Dozo Restaurant has closed.

Reviews for (Closed) Dozo Restaurant

4.1

AsianEuropeanFrenchFusionJapaneseWestern
Address: #02-02/03, Valley Point Shopping Centre, 491 River Valley Road, 248371
13 Feb 2014
Overall

Excellent venue for family celebration

Went to celebrate my mum's birthday. Food was fantastic, and the portion just nice for us. And was given complimentary birthday cake!! You may want to look out for credit cards offer deal before making your reservation.
beef tenderloin on puye granite hot stone, escargots, foie gras, mushroom truffle soup, sashimi platter, chocolate lava cake, fruity refresher

More reviews of Dozo Restaurant

a pleasant surprise!

I love japanese food
But usually am very lazy to write reviews
But this place is much more affordable than so many other japanese places & the food is just out of this world amazing! With gd ambience & service. Was very pleasantly surprised. I'm definitely recommending this place & coming back.

My family and I ate the 7 course dinner at $59.80/pax tonight (9feb Sunday 8-10pm). 6 of us.

I saw cheaper 6 course lunch option so will come back to try that ♡

My mom was the one who recommended us this place. We tried almost everything that night. So much to recommend really gd. I love the freshness of all the fish mainly. Beautiful.

Well done, Dozo.
I was definitely impressed.
Down from the ambience to the food display to the of course taste of the lovely courses.
Thankyou.

Excellent service - Denis really outdid himself

Booked for my wife's birthday celebration. The service was excellent. The food was a journey into deliciousness. We didn't ask for but got a private room. Staff were courteous and the host serving us was witty, charming and entertaining. Denis, you made our experience awesome. Thank you!

The ambience gets 3 stars only because wear and tear is quite apparent, but the place is kept clean.

Excellent service - Denis really outdid himself

Fine Dining Wannabe, definitely NOT worth the price

I have done a couple of fine dining to understand what it should be and Dozo is a total disappointment! While Dozo tries to emulate as fine dining establishment, it falls short in every aspect.

The decoration was shabby, chair was thinly cushioned/uncomfortable, interior is too dim (till the point I feel lilke it's to hide the shabbiness), the food served is like a fast food joint (pre-prepared) and the place stank of kitchen fumes.

The only saving grace was the service however it is still a far cry from fine dining as the staff is overly enthusiatic and into your face till the extent that we can't relax during the whole dinner experience.

In my view, the only area Dozo is akin to fine dining would be its pricing. But with what they are offering, you would be better off spending abit more in a real fine dining restaurant.