Crystal Jade Kitchen has closed.

(Closed) Crystal Jade Kitchen (Junction 8)

Summary

Value3
Pan Fried Beef Cubes, Season Veg with Crab Roe, Steamboat View all
Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch View all

Wow..such great reviews

I am wondering is this the same place these people are talking about. I use to come here twice monthly, not because its good, but a place to chow down after shopping at J8.

Someone said the porridge is good???? I think its way too salty and i have a sneaky feeling they added hell alot of msg! The tim sum is ok, slightly better that the ones from the wet market or the frozen section from NTUC. Seriously it is not a bad place to sit down and eat. But to say the food is good, huh, really???

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Crystal Jade Kitchen (Junction 8)

Crystal Jade Steamboat

I have to say that service at Junction 8 Crystal Jade is really not bad at all – they made sure they had enough staff to take care of the customers and they were very nice and professional towards me (I was initially quite pissed with the fact that they didn’t let Belle in early cos they would start counting the two hours once seated!).

The food came really quickly after we sent in the order! By the way the price of this steamboat costs $20.80 (before taxes) per pax on weekdays – I think it’s not a bad price, cos the ingredients are fresh and tasty.

I will definitely go back again for steamboat – although they have a limit of 2 hours, it’s really more than sufficient. I even took little breaks in that 2 hours to chat and rest from the eating (yes it is quite a feat to keep chatting and eating at the same time lol). They start admitting customers for steamboat from 5pm onwards, so if possible, pls go early to ensure seats since reservations aren’t allowed. They have limited allocation for steamboat too. Please go to http://wendylimwendy.wordpress.com/2013/11/28/belles-treat-at-crystal-jade-steamboat/ for full review and pictures :)

Will never visit again

After a long 45min wait, the meal here spoiled our mood and appetite for my birthday celebration. I really don't understand why people still bother to queue to eat here. The taste sucks. Fish was fishy, only tiny weeny bit of meat (there were only fats) for the pork rib dish. The noodles was extremely bland, no taste at all. The dishes were not nicely presented to us. I think the cze char stalls can do a much much better job in dish presentation. Service was d*** slow and the place was too noisy for a normal conversation. The prices unexactly cheap either. I think I would have a more delectable experience at a kopi-tiam.

NIce Chinese food

Average ambience but food is good. I like their Celery fried with Garlic and their steamed cod fish. Good for ordinary family lunch or dinners

Broccoli with fish slices

You probably cannot find this on their menu. I only chanced upon this dish when I ask the service staff to suggest a fish dish without the need to dig through the bones. The dish has a colourful presentation. The bright green broccoli give a nice background for the snow white fish slices. The scattered ginger slices give the dish a very balanced feel. The broccoli is not over cooked, and the fish slices are stir fried to the right level. Firm enough to be picked up by the chopsticks and yet melts when you bite into them. Service and Ambience can be improved especially during peak hours.

dim sum lunch

This is our usual haunt for team lunches for occasions or just for a nice meal, etc. And so, we ordered our usual dim sum orders and ala carte orders: Ee-Fu Mien (2 portions combined into 1, as 1 portion only feeds around 3 to 4 pax) $21 1 serving of Deep-fried prawn with Mayo $18 1 serving of Cheong Fun with Shrimps $3.80 1 serving of Cheong Fun with BBQ Pork $3.50 2 servings of Shrimp Dumpling (Har Gau) $9 2 servings of Siew Mai $8.60 1 serving of Chicken Feet (Fung Zhao) $3.30 2 servings of Glutinous Rice with Chicken $8.40 2 servings of Carrot Cake $6.80 1 serving of Custard Cream Bun $3.30 1 serving of Chestnut Cake $3.30 Generally, the food is not bad and fresh. Prawns definitely fresh. Glutinous rice sort of drop in standard though. Same for the fung zhao.