Back to Din Tai Fung#B1-03/06, Paragon Shopping Centre, 290 Orchard...

xiao long bao15 votes
Supper3 votes

doriat
 • 17 hours ago 8 reviews 0 follower
Overall
The title says it all. If you're looking for affordable chinese food, you should try out this Restaurant. You won't be disappointed! For more details and pictures on dining at Din Tai Fung, visit http://doriateo.blogspot.sg/2014/11/our-regular-orders-at-din-tai-fung.html.

I always start with their oriental salad in vinegar ($4). It's an interesting and crunchy salad, though i don't think this would suit everyone. It's a little on the spicy side as well but definitely a very refreshing salad and good appetiser.

I'm also a fan of their buns. I like their steamed vegetable pork bun and steamed pork bun and steamed chilli crab bun. Out of all their buns, i think a must try would be their chilli crab bun which costs $5.30 for 3.

Their steamed pork dumpling ($9.80 for 10) is a must try as well as their famous for it. These dumplings contain a very tasty soup so be careful while you eat it!

As for staples, do try their fried rice ($7)! It has a nice buttery flavour to it and they are pretty generous with their fried egg!

Must tries: xiao long bao, Prawns Fried Rice

After Work

Arashi Stormlover Arashistormlover
 • 14 Sep 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I am not sure why Singapore is known as a foodie place. I don't mean the lack of Michelin stars, more the lack of fresh ingredients and good customer service across the (price) board. So I think the reputation is based on quantity (and variety) of restaurants here, rather than their quality. But luckily, Din Tai Fung has it all - great food, fast service, reasonable prices, and a lively atmosphere. Only problem is the crowds, but then that also tells you something.

Mei Nui Nurul
 • 16 Sep 2013 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
We love this chain. The branch is a bit too busy, but that's all. Just go to this branch for the convenience but not a longer dinner to chat with friends. DTF is just so amazing by stamdards and their food is great value and clea. Love it. We just tried one other branch which is at MBS, a bit smaller but less busy.

Must tries: xiao long bao, Baby xiao long bao, Prawns Fried Rice