Crystal Jade Korean Ginseng Chicken & BBQ (Ngee Ann City) (翡翠参鸡汤烧烤)

Summary

Food/Drink3
Ambience3
korean Ginseng Chicken Soup, BBQ, Ginseng Chicken Soup, Korean Ginseng Chicken, Stewed Top Grade Beef Short Rib View all
Dinner, Lunch, Children/Family, Vibrant/Noisy View all

Great Korean Ginseng Chicken

View the full menu with prices here: http://chewingyum.com/2015/11/15/crystal-jade-korean-ginseng-chicken-bbq/

Ngee Ann City is filled with many different Crystal Jade restaurants, and Crystal Jade Korean Ginseng and BBQ is an evident break away from Crystal Jade's usual offering of Chinese food. And in my opinion, its been done very well. The name of the restaurant includes what is definitely a must try when you come here. Very tasty and the chicken is very tender. Superb! THeir bbq offerings are also satisfying. If you're around orchard and want a nice korean meal, definitely check this place out. Great for families!

Most helpful reviews for Crystal Jade Korean Ginseng Chicken & BBQ (Ngee Ann City)

3 missing/ wrong order, rude service, long waiting time, fish not cook fully

Visited this outlet yesterday during off peak hours, with only few tables occupied. The manager took our order for 3 pax rudely as if he was in hurry, without even taking notes and repeating our order. He mistook our order 3 times, from cold green tea become hot tea, missing extra rice, and missing dessert (where he did ask serve now or later). The rice we have to ask twice with 45 minutes waiting time. My dad orders a Saba fish that came 45 minutes when everyone is almost finished with their meal. later and we have to ask for it. The fish was not cook properly with bitter and gooey taste. The worst Crystal Jade Outlet I ever tried!

Not too Bad

I still remember that when I first tried out the Korean BBQ meat here, I was wowed over by the strong, tasty flavour of the meat (to be precise, it should be the sauce). The sauce is salty and aromatic, complementing the fresh meat perfectly. The six complimentary dishes consist of typical Korean fare, like Kimchi, salad and veggies, are great for keeping one occupied. The spicy seafood soup totally whets one's appetite and the pancake is so fragant (Though the bimbibap is dry and tasteless).

The service is not exactly fantastic but is good enough for me to have an enjoyable meal there. And thus, I became a regular patron of this restaurant.

But alas, as time goes by, I had tasted food from many different dining establishments; I had gotten picky. So now when I revisit this place, while the standard is still the same and I still kinda enjoy the food, I just find the food to be so-so only; kind of salty and did not bring out the true flavour of the original ingredients. I find the meat to be not so fresh. The main thing I still like about this place is the kimchi, not too hot with lots of zest. Though for this kind of price, the food is considered very value for money.

I'll still go back to satisfy my cravings for Korean food. Provided that I don't want to trudge down to holland village for Gaia.

By the way, this outlet had moved to #B2-36A already.

This post can also be found on http://morsels-of-delice.blogspot.sg/2014/09/crystal-jade-korean-ginseng-chicken-bbq.html

One of the best Korean ginseng chicken soups in Singapore!

Headed there for lunch on a Sunday afternoon and there was a queue of ~20 mins for two. There was an ongoing promo where you can buy the ginseng chicken soup dish for just $9 (UP $28) if you spend more than $80. The two of us almost wanted to order the ginseng chicken + a hotpot but thankfully we were stopped by a waitress who told us that the ginseng chicken soup was for sharing.

The banchan arrived first - it was complimentary! Loved the spinach, vermicelli and kimchi. We had it refilled 4 times :p The ginseng chicken soup was lovely - the meat was tender and off-the-bone. The chicken itself was stuffed with rice, gingko nuts, chestnuts and dates. The soup was tasty (but I was informed by my dining partner that it was MSG-laden!) so we drank it in moderation. Note that a soup top up would set you back by $6.

Other than that, terrific experience! One of the best korean ginseng chicken soups I've had in Singapore (and trust me, I've had many).

Korean Cuisine

Whenever we think of Korean cuisine, we will be expecting whole spread of banchan varieties that comes complimentary. However, with the new location and revamping, banchan /side dish set here is available in 6 varieties of Korean appetizer per serving (S$10.00). Neverthless, it is refillable. The 6 different types of appertizers are changes daily. For today, we have spicy kimchi, spicy radish and spicy cucumber which are available separately at S$4.00 per serving.Spicy kimchi is freshly made every 5 days. I personally love the spicy water chestnut which is a good start before the main course.
Authentic Korean Ginseng Chicken Soup @S$28.00 per serving. The portion can serves 2-4 persons. This is my favourite dish and absolutely in love with the taste of the essence soup. It reminds me of the one I tasted during my Seoul trip. Fresh whole young chicken stuffed with glutinous rice, red dates and gingko nuts and immersed in ginseng water and ginseng. Flavorful soup base that I couldn’t stop sipping it.
Stewed Top Grade Beef Short Rib @S$29.00 per serving that serves 2-4 persons. The chef did a good job on this dish. The prime Australian beef ribs are tenderly braised for several hours with rock sugar, pepper, sesame, red dates, ginger, garlic, apples, pears, carrots and radish. Absolutely amazed with the tenderness of meat that retains the flavorful and juiciness.
Korean Imperial Hotpot with assorted vegetable @S$39.00 which can serve 2-4persons. It comes with the choice of beef, pork and chicken.Hotpot is presented beautifully with ingredients served on table with ingredients like vegetables, silken tofu, golden enoki mushrooms and straw mushrooms. It is quite value of money with the generous portion of ingredients.
Fresh Korean Handmade Noodles @S$3.00 per serving. These are freshly handmade using eggs and high grade Korean flour. Thus, this explains the fresh, springy texture.
We also tried the BBQ session. Marinated Beef Short Rib @S$28.00 per serving. The ribs are marinated for over 3 hours in a secret recipe that made the taste after BBQ remains flavorful and juicy. Ox Tongue S$25.00 per serving can be one of the BBQ option. The ox’s tongue is juicy and succulent after it has been lightly barbequed. Lastly, we tried Pork Collar @S$22.00 per serving. Fresh and beautifully marbled pork which is juicy and flavorful after barbequed.
We ended with Double-boiled snow pear with ‘Chuan Bei’ and Dried Longan @S$5.00 per serving. The traditional chinese version using whole Snow Pears double boiled with ‘chuan bei’, dried longans and rock sugar. It can be served either hot or cold. We had the cold version which is totally refreshing and soothing particularly after a spicy meal or barbeque.
For more photos, check out my post :http://hazeldiary.com/crystal-jade-korean-ginseng-chicken-bb/