Reviews for Cocobolo Poolside Bar + Grill

Western
Reuben C

BBQ done right

This is not the place for those of you who want "variety". But if you love barbecued meats done right, at a reasonable price, come to Cocobolo. There's a small salad bar, small dessert selection, but it's all about the meat here.

The lamb, steaks, even the chicken (I rarely eat chicken outside) are amazing. Juicy, cooked to perfection, and always with a smile. This is how a proper barbecue should be. Fast and attentive service. I highly recommend this place to anyone who is a carnivore.
10 Dec 2014 • 5 reviews • 0 follower

BBQ done right

19 Jul 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Overrated by the past reviewers

Came to celebrate birthday dinner with high expectation by all the former reviews. only serving less than 10 tables with only one "chef" doing the barbecuing over their poolside alfresco settings with 2-3 waiters. first round took some salad and vegetables, grilled pineapple. They were great! Planning to get some meat next, however all trays are almost empty, left with corn combs only and I was lucky enough to grab some fishes wrapped in banana leaves since it was just done and so I took 2 servings of it, delicious! had managed to try out the babyribs, prawns and squids and sausages along the way from my friends, they are pretty average and decent tasting  angus beef and lamb have to order from the waiter and they will serve you personally, i asked for medium rare for the steak. After 30mins we checked with them again and was informed they missed our order due to two papers stacked on top another, so we have to repeat our order again, in the end 3 steaks and a lamb rack came in one plate and expect us to go get our own plates to eat? No condiment came along with the beef/lamb too, maybe it is DIY, lamb taste great however the beef don't taste as good as I expected from Angus.  Overall, poor selection of salad/soup/desserts sections with almost no replenishment at all. Waiters are too busy serving drinks and didn't pay any attention to the diners. What I named above probably is all you will be seeing at this "buffet" spread. Paid with credit card promo for 20% off, come up around $49/pax and sadly ice cream cone never come like others mentioned here. No coffee or tea inclusive.  I might as well go for an international buffet or Korean BBQ buffet.  Maybe most of the blog entries/reviews was done by a invitation/sponsor sections by the hotel, pretty disappointing experience.
fish is wrapped
18 Jul 2014 • 17 reviews • 0 follower

Stating facts

We were very excited to spend a birthday dinner here. Our first impression was good, the pool and the bbq buffet area was small yet cosy. The Spread: salad bar, soup, bread. bbq section was very limited: squid, fish, prawn, lamb, beef, ribs corn, eggplants, pineapple, chicken. desserts: 3 types of cakes, standard fruits, creme brulee, longan fruit cocktail. Be prepared to get yourselves soaked in bbq smell as there is only a fan that channels the bbq smoke away from the seating (in vain). I guess my mostly turn-off part is the fact that food tray (e.g. prawns, squid, chicken and ribs) are always empty. I went around 3-4 trips before i can get anythign eat. prawns and squid are very rare. in the end, we end up "ordering" prawns from thw waiters. Second turn-off: the ordered prawns are mostly overcooked and dry. It will be our first and last trip. Nothing fantastic to mention about here. We left that place smelling smokey and abit regretful.... to me, this is FAR from 100% rating as shown before.