Don Antonio Pizza Bar has closed.

Summary

Food/Drink4
Pasta with spicy sausage and porcini mushroom in a cream sauce, Pizza: Bianca (Truffle cream, smoked mozzarella, smoked bacon and basil), Chocolate Hazelnut pie with ice cream, Linguine Boscaiola, Oven-baked Lasagna with stewed pork shoulder, Pizza: Bianca (Truffle cream, Raviolacci - Ravioli with Porcini Mushgrooms, Specials of the week, Tiramisu, Weekly Special - Pasta with pork stew, eggplant parmigiana, raviolacci, smoked bacon and basil), smoked mozzarella, ‘Round disc-shaped’ pasta which came with Bolognese sauce and halved tomato and topped with cheese f View all
Ala Carte, Children/Family, Dinner, Hidden Find, Lunch View all

charming Italian trattoria

Book a table at this cosy spot on Jalan Klapa for some well executed Italian fare. @donantoniosg. Excellent pizza from dough that is first prepared, then left to rise for three hours and then refrigerated for 24hrs before use. Resulting in a light, crisp base. We loved the raviolacci (porcini filled ravioli in a sauce of butter and fresh sage) and the simple eggplant parmigiana. Book a table here http://bit.ly/1yFxBj3 #hotnewrestaurants

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Don Antonio Pizza Bar

My second visit in 2 weeks!

I have been thinking of this restaurant a lot, ever since I first went there 2 weeks ago.

Recently I learnt that the chef has worked in various well-known Italian establishments in Singapore.

I proposed to my colleagues and managed to convince them to make the trip to have lunch here. Throughout the journey from our office to the restaurant, they were mentioning how hungry they were. I hoped they will not be disappointed with my recommendation.

The restaurant was filled with 2 big groups of customers. A good crowd for a mid-week lunch.

The restaurant has increased their offerings since a week ago and offered Appetisers, more Pasta and Pizza items on their ala-carte menu. For a quick lunch, they also have Panini bread with a variety of fillings on offer.

Here are the dishes we ordered:

- Rigatoni Salsiccia E Porcini (Italian spicy pork sausage  with porcini mushrooms, cream and Parmesan Cheese): I ordered this before. Still as good and we all loved it. I was scraping the last drips of sauce from the plate with my pizza slice and the manager commented I was eating like an Italian!

- Pizza: Bianca (Truffle cream, smoked mozzarella, smoked bacon and basil): Wow! This was excellent. Bacon and cheese topped with truffle cream on a pizza. Heavenly. I commented that this could be my last meal and I would be a happy man. (Serious!). I learnt from the chef that he prepares the dough, leave it to rise for 3 hours before chilling it in the fridge for 24 hours before using it the next day. How's that for preparation! The pizza dough had a very good texture to it, much unlike any pizza that I have eaten in Singapore.

- Eggplant Parmigiana (Baked eggplant layers with Mozzarella, tomato sauce and Basil): This was 20 minute wait, so you know this is prepared from scratch.

- Oven-baked Lasagna with stewed pork shoulder: I tried the 'pork shoulder stew' pasta the last time I came. I preferred that version to this, as it allowed me to taste the sweet juice of the stew.

- Tiramisu: This is one of the more unique Tiramisu that I have eaten. The slice of tiramisu was topped with a scoop of 'frozen cream' and mayonnaise. My lunch kakis and I all loved this.

- Chocolate Hazelnut pie with ice cream: The pie was delicious. The chocolate part had a unique bite to it (hard to describe in words). You have to try it.

I always ask my lunch partners what they think of the restaurant after my introduction. They agreed in unison that the food is good and we will be back again.

Go try this restaurant, when you have a craving for Italian food.

My Regular Place for Good Italian Food

Ever since I know about this restaurant, I have been back several times with my family, friends and colleagues. Those I have brought to dine here have also been back on their own many times.

What I like about this place is the laid-back ambience, good food and good service.

I was here last Saturday, on the first day that the restuarant opened after the restaurant was closed for several days. Couldn't wait any longer to get my craving satisfied.

As it was the first day of operations, I enquired about their pizza dough, which is rested for 24 hours before being used to make pizza. I had thought it was not available. The manager replied that the chef came back to the restaurant to make it, so that customers will be able to enjoy the pizza on their first day of operations. Wow. That's dedication on the chef's part!

There were a few new items on the menu and I went for 2 of them:
- Bianca Pizza: This is my regular order at this restaurant. It has mozarella, smoked bacon, basil and black truffle cream. Absolutely divine, when the plate hits the table ad the whiff of truffle cream hits your nose. A must-order.
- Linguine Boscaiola: On the menu, it was meant to be penne, but we requested for linguine, as we had kids and they preferred linguine. Good that the restaurants do accede to special requests. This was served with aged cooked ham, prataioli mushrooms in a cream and tomato sauce. I liked the sauce very much, as it was a mix of tomato and cream sauce, ideal for people who wants both!
- Raviolacci: Ravioli with Porcini Mushgrooms and served with butter, sage, parmesan cheese and white truffle oil. Sauce looked like melted butter, but it was well seasoned with the cheese and truffle oil. They also have another ravioli dish, which comes in a creamy sauce and bacon that I will order next time.

The food quality here is good, and will continue to be on my list of recommendations to people who are looking for good Italian places to dine.

Do make reservations when you head down, as they can be busy on certain days.

Great Italian Food & A Hidden Find!

At Jalan Klapa, near Jalan Sultan/ Beach Road, you can find many popular Nasi Padang stalls, which I go to, when I have a craving for Nasi Padang.

On a recent visit to the area, I discovered this new Italian restaurant that just opened 2 weeks ago. I popped in last week to try out their food.

The Manager was very friendly and explained that they are just running in their operations and their current menu is limited to some pizza and some pasta items. There are also 2 weekly specials that were available that day.

We decided to go with an item from their ala carte menu and a weekly special:
- Pasta with spicy sausage and porcini mushroom in a cream sauce: This was very nice. My lunch partner who doesn't usually like cream-based pasta loved it and the dish was done beautifully. The sausage was milldly spicy and all the ingredients came together well.
- Weekly Special - Pasta with pork stew: This was a good choice. The chef cooked the pork stew over a slow fire and the dish was flavourful. Pasta was also al-dente, with 'ridges' that allowed the sauce to 'cling' to the pasta.

The quality of the food shows and we left the restaurant very satisfied with the meal.

I will be back soon, when the full menu is up and try the other items.

A must-try!

Good Pizza and Pasta – A Great Meal!

This is one of my kids’ favourite restaurants and we popped by on a lazy Sunday for lunch.

We were early and chose our seat near the window. We promptly ordered the kids’ favorite pizza - Bianca Pizza

We also ordered a pasta, which was ‘Round disc-shaped’ pasta which came with Bolognese sauce and halved tomato and topped with cheese flakes. The pasta was al dente and was yummy!

All of us were happy with our meal and we had a good time chatting with the chef and lady owner of the restaurant.

A cosy place for good food and to relax.

Excellent food

The pasta and ravioli are fantastic. The tiramisu is a must try. Excellent stuff. Highly recommended.