples on a pastry served with a toffee sauce to die for... Oh and a scoop of ice cream.

They were nice enough to even give my wife a small birthday cake that is rich and hint of bitterness of dark chocolate... Beautiful

Highly recommended for a romantic night out.

Thank you cherie our host for the night. You are a gem!!!

14 Apr 2014 • 473 reviews • 68 followers

Restaurant Week

Restaurant week was upon us once again and the venue of choice this time round was Clifford, which I had a pretty good experience at for brunch quite a while back.    Complimentary Bread - Baguettes and multigrain buns served with a side of smooth butter and deliciously sinful duck rillette (it was a tad dry though) started the meal rolling. My personal favourite? The baguette; crusty, light and served warm.    French Onion Soup - Sweet without coming across as overly heavy but a little lacking in cheese in my humble opinion. Still a decent French onion soup nonetheless.    Foie Gras Pan Seared with Cresses Salad Fresh Fig and Figs Jam on Brioche - I thought the foie gras was pretty good but could do with a little more searing to achieve a lightly crisp surface. The buttery goodness from the brioche complimented the sweetness of the foie gras but this is seriously a heart stopping combination. Portions are a little small as well for a $12++ top up charge.   Whole Lobster Angel Hair With Fresh Tomato, Sweet Basil and Lobster Butter Sauce - This required a top up of $25++ and even though the lobster chunks were aplenty and crunchy, the angel hair pasta was a little too soggy, probably the end result of sitting too long in the tomato sauce. One other issue I had was that the tomato sauce, whilst lightly tart and zesty, became a little boring after a while and the whole dish lacked variation in flavours. It was just tomato, tomato, tomato. I couldn't even make out the sweetness of the lobster.     Clifford Signature Duck Confit - I had this during my previous visit and remembered it to be very good. And it didn't disappoint. Crisp on the outside but moist and tender on the inside. No truffle mash this time round though.   Slice Of Chocolate - This was essentially a chocolate hazelnut tart served with passion fruit sorbet and chocolate crumble. The chocolate was rich with a nice hazelnut taste but didn't across as too heavy. I personally liked the crunchy wafer layer wedged in between. And the passionfruit sorbet wasn't as sour as I had expected it to be. Pretty nice dessert!   After the top ups, the bill for 2 came to about $173, which sorta straddled the line on the value for money criteria. Food at Clifford was a case of hits and misses but the entire experience was generally a positive one. Coupled with great ambience and good service, I might return but probably only for brunch or restaurant week where it won't cost me an arm or a leg to dine there.    See all my pictures here