Review for Earle Swensen's (VivoCity)

2.8

AmericanDessertsFusionHalalWestern
Address: #02-117, VivoCity, 1 HarbourFront Walk, 098585
20 Mar 2014
Overall

A very complete salad bar!

I like coming here for the salad bar and to enjoy the great view. It's a little pricey but they often run weekday lunch promotions which include the free flow salad bar and a scoop of ice cream. It's also a great way for me to redeem my Linkpoints vouchers. For photos, please visit my blog: http://frugalinsingapore.com/budget-friendly-buffets-in-singapore-part-2-indian-korean-western-cuisine/

More reviews of Earle Swensen's

fav hunt

swensen has always been my favorite hunt. my husband, my son and myself are members of swensens. the must order food for me will always be crayfish pasta. today we ordered this teriyaki cod fish aa additional food and this caught us by surprise! the sauce is just nice, not too salty. the fish is very fresh and tender! my kids love it and finished every single bit of it. the staffs there are very.friendly and I will.definitely bring.my kids back.to this outlet again!
Overall

Earle Swensens coz it has got the shortest queue.

Dinner time is always crazy at Vivo City. From the parking lot to the cafes and restaurants. Was extremely hungry and settled for restaurant with the shortest queue - Swensens,. Or in this case the more atas swensens. Got a seat after 20 minutes queue and got a table for 2 in the middle of the restaurant. didn't like it but we got no choice as the restaurant is already so full. One redeeming thing was that, all mains came with free buffet salad which was a plus point to me. They had decent array of salads and fruits. I chose chicken meat as my main course, namely, Earle Poultry Combo (please refer to picture below) and was not disappointed. Taste okay for the price and it can be filling too. Good for one if you are hungry. One downer of an experience was that there were lack of service staff for weekend dinner. Ordering of food, getting the food, Getting the ice water refilled,. Payment.. It all. takes such a long time!

Bad Service, Food's Normal

Went to Earle Swensen's (Vivocity) a few days back, we waitied for our seats while waiting we order our main from the front. Soon we got a seat, drinks were served, salad bar looks pretty fine, started with salad, waited for our food. Soon we finished our salad, no one came to clear our plates, we waited for about 10 mins to get our plate cleared, at that point of time, there were about nine ground staff. Drinks were not being top up.

Mains were served, after finishing our main, we decided to have some fruits before leaving, so we stacked our plates, hoping someone would come and clear it for us so that we can have space for our salad plate, but none came. lastly, i rasied my hand, rasie for quite long, and a staff saw my hand when serving another table, i asked her if she could clear it for us, she replied with a impatient tone," hold on ar." Well I say ok, she walked off and she never came back.
Disappointment. Ground staffs and manager were not even carrying a smile.

Lastly, called for bill, the staff went to the wrong table, but at least he said sorry to us.

Might or might not visit this resturant again due to bad experience.
Overall

Bad experience with restaurant manager

We went to the Vivo City outlet for lunch to celebrate my daughter's birthday. While we were placing our order for 3 main courses and 1 salad for 4 of us, my daughter took out her half slice of cake from an earlier celebration. As the cake was melting, she decided to consume it from the plastic box in which it was contained with our own plastic cutlery. The assistant manager who was attending to us promptly advised us that no outside food was allowed. We explained that it was only half a slice of cake and she had to consume it as it was melting. Not wanting to upset our plans, we asked if it could be placed in the chiller with the plastic box. Despite our request, he insisted that we are not allowed to consume the cake. No explanationwas given even after he had consulted with the manager on duty. We had no choice then as he seemed to be more than eager to show us the way out of the restaurant.

While we understand that no outside food should be consumed within the premise, being one of Swenson’s premium outlets, we expected the staff to have a higher level of discretion given the situation. Even when we communicated our feedback to the manager on duty at the counter, she simply ignored us.

After this unpleasant experience, we have decided to stop patronizing Earle Swensons and possibly other Swensons outlet for now.

Incidentally, we had our lunch at Fish & Cole next door which we found to provide much better service and better vaue.