Don Antonio Pizza Bar has closed.

Reviews for (Closed) Don Antonio Pizza Bar

4.6

EuropeanItalianPizzaWestern
Address: 2 Jalan Klapa, 199314
07 May 2015
Overall

Good Pizza and Pasta – A Great Meal!

This is one of my kids’ favourite restaurants and we popped by on a lazy Sunday for lunch.

We were early and chose our seat near the window. We promptly ordered the kids’ favorite pizza - Bianca Pizza

We also ordered a pasta, which was ‘Round disc-shaped’ pasta which came with Bolognese sauce and halved tomato and topped with cheese flakes. The pasta was al dente and was yummy!

All of us were happy with our meal and we had a good time chatting with the chef and lady owner of the restaurant.

A cosy place for good food and to relax.

Pizza: Bianca (Truffle cream, smoked mozzarella, smoked bacon and basil), ‘Round disc-shaped’ pasta which came with Bolognese sauce and halved tomato and topped with cheese f

More reviews of Don Antonio Pizza Bar

Excellent food

The pasta and ravioli are fantastic. The tiramisu is a must try. Excellent stuff. Highly recommended.

My Regular Place for Good Italian Food

Ever since I know about this restaurant, I have been back several times with my family, friends and colleagues. Those I have brought to dine here have also been back on their own many times.

What I like about this place is the laid-back ambience, good food and good service.

I was here last Saturday, on the first day that the restuarant opened after the restaurant was closed for several days. Couldn't wait any longer to get my craving satisfied.

As it was the first day of operations, I enquired about their pizza dough, which is rested for 24 hours before being used to make pizza. I had thought it was not available. The manager replied that the chef came back to the restaurant to make it, so that customers will be able to enjoy the pizza on their first day of operations. Wow. That's dedication on the chef's part!

There were a few new items on the menu and I went for 2 of them:
- Bianca Pizza: This is my regular order at this restaurant. It has mozarella, smoked bacon, basil and black truffle cream. Absolutely divine, when the plate hits the table ad the whiff of truffle cream hits your nose. A must-order.
- Linguine Boscaiola: On the menu, it was meant to be penne, but we requested for linguine, as we had kids and they preferred linguine. Good that the restaurants do accede to special requests. This was served with aged cooked ham, prataioli mushrooms in a cream and tomato sauce. I liked the sauce very much, as it was a mix of tomato and cream sauce, ideal for people who wants both!
- Raviolacci: Ravioli with Porcini Mushgrooms and served with butter, sage, parmesan cheese and white truffle oil. Sauce looked like melted butter, but it was well seasoned with the cheese and truffle oil. They also have another ravioli dish, which comes in a creamy sauce and bacon that I will order next time.

The food quality here is good, and will continue to be on my list of recommendations to people who are looking for good Italian places to dine.

Do make reservations when you head down, as they can be busy on certain days.

authentic and delicious

Having travelled and eaten extensively in Italy, I can vouch for the authenticity of the food here. Our first visit was in May soon after the restaurant had opened, and it was for my birthday. The staff were delightful and provided me with a little brithday cake! We have only just returned again this weekend and the quality of the food has only improved. The pizzas (which the chef admitted back in May were not quite right yet) look like they are on the money, and we can't wait to go back and try them. Last night we had pasta and gnocchi dishes which were heavenly and of a quality and authenticity I have not tasted since arrving in Singapore. The staff are attentive and friendly, and the reasonable corkage charge of $20 means that if, like us, you are fussy about your wines, it is an affordable option to bring your own to compliement this foodie treat. The ONLY thing I would suggest could benefit from attention is the decor: it is a little austere, with not enough pictures or warm enough lighting to make it feel more like a cozy restaurant rather than a cafe.

charming Italian trattoria

Book a table at this cosy spot on Jalan Klapa for some well executed Italian fare. @donantoniosg. Excellent pizza from dough that is first prepared, then left to rise for three hours and then refrigerated for 24hrs before use. Resulting in a light, crisp base. We loved the raviolacci (porcini filled ravioli in a sauce of butter and fresh sage) and the simple eggplant parmigiana. Book a table here http://bit.ly/1yFxBj3 #hotnewrestaurants