Reviews for Cuisine Master Hot Pot

AsianChineseSteamboat
Address: 68 Boat Quay
Chiamhuiy

Premium hot pot experience

The Cuisine Master Hot Pot has certainly brought the hotpot/steam boat concept up to a great new level. The restaurant's predecessors are opened in China, helmed by Master Chef Zhong Li Wen. CuisineMaster would like to bring over the luscious concept of hot pot into Singapore, with course set menus instead of ala carte and buffet styles.    Full review with more photos on: http://www.chiamhuiy.com/2013/09/food-review-cuisine-master-hot-pot.htm

While many diners are wondering when the steamboat pot will be served, the service staff easily surprised all of us by simply activating the automated hot pot (which they called 'ding' 鼎)to reveal it. Another revitalizing sides platter includes Black Fungus, Green Peas with Preserved Olive Leaves and De-skined Cherry Tomatoes. Not exactly my favourite but I like how the tomatoes are dipped in orange juice to give a tangy sensation before we start off with the main course.    A friendly service staff will be stationed at the side and help you with all the cooking. He or she will also be happy to explain to you the steps and procedure in all the set menu courses, ranging from SGD78++ to 198++ per pax. If you would prefer enjoying the hotpot yourself, you can kindly request the staff to excuse himself.    At Cuisine Master Hot Pot, the two commonly used soup broth are the Golden Soup and the Mushroom Soup.

The Mushroom Soup (菌,fungus) was first served before all other ingredients are cooked in it. The broth is specially prepared with several premium fungus and herbs to give a nourishing indulgence. The soup is clear, palatable and most importantly, nutritious.

The seafood platter was cooked in the Golden Soup (Jin 金), the broth that was simmered for a good 10 hours, reaching a delectable creamy texture which taste extremely nourishing. The succulent and luscious baby abalone and sea cucumber, along with the springy fish maw were impressively savory.
I was really dazzled by the presentation of the next dish - Chef's special prepared Shrimps and Pork Balls. It's hard to choose between the Shrimps and Pork balls as both were chewy and juicy, leaving me craving for more.

After the Prawn with turbot combination, we were served fresh Beef slices and Kurobuta Pork. I personally thought the Kurobuta Pork was a little tough but it was still bitable. The beef slices one the other hand was a chewy pleasure to the tastebuds.

I won't be lying when I say that the handmade noodles was delicious, especially when I specifically requested for another bowl despite my carbo diet. For some reason, the noodles tasted especially delectable (and very bouncy) in the bowl of Golden Soup. Perhaps the soup has became more flavourful after having all the ingredients cooking in it.

To fight off the post food slump. we enjoyed the White Fungus with Longan and Red Dates that came just at the right time.     Love,  Celine
21 Jun 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Long waiting time, seated about 45mins after booking

Went for dinner on 8 June and made reservations for 6 pax at 8pm, only seated at 845pm when I went up to check on the availablity of seats. They tried to make up the experience by serving some condiments to keep us occupied but unfortunately it is the wait that made my family disappointed and we were looking forward for the dinner with a couple of good reviews.

Food wise, portion is a little too little, aren't very full after the meal. Colourful noodles went out of availability and we only had normal noodles (another disappointment). When we asked for a refill of soup, they ran out of soup and made us wait about 10mins for the top-up and the hotpot almost dried up.

Only thing that made our day at the restaurant is the service from one of their staff. Really top notch and kept us occupied.

I would try it again if they improve their speed of serving and waiting time.
The management of Cuisine Master Hot Pot responded to this review:
01 Jul 2014
Dear Food Family,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Cuisine Master Hot Pot.

We regret to hear about your unpleasant dining experience, which we sincerely apologise for. Your feedbacks are important to us and we do take them seriously. We will share it with the team for further improvement and certainly hope that you and your family will visit us again for a better experience!

Yours sincerely,
The Management
Cuisine Master Hot Pot
29 Apr 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Premium & unique hot pot experience

The food here is so great, the excellent service staff are very knowledgable about the function and culture behind each dishes and even the unique pot and wine cup what they call them "Ding" and 'Jue". The most luxury thing was all the cooking are done by the service staff, what you need to do is consume and enjoy the food.
29 Apr 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Great place to dine

Food is great. Service is excellent. Food came on time, fresh and good. service staff is very friendly. Felt at home and very comfortable. its been a long time since i enjoyed myself in a restaurant. the staff was very down to earth and was very knowledgeable about the food.

Thank you Cuisine Master for the wonderful dinner.