Summary

Braised Beef Cheeks, German Pork Knuckle, Salmon with Cheese, fried mushrooms View all
After Work, Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Boys Night Out View all

Easy, good pickins'

Pork knuckle made easy: new joint on Prinsep Street, Der Biergarten, serves pork knuckle deboned for easy pickins'. The skin is crunchy and well seasoned, the meat tender, and the sauerkraut isn't puckerish. True to their name, this is served with a dark beer gravy. This portion is good for two to four persons ($48); a single portion is also available at $24. They have quite a few good dishes up their sleeves - also try their very tender Guinness beef cheek ($36). We'll make this even easier for you - you can book a table via our app.

Most helpful reviews for Der Biergarten

Nice alfresco place for German food (Dinner)

There is a row of shophouses along Prinsep Street opposite POMO and next to Rendezvous Hotel, that house several restuarants. The uniqueness of this place is a chance to dine under the stars right in the middle of the city (Dhoby Ghaut area).

This German restaurant opened here recently and I came by one evening recently for dinner and drinks.

Here are the dishes we ordered:
- German Pork Knuckle: The pork knuckle was well grilled and the skin had good crackling. Meat was tender. Sauerkraut was served on the side, alongside gravy which you can dip into. Order it!
- Salmon with Cheese: The salmon was pan-fried, and later topped with cheese and served atop mash potatoes. Salmon was moist and not dry. The salsa served on the side had a hint of spiciness and gave a kick to the palate.
- Braised Beef Cheeks: This was my favourite dish of the day. The beef cheeks were tender and came apart easily. It was tender and flavourful. The mash potatoes also went well with the gravy, making me wanting more. Must-order!

They offered Paulaner Wheat Beer and Lager on tap. I tried bothe the beers and much prefer the Wheat beer, which was cloudy and had a depth of flavour.

Do check them out when you are next at Dhoby Ghaut area and you can wine and dine under the stars.

Great food highly recommended!

My friends and I were in the neighbourhood, and we noticed this new bar. Pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and beer (which arrived ice-cold!). We weren't very hungry, but were persuaded to try share the chicken schnitzel and loved it. We liked how it was tender yet crisp and very well seasoned.  Bonus points for the attentive staff and great ambience – perfect for a Friday-night chill-out.

You must try thus place

My girlfriend and I were sick of always going to the same bars, so we decided to pop into Der Biergarten, which we heard about through a friend. We're glad that we did! The staff were so friendly and efficient, and our beers and food arrived very promptly. I tried the Guinness beef cheek, which was super tender and really delicious. My girlfriend had the smoked duck great salad and found it tasty and surprisingly satisfying. Really liked the al fresco setting too – so hard to find in town! I definitely recommend this place and will be back to try more of the menu. (I hear the pork knuckle is excellent.) Cheers!

Great place to chill and enjoy good food and music

I like pretty much most things on the menu, but especially the pork knuckles and the beef cheek. The sausage platter is great too, and so is the chicken schitnzels salad.