Cuisine Master Hot Pot has closed.

Summary

Colouful noodle, 金汤 golden soup, chicken soup, fish & giant prawn, garden greens, kurobota pork, matsutake & golden mushroom combo, prawn with turbot combination, veal strip, 佛跳墙 buddha jumps over the wall, 菌汤 fungus soup View all
After Work, Business Dining, Fine Dining, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Anniversary, Birthdays, Dinner, Relaxed View all

Premium hot pot experience

The Cuisine Master Hot Pot has certainly brought the hotpot/steam boat concept up to a great new level. The restaurant's predecessors are opened in China, helmed by Master Chef Zhong Li Wen. CuisineMaster would like to bring over the luscious concept of hot pot into Singapore, with course set menus instead of ala carte and buffet styles.    Full review with more photos on: http://www.chiamhuiy.com/2013/09/food-review-cuisine-master-hot-pot.htm

While many diners are wondering when the steamboat pot will be served, the service staff easily surprised all of us by simply activating the automated hot pot (which they called 'ding' 鼎)to reveal it. Another revitalizing sides platter includes Black Fungus, Green Peas with Preserved Olive Leaves and De-skined Cherry Tomatoes. Not exactly my favourite but I like how the tomatoes are dipped in orange juice to give a tangy sensation before we start off with the main course.    A friendly service staff will be stationed at the side and help you with all the cooking. He or she will also be happy to explain to you the steps and procedure in all the set menu courses, ranging from SGD78++ to 198++ per pax. If you would prefer enjoying the hotpot yourself, you can kindly request the staff to excuse himself.    At Cuisine Master Hot Pot, the two commonly used soup broth are the Golden Soup and the Mushroom Soup.

The Mushroom Soup (菌,fungus) was first served before all other ingredients are cooked in it. The broth is specially prepared with several premium fungus and herbs to give a nourishing indulgence. The soup is clear, palatable and most importantly, nutritious.

The seafood platter was cooked in the Golden Soup (Jin 金), the broth that was simmered for a good 10 hours, reaching a delectable creamy texture which taste extremely nourishing. The succulent and luscious baby abalone and sea cucumber, along with the springy fish maw were impressively savory.
I was really dazzled by the presentation of the next dish - Chef's special prepared Shrimps and Pork Balls. It's hard to choose between the Shrimps and Pork balls as both were chewy and juicy, leaving me craving for more.

After the Prawn with turbot combination, we were served fresh Beef slices and Kurobuta Pork. I personally thought the Kurobuta Pork was a little tough but it was still bitable. The beef slices one the other hand was a chewy pleasure to the tastebuds.

I won't be lying when I say that the handmade noodles was delicious, especially when I specifically requested for another bowl despite my carbo diet. For some reason, the noodles tasted especially delectable (and very bouncy) in the bowl of Golden Soup. Perhaps the soup has became more flavourful after having all the ingredients cooking in it.

To fight off the post food slump. we enjoyed the White Fungus with Longan and Red Dates that came just at the right time.     Love,  Celine

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Cuisine Master Hot Pot

One Night in Beijing...

for full review & more pics, visit here

On arrival, I was a little unsure since the ground level looked more a spot for high octane beverages, but the service staff were quick to attend and point me upstairs.

Unlike most hot pot joints, this is one classic signature stamped with a rich class of Beijing, exuding anything/ everything inspired from ancient Chinese royal dining etiquette. A mechanized automated self hearing ‘jing’ (井trans: well) seats within the table, while a dedicated concierge is stationed at the table to cook for you. Unless, otherwise excused from the table, the concierge shall see to the entire course of lunch/dinner.

The meal is started with a plate of fresh fruits, for it is believed in ancient times that the fruits trigger enzymes activity, and readies the palettes for the meal that follows. A young Shaoxin wine is poured for us in a ‘Jue’ (爵 trans: nobleman’s wine cup) to warm things up a little, while waiting for the jin (金trans: gold) & jun (菌trans: fungus) soup to come to a boil in a 鸳鸯yuan-yang pot.

The jun soup is a stock prepared using fungus assortment, has a bit of the woody fragrance. And the jin soup is a rich broth harnessed from bones & cartilage assortments.

Started things off each served with a bowl of the jun soup with evenly portioned fungus assortment, followed with a bowl of miniature fotiaoqiang 佛跳墙 , comprising of dried scallops, abalone,  sea cucumber & sharks fin substituted using fish maw. This arrangement calibrates the palettes, before the meal builds up to a crescendo.

Served next, prawn with turbot combination, and shrimp & meat ball on carrot. The meats are battered to pulp & neatly cut to shape for purpose of consistency of doneness, texture & taste. The soup base was good enough to lightly influence the taste, and I found very little need to use the sauce dips.

Then there was Kurobuta & Veal Tripe, lightly boiled to tender perfection. A light dab of chili oil adds a tingle to the taste. A sip of the shaoxin wine sweetens the experience too. The sliced snow fish & giant prawns were also cooked in good timing. The fish doesn’t flake, and the prawn shell was easily removed, without compromising the meat. A dab at the seafood sauce or a drip of shaoxin is also good.

The matsutake & golden mushroom combo was another delightful experience. I have to say mushrooms are after all, meatarian’s vegetables.

The garden greens comprising of lettuces & spinach, with in house handmade noodles, flavored & naturally colored (cabbage, carrots, spinach & eggs). The noodles are served together with the enriched soup, bringing a closure to the meal.

A light white fungus with longan & red dates dessert seals the meal in sweet bliss.

Possibly the only fine dining hot pot concept available in town, and it’s not everyday that one gets to experience a meal in the life of a blue blood brat.

Fat Fish

I honestly did not expect much but this was way below what I had expected.

1) the service was overall poor. There were so many staff on the floor yet they couldn't attend to our orders
 2) they charge for drinks... As though paying 30 bucks for dinner is not enough they charge for drinks 50 cents for hot water (who needs hot water when you're already drinking hot soup. Thank you for being so considerate. And it's over a dollar or two for mineral water?!) this is just unreasonable.
 3) know what's even more unreasonable?! That the quality of food is not even there. I don't mind paying for drinks if the quality do the meat is good but apparently the beef fat was yellow. I've heard of it but it's my first time seeing beef fat so yellow... It was really gross the image has no filter by the way if you were wondering. The pork had more fats than meat on it, the beef brought out from the kitchen directly tasted funny like, the texture can be likened unto that of fats.

disappointment!!

I wanted to go to a nice place for a delicious meal, so after reading all the reviews we picked this place. First of all, it's empty, that didn't give us good feelings, then the place looked a bit old and the cutlery was dirty. We ordered S$88++ per pax set menu then the staff served us the food, those ingredients were not fresh and the soup was tasteless. The experience was so bad that we didn't even finished the meal...in the end we paid S$100 for the lessons: 1. Do not trust the reviews only. 2. Do not eat at a restaurant which is empty.

Long waiting time, seated about 45mins after booking

Went for dinner on 8 June and made reservations for 6 pax at 8pm, only seated at 845pm when I went up to check on the availablity of seats. They tried to make up the experience by serving some condiments to keep us occupied but unfortunately it is the wait that made my family disappointed and we were looking forward for the dinner with a couple of good reviews.

Food wise, portion is a little too little, aren't very full after the meal. Colourful noodles went out of availability and we only had normal noodles (another disappointment). When we asked for a refill of soup, they ran out of soup and made us wait about 10mins for the top-up and the hotpot almost dried up.

Only thing that made our day at the restaurant is the service from one of their staff. Really top notch and kept us occupied.

I would try it again if they improve their speed of serving and waiting time.

The management of (Closed) Cuisine Master Hot Pot responded to this review:
01 Jul 2014
Dear Food Family, Thank you for sharing your experience at Cuisine Master Hot Pot. We regret to hear about your unpleasant dining experience, which we sincerely apologise for. Your feedbacks are important to us and we do take them seriously. We will share it with the team for further improvement and certainly hope that you and your family will visit us again for a better experience! Yours sincerely, The Management Cuisine Master Hot Pot

Premium & unique hot pot experience

Food/Drink 4 | Value 4 | Ambience N/A | Service 5

The food here is so great, the excellent service staff are very knowledgable about the function and culture behind each dishes and even the unique pot and wine cup what they call them "Ding" and 'Jue". The most luxury thing was all the cooking are done by the service staff, what you need to do is consume and enjoy the food.