Review for Deli Moroccan

GreekIranianMediterraneanMiddle EasternWestern
Address: 30 Bussorah Street, 199448
14 Feb 2007

A touch of Fez

I do get the urge for Morrocan food and Deli Moroccan did satisfy that urge.

Good ,cheap, underrated - friendly people.

I really liked it for its chill factor, its good and simple food, and these immigrants who have made Singapore their home.

Some items on the menu you may have to call ahead for them to prepare, their tagine cous cous I believe. It helps if like me you can show off in very bad Morrocan Arabic.

EDIT UPDATE: Glad to see that Deli Moroccan has a good review from most of the HUNGRY GOWHERERS...I spent 3 weeks in Morroco so I do get a craving for the Tagine sometimes so seeing all the rave reviews makes me smile...

More reviews of Deli Moroccan

Fine Buffet for Lunch

Wonderful food. Eggplant spread is turkish in style, and hummus very fragrant. Lunch comes with mixed salad and veggie soup. Two kinds of rice, both very nice. Briyani not too spicy. Lamb curry and basil chicken unparralelled.

Not worth the money

Why I will not go back to this restaurant again:
 -Ordered lamb kebab for $18 and all we got were 2 pathetic sticks with 9 tiny pieces of meat on it. The hummus was bland and the beef Tajin was such a tiny portion compared to the price we paid. Not a good experience. The customers sitting on the table facing us had left the table more than an hour ago, but food was not cleared and it was just dirty. Not good. They also forgot what we ordered and we got 3 instead of 4 dishes.
 - Very slow service
 - No working system
 - Dirty and unkept.

All in all, we will not go to this unkept place even if the prices were drastically reduced.

The worst

We ordered the lamb couscous, lamb tajin, Greeks salad, mix kebab platter. The food is tasteless and bland. Originally the waiter serve the Green salad which we know it's not a Greek salad. When we told him this was not what we ordered, he explained he forgot to add the cheese on our Greek salad. Then he brought us some cheese to top up. But I can guarantee you this is not a Greek salad even by adding the cheese. The cook is an Indian. it's of the worst restaurant we ever been. the food taste horrible.

will not be back

for more pictures and review, visit my blog at http://bertieretie.blogspot.sg/2015/05/deli-moroccan.html

f
ood was okay, nothing too terrible, but there are much better middle eastern places around. what made us annoyed was that we didn't get what we ordered. asked what was in the mezi platter and were told that there was falafel, but there weren't any when we were served. what came was a sorry excuse for a mezi platter. also they probably need to look into hiring more staff.

Not worth a visit

A colleague and I decided to go to the Arab Street area for lunch and then after looking at the menu of this place, we went in.

The interiors are rather unkempt and rather dirty, and that should have been our sign to walk out. It started to rain heavily and we decided to stay and eat. The menu that was handed to us was tattered.

We ordered the mixed appetizer (which according to the menu was SGD 17 for hummus, baba ghanoush, falafel, 2 salads and 2 pieces of pita bread) and a falafel sandwich to share. The owner did not ask us which salads we wanted.

After about 40 minutes of waiting, we got a falafel sandwich, which was actually a wrap with far too little dressing. It was tasteless and dry. The waiter also gave us 3 sachets of tomato ketchup, most probably to help it go down.

The owner who had taken our order came about 50 minutes later with a tray that had 3 falafels, a little baba ghanoush and some hummus. She came back with one pita bread. When we asked her for the salad, she said we ordered the one without the salad and it was the "other" appetizer platter. There was only one on the menu we had been handed. Then she said, "Oh, but you looked at the old menu. Our menu has changed." I asked her if that was our fault that we ordered from a menu that we were handed." Then she said, "I could give you the salad, but I have no vegetables and it is raining, so I can't get any now. I have only one tomato." So we asked her if it was fair that there was a bunch of things missing from what we've ordered, but we're still charged SGD 17. She said, 'No no, this is only SGD 12." Then she realised how upset we were and kept coming back to our table with all sweetness (totally fake ofcourse) offering us ice water since we didn't order drinks.

The pita was like a large dry phulka, nothing like the pita or lavash one would expect. The hummus was very dry. The baba ghanoush was what made it possible to finish the pita.

Bad food, an unwelcoming decor and an unpleasant service attitude has ensured that we will never go back.