Crystal Jade Kitchen has closed.

Review for (Closed) Crystal Jade Kitchen (Junction 8)

3.2

AsianCantoneseChineseDim SumHong Kong
Address: #B1-07, Junction 8 Shopping Centre, 9 Bishan Place, 579837
27 May 2010

Wow..such great reviews

I am wondering is this the same place these people are talking about. I use to come here twice monthly, not because its good, but a place to chow down after shopping at J8.

Someone said the porridge is good???? I think its way too salty and i have a sneaky feeling they added hell alot of msg! The tim sum is ok, slightly better that the ones from the wet market or the frozen section from NTUC. Seriously it is not a bad place to sit down and eat. But to say the food is good, huh, really???

More reviews of Crystal Jade Kitchen

Crystal Jade Steamboat

I have to say that service at Junction 8 Crystal Jade is really not bad at all – they made sure they had enough staff to take care of the customers and they were very nice and professional towards me (I was initially quite pissed with the fact that they didn’t let Belle in early cos they would start counting the two hours once seated!).

The food came really quickly after we sent in the order! By the way the price of this steamboat costs $20.80 (before taxes) per pax on weekdays – I think it’s not a bad price, cos the ingredients are fresh and tasty.

I will definitely go back again for steamboat – although they have a limit of 2 hours, it’s really more than sufficient. I even took little breaks in that 2 hours to chat and rest from the eating (yes it is quite a feat to keep chatting and eating at the same time lol). They start admitting customers for steamboat from 5pm onwards, so if possible, pls go early to ensure seats since reservations aren’t allowed. They have limited allocation for steamboat too. Please go to http://wendylimwendy.wordpress.com/2013/11/28/belles-treat-at-crystal-jade-steamboat/ for full review and pictures :)

Will never visit again

After a long 45min wait, the meal here spoiled our mood and appetite for my birthday celebration. I really don't understand why people still bother to queue to eat here. The taste sucks. Fish was fishy, only tiny weeny bit of meat (there were only fats) for the pork rib dish. The noodles was extremely bland, no taste at all. The dishes were not nicely presented to us. I think the cze char stalls can do a much much better job in dish presentation. Service was d*** slow and the place was too noisy for a normal conversation. The prices unexactly cheap either. I think I would have a more delectable experience at a kopi-tiam.

Of Succulent Prawns & Fragrant Osmanthus

Crystal Jade has always been known for their Hong Kong style Cantonese cuisine, that was why Merlion Wayfarer was amused to find this in their menu. Find out what when Merlion Wayfarer reviews it in http://merlionwayfarer.blogspot.sg/2012/08/crystal-jade-kitchen-of-succulent.html

Merlion Wayfarer ordered the Shrimp Dumpling Noodles Soup (????) - which Crystal Jade serves the way it is served in Hong Kong. As usual the noodles didn't live up to the dumplings - being a bit harder in texture compared to the meat-based soup and thick generous dumplings...

Overall

Crystal Jade Kitchen - Junction 8 Bishan ????

Crystal Jade Kitchen at Junction 8 Bishan #B1-07 serves very nice Chinese food. Check out the food photos: http://mrupupup.blogspot.sg/2012/08/crystal-jade-kitchen-junction-8-bishan.html

Mrupupup had their duck noodles (dry version) - all time favorite because of the succulent duck meat and wonderful noodles. Mrupupup also had dumpling soup noodles (very nice dumplings), red bean dessert and this special Osmanthus jelly (which has a refreshing taste). Mrupupup loves the Crystal Jade. Yummmyss!

Decent Experience

30 July 2010 Dinner

Ambience: Good

Food: Good. I ate duck noodles. The meat juice that came out from the duck was slightly salty and had the kind of meat taste that I like. Noodles and soup is acceptable as well. I would note that even for me, it is somewhat salty and that typical people would probably consider it extremely salty.

Value: Bad if considered without any restrictions. Acceptable if you consider that this is a restaurant after all and $8 for the duck noodles is not reasonable considering the good ambience and service.

Service: Good. Not excellent since the service staff was not exactly elated over my questions with the menu items, but she managed to conceal most of her expression. The staff also chatted a lot while cleaning up and is somewhat disruptive of the dining experience. However, considering that it was nearing closing time (half an hour before closing), this is not unreasonable.