howinston
 • 29 May 2014 88 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I have been thinking of this restaurant a lot, ever since I first went there 2 weeks ago.

Recently I learnt that the chef has worked in various well-known Italian establishments in Singapore.

I proposed to my colleagues and managed to convince them to make the trip to have lunch here. Throughout the journey from our office to the restaurant, they were mentioning how hungry they were. I hoped they will not be disappointed with my recommendation.
The restaurant was filled with 2 big groups of customers. A good crowd for a mid-week lunch.

The restaurant has increased their offerings since a week ago and offered Appetisers, more Pasta and Pizza items on their ala-carte menu. For a quick lunch, they also have Panini bread with a variety of fillings on offer.

Here are the dishes we ordered:
- Rigatoni Salsiccia E Porcini (Italian spicy pork sausage  with porcini mushrooms, cream and Parmesan Cheese): I ordered this before. Still as good and we all loved it. I was scraping the last drips of sauce from the plate with my pizza slice and the manager commented I was eating like an Italian!
- Pizza: Bianca (Truffle cream, smoked mozzarella, smoked bacon and basil): Wow! This was excellent. Bacon and cheese topped with truffle cream on a pizza. Heavenly. I commented that this could be my last meal and I would be a happy man. (Serious!). I learnt from the chef that he prepares the dough, leave it to rise for 3 hours before chilling it in the fridge for 24 hours before using it the next day. How's that for preparation! The pizza dough had a very good texture to it, much unlike any pizza that I have eaten in Singapore.
- Eggplant Parmigiana (Baked eggplant layers with Mozzarella, tomato sauce and Basil): This was 20 minute wait, so you know this is prepared from scratch.
- Oven-baked Lasagna with stewed pork shoulder: I tried the 'pork shoulder stew' pasta the last time I came. I preferred that version to this, as it allowed me to taste the sweet juice of the stew.
- Tiramisu: This is one of the more unique Tiramisu that I have eaten. The slice of tiramisu was topped with a scoop of 'frozen cream' and mayonnaise. My lunch kakis and I all loved this.
- Chocolate Hazelnut pie with ice cream: The pie was delicious. The chocolate part had a unique bite to it (hard to describe in words). You have to try it.

I always ask my lunch partners what they think of the restaurant after my introduction. They agreed in unison that the food is good and we will be back again.

Go try this restaurant, when you have a craving for Italian food.

Must tries: Pizza: Bianca (Truffle cream, smoked mozzarella, smoked bacon and basil), Chocolate Hazelnut pie with ice cream, Tiramisu, Oven-baked Lasagna with stewed pork shoulder

Ala Carte, Children/Family, Dinner, Hidden Find, Lunch