Organice Eggs Benedict6 votes
Breakfast4 votes

LA BONNE BOUFFE
 • 05 Nov 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Went back after a three-month hiatus. Had no problem parking on the side street (surprise!), and the place was also not as crowded as expected. Service was friendly as usual. I was however disappointed by the food, especially the pancakes. They were definitely not as nice as before, did not taste like something that was made right then... Shame because that is one of the highlights of the menu. WIth so much competition around these days, I think it is important to keep first and foremost the quality of the food to high standards...especially when you pay a high premium for the atmosphere!

Priyankac
 • 30 Oct 2014 223 reviews 5 followers
Overall
here is a picture of one of our favourite breakfasts to help get you through the day. An order of eggs is customary at Common Man Coffee Roasters, especially when they’re organic and from free-range chickens. We like ours in the Turkish Common Man Breakfast ($25), the phyllo-wrapped boiled eggs are genius and work very well with feta, olives, hummus, crisp cucumber, and tomatoes; make a mess and sop it up with the accompanying pita. Slurp!
  • Turkish Common Man Breakfast
  • Turkish Common Man Breakfast

Hoongy !
 • 24 Sep 2014 1871 reviews 257 followers
Overall
Common Man Coffee Roasters is anything except for the common man. Classy with lots of natural light, the place attracts the arty-farty individual working off his lap top or the tai tai.

At a recent visit, I tried the Eggs Benedict ($24), which came on two poached organic eggs on fatty cuts of beef cheek on a rye bread.

For something more exotic, try the Turkish Breakfast ($25) which had pita bread, feta cheese and eggs.

For something sweet I tried the Citrus Love ($7), cheesecake with lemon which was too dry and have probably seen better days.

Of course, with a place like that, one has to try the coffee, and I had the Flat White ($5). With a double shot, it was strong enough to start my morning off on a perky note.

Service was quite efficient. They stationed their staff in the right areas to have a few view of the cafe and food was quickly prepared. Staff were generally perky and ready to serve - fitting well into the vibe of the setting. There is a sign which states "free bagel and coffee for the unemployed" - not sure if that's true though as I did not see anyone making a claim.

Breakfast, Brunch