Summary

peri peri chicken, morrocan lamb, Gourmet Cheese, Med Lamb pizza, Spicy Pesto Scallops, Vegetarian Supreme View all
Dinner, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, After Work, Chillout, Children/Family, Vibrant/Noisy, Large Groups/Gathering, Take Away, Healthy Eating, People Watching, Boys Night Out, Delivery, Girls Night Out, Lunch, Vegetarians View all

chilled out

Good thin pizza, buy one get one free pure blonde beer, good music and very friendly servuce staff.

Most helpful reviews for Crust (Holland Village)

Best Crust I've tasted in awhile. Yum.

Food/Drink 4 | Value 4 | Ambience 4 | Service N/A

I didn't know that Australian pizza brand Crust had already landed on Singapore's shores so when a friend suggested we head down to the Crust outlet at Holland Village, I was pretty surprised. I have heard good things about Crust from my friends and family overseas so I was eager to try it out for myself

Between the three of us, we shared 2 half and half pizzas. We went with the Pepperoni, Meat Deluxe, Moroccan Lamb and Roast Duck.

There is only 1 pizza size - a rectangle 13 x 8 inches.

The crust is really yummy. Crisp yet doughy enough to not feel like you are eating some toppings on a cracker. The winners here were the two meat pizzas. The Pepperoni and Meat Deluxe were loaded with crisp vegetables that complemented the meat toppings. Crust is also not stingy with the amount of meat that is put on each slice. Unlike other establishments where you can count the number of pepperoni slices on your pizza, Crust really loads on the toppings.

One of my friends who has tried Crust before recommended the Moroccan Lamb pizza. While the pizza itself is a good idea (it comes with a lemon slice and a great yogurt sauce on top of it) , the lamb slices on ours were a little overcooked and lacking in flavour. The Roast Duck Pizza was also quite disappointing. The duck seemed to be smoked instead of roasted and the hosin sauce used was overly sweet, I also couldn't wrap my head around the Bak Choy that topped the pizza (but that's just me)

I'll definitely be back to Crust again for their yummy meat pizzas. Plus the location at Holland Village really does make it a lively and fun place to hang out with friends on a Friday night.

Its all in the topping

I was literally salivating from looking at the pictures and description of the pizzas on Crust Pizza website and couldn't wait to sink my teeth into a slice of it and would have ate off my computer screen if only!

Headed down to the HV branch for dinner last night in anticipation with a hungry appetite for some nice thin crust hearty gourmet pizza. Having memorised their menu off their website..I knew exactly what I wanted.

We started off with wedges and the roast duck salad while waiting for a friend to arrive. I'll say skip the appetizers entirely. Not quite worth the calories or the stomach space. The roast duck salad was desert dry with zilch dressing except for chilli sauce that they serve with it...which I thought was wildly odd???

Our pizza selection for the night - Seafood Pizza and Meditteranean Lamb pizza. I like the idea that they offered variety for the sauce base and deliberately chose 2 different pizzas with different base for the sauce.

Comparing the 2, the Med Lamb pizza looked and tasted far more superior than the seafood pizza. Each pizza slice was nicely heaped with a generous portion of juicy lamb pieces and tomato slices. Each bite oozes full flavour as you sink your teeth into it. The crust while not crispy thin, provided enough bready bite and chew to compliment the toppings.

The 3 of us easily polished off 2 pizzas and we probably could have done 3 if I hadn't filled myself up with the wedges.

I'll say it lived up to expectation and if you're looking for a no frills, good value ,semi- gourmet pizza joint...Crust would be a good place to hit the spot.

Nice local flavours

Click HERE for photos!

Crust Gourmet Pizza Bar first started out as a small family owned store in 2001, to recently being named one of Australia’s fastest growing franchise networks and had just recently opened their first international store here in Singapore. Ironically though I have driven past the Norwood outlet back in Adelaide several times, I had never tried it before because they did not do deliveries. We checked out the website online and found a few pizzas that caught Jie's eye so this is what we ordered!

Roast Duck $22- Marinated Duck Breast Fillets, steamed Bok Choy, Spring Onions & Sesame Seeds, garnished with Fresh Chilli on a Hoisin base

Surprisingly dry unlike some pizzas that go soggy due to the overload of cheese. The Hoisin base made the pizza very sweet but topped with the fresh chilli, I thought it was pretty good. Especially for my first experience with roast duck pizza- very local flavour.

Szechuan Chilli Prawn $25- Spicy Szechuan seasoned Prawns, Fresh Green Peppers, Spring Onions & Bocconcini, garnished with Lemon & Fresh Chilli

This was good! Prawns were very fresh and I liked how the lemon and szechuan gave a good sour and hot twist to the combination.

Char Siew Chicken Wings $8

I did not try this but judging from how quickly the container was cleaned out, I think that was a pretty good sign!

Overall, I thought that Crust was a good change to the usual California 2-4-1 or Dominos pizza. Definitely think they do not serve the local flavours back in Australia but I like how the Singapore branch has made the effort to adapt to suit our tastes. The pizzas were a little pricey for their sizes but I do think that it was worth trying something different!

Good!

Went for dinner with a group of friends for the first time. With a great variety of flavours and toppings, also gret starters! For more pictures and review : neondrew.blogspot.sg/2013/12/new-town.html