Reviews for Crystal Jade Korean Ginseng Chicken & BBQ (Ngee Ann City)

AsianChineseKorean
Morsels of Delice

Not too Bad

I still remember that when I first tried out the Korean BBQ meat here, I was wowed over by the strong, tasty flavour of the meat (to be precise, it should be the sauce). The sauce is salty and aromatic, complementing the fresh meat perfectly. The six complimentary dishes consist of typical Korean fare, like Kimchi, salad and veggies, are great for keeping one occupied. The spicy seafood soup totally whets one's appetite and the pancake is so fragant (Though the bimbibap is dry and tasteless).

The service is not exactly fantastic but is good enough for me to have an enjoyable meal there. And thus, I became a regular patron of this restaurant.

But alas, as time goes by, I had tasted food from many different dining establishments; I had gotten picky. So now when I revisit this place, while the standard is still the same and I still kinda enjoy the food, I just find the food to be so-so only; kind of salty and did not bring out the true flavour of the original ingredients. I find the meat to be not so fresh. The main thing I still like about this place is the kimchi, not too hot with lots of zest. Though for this kind of price, the food is considered very value for money.

I'll still go back to satisfy my cravings for Korean food. Provided that I don't want to trudge down to holland village for Gaia.

By the way, this outlet had moved to #B2-36A already.

This post can also be found on http://morsels-of-delice.blogspot.sg/2014/09/crystal-jade-korean-ginseng-chicken-bbq.html
06 Nov 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

3 missing/ wrong order, rude service, long waiting time, fish not cook fully

Visited this outlet yesterday during off peak hours, with only few tables occupied. The manager took our order for 3 pax rudely as if he was in hurry, without even taking notes and repeating our order. He mistook our order 3 times, from cold green tea become hot tea, missing extra rice, and missing dessert (where he did ask serve now or later). The rice we have to ask twice with 45 minutes waiting time. My dad orders a Saba fish that came 45 minutes when everyone is almost finished with their meal. later and we have to ask for it. The fish was not cook properly with bitter and gooey taste. The worst Crystal Jade Outlet I ever tried!
16 Sep 2014 • 51 reviews • 0 follower

Not too Bad

By the way, this outlet had moved to #B2-36A already.

24 Aug 2014 • 5 reviews • 0 follower

One of the best Korean ginseng chicken soups in Singapore!

Headed there for lunch on a Sunday afternoon and there was a queue of ~20 mins for two. There was an ongoing promo where you can buy the ginseng chicken soup dish for just $9 (UP $28) if you spend more than $80. The two of us almost wanted to order the ginseng chicken + a hotpot but thankfully we were stopped by a waitress who told us that the ginseng chicken soup was for sharing.

The banchan arrived first - it was complimentary! Loved the spinach, vermicelli and kimchi. We had it refilled 4 times :p The ginseng chicken soup was lovely - the meat was tender and off-the-bone. The chicken itself was stuffed with rice, gingko nuts, chestnuts and dates. The soup was tasty (but I was informed by my dining partner that it was MSG-laden!) so we drank it in moderation. Note that a soup top up would set you back by $6.

Other than that, terrific experience! One of the best korean ginseng chicken soups I've had in Singapore (and trust me, I've had many).