Ever since I know about this restaurant, I have been back several times with my family, friends and colleagues. Those I have brought to dine here have also been back on their own many times. Read MoreHide
What I like about this place is the laid-back ambience, good food and good service.
I was here last Saturday, on the first day that the restuarant opened after the restaurant was closed for several days. Couldn't wait any longer to get my craving satisfied.
As it was the first day of operations, I enquired about their pizza dough, which is rested for 24 hours before being used to make pizza. I had thought it was not available. The manager replied that the chef came back to the restaurant to make it, so that customers will be able to enjoy the pizza on their first day of operations. Wow. That's dedication on the chef's part!
There were a few new items on the menu and I went for 2 of them:
- Bianca Pizza: This is my regular order at this restaurant. It has mozarella, smoked bacon, basil and black truffle cream. Absolutely divine, when the plate hits the table ad the whiff of truffle cream hits your nose. A must-order.
- Linguine Boscaiola: On the menu, it was meant to be penne, but we requested for linguine, as we had kids and they preferred linguine. Good that the restaurants do accede to special requests. This was served with aged cooked ham, prataioli mushrooms in a cream and tomato sauce. I liked the sauce very much, as it was a mix of tomato and cream sauce, ideal for people who wants both!
- Raviolacci: Ravioli with Porcini Mushgrooms and served with butter, sage, parmesan cheese and white truffle oil. Sauce looked like melted butter, but it was well seasoned with the cheese and truffle oil. They also have another ravioli dish, which comes in a creamy sauce and bacon that I will order next time.
The food quality here is good, and will continue to be on my list of recommendations to people who are looking for good Italian places to dine.
Do make reservations when you head down, as they can be busy on certain days.
I spent $18 per person.
Must tries: Linguine Boscaiola, Raviolacci - Ravioli with Porcini Mushgrooms, Pizza: Bianca (Truffle cream, smoked mozzarella, smoked bacon and basil)
- I also recommend this place for:
- Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Children/Family, Dinner, Hidden Find, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch, Take Away
I added 3 photos
1 people found this review helpful
Was it helpful to you?