BBQ3 votes
korean Ginseng Chicken Soup3 votes

Hazelleo
 • 18 Jul 2014 69 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Whenever we think of Korean cuisine, we will be expecting whole spread of banchan varieties that comes complimentary. However, with the new location and revamping, banchan /side dish set here is available in 6 varieties of Korean appetizer per serving (S$10.00). Neverthless, it is refillable. The 6 different types of appertizers are changes daily. For today, we have spicy kimchi, spicy radish and spicy cucumber which are available separately at S$4.00 per serving.Spicy kimchi is freshly made every 5 days. I personally love the spicy water chestnut which is a good start before the main course.
Authentic Korean Ginseng Chicken Soup @S$28.00 per serving. The portion can serves 2-4 persons. This is my favourite dish and absolutely in love with the taste of the essence soup. It reminds me of the one I tasted during my Seoul trip. Fresh whole young chicken stuffed with glutinous rice, red dates and gingko nuts and immersed in ginseng water and ginseng. Flavorful soup base that I couldn’t stop sipping it.
Stewed Top Grade Beef Short Rib @S$29.00 per serving that serves 2-4 persons. The chef did a good job on this dish. The prime Australian beef ribs are tenderly braised for several hours with rock sugar, pepper, sesame, red dates, ginger, garlic, apples, pears, carrots and radish. Absolutely amazed with the tenderness of meat that retains the flavorful and juiciness.
Korean Imperial Hotpot with assorted vegetable @S$39.00 which can serve 2-4persons. It comes with the choice of beef, pork and chicken.Hotpot is presented beautifully with ingredients served on table with ingredients like vegetables, silken tofu, golden enoki mushrooms and straw mushrooms. It is quite value of money with the generous portion of ingredients.
Fresh Korean Handmade Noodles @S$3.00 per serving. These are freshly handmade using eggs and high grade Korean flour. Thus, this explains the fresh, springy texture.
We also tried the BBQ session. Marinated Beef Short Rib @S$28.00 per serving. The ribs are marinated for over 3 hours in a secret recipe that made the taste after BBQ remains flavorful and juicy. Ox Tongue S$25.00 per serving can be one of the BBQ option. The ox’s tongue is juicy and succulent after it has been lightly barbequed. Lastly, we tried Pork Collar @S$22.00 per serving. Fresh and beautifully marbled pork which is juicy and flavorful after barbequed.
We ended with Double-boiled snow pear with ‘Chuan Bei’ and Dried Longan @S$5.00 per serving. The traditional chinese version using whole Snow Pears double boiled with ‘chuan bei’, dried longans and rock sugar. It can be served either hot or cold. We had the cold version which is totally refreshing and soothing particularly after a spicy meal or barbeque.
For more photos, check out my post :http://hazeldiary.com/crystal-jade-korean-ginseng-chicken-bb/

Must tries: korean Ginseng Chicken Soup, BBQ, Stewed Top Grade Beef Short Rib

Dinner, Lunch

Vincent Oh
 • 21 Dec 2013 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Tasteless korean food. Misleading poster showing bbq wagyu beef promotion at $19 but was told I could only order after spending $80. I will never visit this place agai

Wendy Lim 721
 • 10 Dec 2013 38 reviews 16 followers
Overall
My first time at this restaurant and a hostess wearing hanbok greeted us. We managed to get a nice table with a great space for stroller at about 7pm!
I flipped thru the menu. It was largely korean dishes with some Chinese stuff eg broccoli with scallops (which we ordered). It didn’t feel authentically korean haha.
They even serve banchan. I tot the kimchi tasted weird..

For full review and pic, pls go to http://wendylimwendy.wordpress.com/2013/10/06/crystal-jade-korean-ginseng-chicken-bbq-at-takashimaya/! Cheers!