Reviews for Dragon Phoenix Restaurant (Novotel Clarke Quay)

AsianCantoneseChinese
Oblivious Bunny

Value for money dim sum with 50% off promotion

I have to applaud the efficiency of the restaurant as they serve up food really fast! I barely munched 2 peanuts before the first item from our order was delivered.

From the dim sum menu, the Century Egg Congee ($5) was thinner than what I expected for a congee, but what it lacked in texture was made up by its taste. The congee was sweetened by the generous portions of ingredients like chicken shreds, fried wanton skins and of course chopped century egg.

The Char-Siew Buns ($4.20) are considerably good as well. The dough skin is cottony soft.

If there's a must try item, it would be the steamed rice rolls. The rice roll skin is silky smooth and simply slips down the throat yet it is still firm enough to be lifted with chopsticks. The shrimps in the Shrimp Rice Rolls ($5.20) were fresh, pink and bouncy. As for the Char Siew rice rolls ($4.80), they were delicious with the sweet, salty hoisin sauce and bits of barbequed pork between the rice roll sheets.

Dragon Phoenix Restaurant is definitely in my list of the restaurants that I would visit again for good quality dim sum at value-for-money prices. The restaurant offers 50% off the dim sum menu for lunch.

For full review and pics, visit http://www.bunnysays.com/2013/05/dim-sum-lunch-dragon-phoenix-restaurant.html

29 Jan 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Regrettable experience for 2014 CNY family dinner

Went down to Dragon Phoenix Restaurant for CNY family dinner 3 nights before CNY, because the last 2 nights were already fully booked. We ordered the CNY set meal for 6 ($318++ but ended up close to $400) even though we had 7 people, which included:

1. Original Yusheng
2. Shark fin soup
3. Spring chicken
4. Poached live prawns
5. Deep-fried fish
6. Noodles
7. Red bean soup

Yusheng:
Slightly turned off by how the waiter prepared the Yusheng, which made the dish appear unappetizing. Extremely little fish given. Too much salt and pepper for the average human.

Shark fin Soup:
No observable quality
19 May 2013 • 68 reviews • 0 follower

Value for money dim sum with 50% off promotion

If there's a must try item, it would be the steamed
Chee Cheong Fun with Prawns
30 Aug 2011 • 279 reviews • 44 followers

Good Dim Sum~

Located on the side of the walkway leading to the swimming pool, this restaurant was on the 6th storey of Novotel Hotel at Clarke Quay.

Came here for Dim Sum lunch with my friend today. It has been more than 10 years since I last visited here in 2000 when one of my suppliers brought me here for lunch. The restaurant serves ala carte dim sum from 10.30am to 2.30pm (not the buffet style and each item is charged at different prices).

Upon arriving, we were ushered to our seats as we have made an advance reservation. The ambience of the restaurant was almost similar to that 10 years ago except that