Ala Carte3 votes

Weekday Express Set Lunch. Other deals are available, find out more

Bernard Sia
 • 02 Oct 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
The pasta and ravioli are fantastic. The tiramisu is a must try. Excellent stuff. Highly recommended.

howinston
 • 29 Sep 2014 115 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Ever since I know about this restaurant, I have been back several times with my family, friends and colleagues. Those I have brought to dine here have also been back on their own many times.

What I like about this place is the laid-back ambience, good food and good service.

I was here last Saturday, on the first day that the restuarant opened after the restaurant was closed for several days. Couldn't wait any longer to get my craving satisfied.

As it was the first day of operations, I enquired about their pizza dough, which is rested for 24 hours before being used to make pizza. I had thought it was not available. The manager replied that the chef came back to the restaurant to make it, so that customers will be able to enjoy the pizza on their first day of operations. Wow. That's dedication on the chef's part!

There were a few new items on the menu and I went for 2 of them:
- Bianca Pizza: This is my regular order at this restaurant. It has mozarella, smoked bacon, basil and black truffle cream. Absolutely divine, when the plate hits the table ad the whiff of truffle cream hits your nose. A must-order.
- Linguine Boscaiola: On the menu, it was meant to be penne, but we requested for linguine, as we had kids and they preferred linguine. Good that the restaurants do accede to special requests. This was served with aged cooked ham, prataioli mushrooms in a cream and tomato sauce. I liked the sauce very much, as it was a mix of tomato and cream sauce, ideal for people who wants both!
- Raviolacci: Ravioli with Porcini Mushgrooms and served with butter, sage, parmesan cheese and white truffle oil. Sauce looked like melted butter, but it was well seasoned with the cheese and truffle oil. They also have another ravioli dish, which comes in a creamy sauce and bacon that I will order next time.

The food quality here is good, and will continue to be on my list of recommendations to people who are looking for good Italian places to dine.

Do make reservations when you head down, as they can be busy on certain days.

Must tries: Linguine Boscaiola, Raviolacci - Ravioli with Porcini Mushgrooms, Bianca Pizza

Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Children/Family, Dinner, Hidden Find, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch, Take Away
  • Raviolacci - Ravioli with Porcini Mushgrooms
  • Linguine Boscaiola
  • Bianca Pizza

Wenamaroo
 • 28 Sep 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Having travelled and eaten extensively in Italy, I can vouch for the authenticity of the food here. Our first visit was in May soon after the restaurant had opened, and it was for my birthday. The staff were delightful and provided me with a little brithday cake! We have only just returned again this weekend and the quality of the food has only improved. The pizzas (which the chef admitted back in May were not quite right yet) look like they are on the money, and we can't wait to go back and try them. Last night we had pasta and gnocchi dishes which were heavenly and of a quality and authenticity I have not tasted since arrving in Singapore. The staff are attentive and friendly, and the reasonable corkage charge of $20 means that if, like us, you are fussy about your wines, it is an affordable option to bring your own to compliement this foodie treat. The ONLY thing I would suggest could benefit from attention is the decor: it is a little austere, with not enough pictures or warm enough lighting to make it feel more like a cozy restaurant rather than a cafe.

Must tries: eggplant parmigiana