Reviews for Din Tai Fung (Paragon)

AsianChineseShanghaineseTaiwanese
Violet Chu

Inefficient service

I'm currently sitting inside DTF as I am writing this review. From where I am I can see 3 empty 4 seats tables, 4 empty 2 seats tables. It has been 10-15 minutes since I got my seat (And may I add - many groups are still waiting outside) and these tables are still empty (except for 2, they have since been seated after 15 mins). I can see a staff walking around with her phone, a staff standing there, but none of them offered to clear the table. It's probably fair to point out that I can also see some other staff members running around serving customers. I may not know the exact circumstance why these staff aren't working, but if this is their break time, they shouldn't be standing inside the restaurant. Anyway, beside the service, food has been as usual - they definitely has the best Xiao Long Bao
31 Dec 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Inefficient service

22 Nov 2014 • 19 reviews • 0 follower

I'm a great fan of Din Tai Fung

The title says it all. If you're looking for affordable chinese food, you should try out this Restaurant. You won't be disappointed! For more details and pictures on dining at Din Tai Fung, visit http://doriateo.blogspot.sg/2014/11/our-regular-orders-at-din-tai-fung.html.

I always start with their oriental salad in vinegar ($4). It's an interesting and crunchy salad, though i don't think this would suit everyone. It's a little on the spicy side as well but definitely a very refreshing salad and good appetiser.

I'm also a fan of their buns. I like their steamed vegetable pork bun and steamed pork bun and steamed chilli crab bun. Out of all their buns, i think a must try would be their chilli crab bun which costs $5.30 for 3.

Their steamed pork dumpling ($9.80 for 10) is a must try as well as their famous for it. These dumplings contain a very tasty soup so be careful while you eat it!

As for staples, do try their fried rice ($7)! It has a nice buttery flavour to it and they are pretty generous with their fried egg!
14 Sep 2014 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

1 of the few places in SG you'll want to return to

I am not sure why Singapore is known as a foodie place. I don't mean the lack of Michelin stars, more the lack of fresh ingredients and good customer service across the (price) board. So I think the reputation is based on quantity (and variety) of restaurants here, rather than their quality. But luckily, Din Tai Fung has it all - great food, fast service, reasonable prices, and a lively atmosphere. Only problem is the crowds, but then that also tells you something.