Reviews for Danro Japanese Hot Pot

AsianJapanese
ryuska

Not a pleasant experience

Went to Danro on Saturday night. Good thing we made a reservation cos the place is quite packed. It's not authentic japanese fare but for the price of $25.90++(weekends), what can we expect? At least the food is fresh. Tried the spicy chicken broth & wafu. It's not spicy at all and the chicken broth pales in comparison to Bijin Nabe (Plaza Singapura). We were told the Kiritanpo (Danro's specialty) is not available. Naturally, we felt shortchanged. The waitress was initially adamant about it until we raise the point that the Kiritanpo is their specialty, if they had ran out of it, this should have been made known to diners beforehand. (note: Danro's practice is payment before dine so if you are there for the Kiritanpo, better check before paying) The waitress then returned and advised we need to wait 2 hours for the kitchen to prepare the Kiritanpo. Gosh ... is the making of Kiritanpo that complex?? Anyway, the manager was nice enough to offer us a special service by making some for us within 30 mins. That's a nice gesture. Overall, food is acceptable but service standard of the crew is quite lacking. For the kinda price I would have expected better service than other inexpensive hotpot place. Probably won't visit again as the food is nothing to cry about.
05 Dec 2014 • 11 reviews • 0 follower

Danro Japanese Hot Pot buffet

The variety of food available was rather limited. The only part I liked was the shabushabu. The rest were normal fare and one station was simply a more atas version of a yong tau foo stall. How is it considered as Japanese cuisine?

The soup bases had to be refilled on our own (it's really self-service) and they run out really fast. The place seemed quite short-staffed for our empty plates were piling up without anyone clearing them. I don't really think the service charge was justified if that is the kind of service that we get.

Though it was quiet and the ambience was good for chatting with friends, I didn't enjoy the overall experience. Not going to patronise the place again. (Yeah, I felt cheated by the blog reviews online raving about how good the place was with their soft serve icecream machines and kiritanpo. They lied. >
16 Aug 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Very disappointed, bad experience

Bad experience. Was attracted to the food review, hence I was excited to pay a visit. The staff was good to call us after a 30mins wait. Let's not mention about food first, we went in at 8.30pm. The staff SHOULD have told us that they closed at 930pm (thou I check closing time was 10pm) and we have not enough time to eat. Yet they told us halfway through our meal, my friend & I was like "what, it's just pass like 30mins for god sake. Variety of food is not as stated ALOT and many was empty. The staff even start packing/clearing everything once they told us, its just 9pm. A way of forcing us to leave? because there was NO FOOD! I wouodnt visit again.
22 Mar 2014 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

不划算

the varieties of food has drop. the freshness of ingredient also follows. only good when you are going for weekdays lunch with a hungry kid. so if not going with kid. it not worth your money.