Are you sure you want to delete this photo?
It has been a long time since I am back at Crystal Jade Golden Palace at Paragon. This is one of the few restaurants in Singapore that offer Teochew cuisine in an upmarket environment.
The décor is very chic, with chandeliers on stands located on the main dining floor. The restaurant has a very modern chic ambience.
Here are the dishes we had:
- Roast Duck: We ordered half a roast duck. You can choose between roast (where you get duck meat and the skin together) or Peking Duck, where you enjoy the crispy duck skin with crepes.)
- Appetiser Platter of Braised Duck, Octopus, Pork Belly and Tofu: The Braised Duck and Octopus items were good, and were all gone in no time.
- Pomfet with leek and radish stew: This was the best dish of the meal. The manager had recommended it. The soup gravy went well with white rice and it was flavourful. The pomfret was large and sliced up, fried and cooked in the stock.
- Mustard Leaves with egg white sauce: Mustard leaves are usually bitter. This was done well. The mustard leaves were only slightly bitter and the egg white sauce gave a sweet smooth after- taste. Try it.
- Oyster Omelette: This was good. Generous amounts of oysters were in the omelette. I liked this dish. Recommended.
- ‘Luo Han Zai’: It was ok. Would order other vegetable dishes for future visits.
- Wok-fried ‘Chai-Po Kway Teow’: This was much like your char kway teow. I had better ones elsewhere.
We couldn’t end our meal without dessert. So we ordered the Teochew dessert ‘Or-Nee’. It was well prepared and we finished our desserts in no time.
Try this restaurant, if you are looking for traditional Teochew delights.