howinston
 • 22 May 2014 152 reviews 2 followers
Overall
At Jalan Klapa, near Jalan Sultan/ Beach Road, you can find many popular Nasi Padang stalls, which I go to, when I have a craving for Nasi Padang.

On a recent visit to the area, I discovered this new Italian restaurant that just opened 2 weeks ago. I popped in last week to try out their food.

The Manager was very friendly and explained that they are just running in their operations and their current menu is limited to some pizza and some pasta items. There are also 2 weekly specials that were available that day.

We decided to go with an item from their ala carte menu and a weekly special:
- Pasta with spicy sausage and porcini mushroom in a cream sauce: This was very nice. My lunch partner who doesn't usually like cream-based pasta loved it and the dish was done beautifully. The sausage was milldly spicy and all the ingredients came together well.
- Weekly Special - Pasta with pork stew: This was a good choice. The chef cooked the pork stew over a slow fire and the dish was flavourful. Pasta was also al-dente, with 'ridges' that allowed the sauce to 'cling' to the pasta.

The quality of the food shows and we left the restaurant very satisfied with the meal.

I will be back soon, when the full menu is up and try the other items.

A must-try!

Must tries: Specials of the week, Pasta with spicy sausage and porcini mushroom in a cream sauce, Pasta with spicy sausage and porcini mushroom in a cream sauce, Weekly Special - Pasta with pork stew

Ala Carte, Children/Family, Dinner, Hidden Find, Lunch