Reviews for Common Man Coffee Roasters

3.6

Western

cold eggs?!

We visited this place today for the second time. We were craving a nice ambiance, good coffee and eggs. Husband ordered the Common man breakfast with poached eggs and I have the Turkish dish with poached eggs. Although the side dishes of both dishes were warm the eggs weren't. I'm pregnant and husband and I were very hungry so we didn't sent the dishes back which was a mistake of us! When they cleared the plaids we did made a comment about the cold eggs and the waitress said that she would inform the kitchen about this. After this we ordered 1 coffee and 1 piece of pie to share. No suggestion was made to perhaps offer us the coffee for free for the inconvenience caused, both dishes were around $26 and the total bill after 2 juices, 2 egg dishes, 1 coffee and 1 piece of cake was $96! For this kind of money you should expect perfectly warm poached eggs or at least a free cup of coffee. I still think it's a nice place and will go back but next time if something like this happens I will sent the dish back immediately!
• 28 Mar 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

cold eggs?!

• 22 Feb 2015 • 28 reviews • 0 follower

Pricey, but stunning

Overall
For photos and the full review, head over here!

I could get the same spread and (probably) quality from other cafes at a much lower price point. But if you are ready to spend that extra buck, it won't be wasted. The food is stunning. My favourite was the chicken with chili - simple dish, but executed perfectly and was so so delicious.

If there's anything you shouldn't miss, that's their coffee. The usual coffee drinks are already amazing, but if you're willing to pay more their filtered coffee is superb. I had the Trinidad, which was both floral and creamy, with a slight sweetness that made it very pleasant to the palette. A wonderful start to any meal.