Alfresco/Outdoor Dining9 votes
People Watching8 votes

SMUProf
 • 16 Mar 2014 21 reviews 14 followers
Overall
We decided to head out. Calls to make reservations were not returned. When we showed up with two kids in tow, they told us there was no room. Fair enough - but we tried to called. Their answer - that they don't answer the phone because they don't have room - seemed to reveal that they are restaurant-oriented, not customer-oriented. Too bad.

pickledpeas
 • 27 Jan 2014 124 reviews 5 followers
Overall
To see the full review with pictures, go here.

Apparently El Patio has been around since 1985! The colorful signboard and fonts and our hot weather were all very good at creating the atmosphere.

We started with some tortilla chips with salsa and ordered a side of their queso con chile, a really tiny glass bowl of nacho cheese which you can get from Bel Monte Latin Supermarket. It was the perfect portion for two. Not hard to make either, if you just crack open a can of nacho cheese. I was expecting something more like Chili’s skillet queso.

Next up were the fajitas in soft tortillas. They are really stingy with the sour cream, salsa, and guacamole, like any Singaporean Mexican restaurant.

The fajita chicken was sizzling on the skillet and always makes everyone in the vicinity want to order the exact same thing. It smelt amazing and tasted amazing, although I would have liked more vegetables in it.

For some reason we decided to also order a side of their chicken wings. They have some fancy pants name in the menu which I forget but that managed to successfully tempt me to order them. These were really, really good. Even better than the Malay fried chicken wings across the road in the hawker centre!

I would definitely come back, but I want to try Cha Cha Cha first, which is 2 doors down. The only downside here is that they don’t seem to have any lunch specials, whereas other restaurants have been reacting to La Nonna’s 1-for-1 pizza or pasta with their own lunch deals! So the food here is a little pricey for Mexican food, I think we spent somewhere between $50-$60 for lunch.

CCccccc Tan
 • 15 Jan 2013 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
On 13th Jan 2013, late evening, My sis n her hubby were looking ard for nice place to chill & watch soccer after a heavy dinner.
They settled at El Patio & ordered drinks from the mgr.
The mgr told them that they had to order some food, appetizer or main. So they DESPITE being very full from dinner, ordered chicken wings.
After drinks were served, the mgr then tell them they had to order $15 per pax.
Only becoz the couple wanted to continue watching soccer & had started on their drinks & some nachos, they ordered more food.
After which they checked with another customer next them if they ordered $15 per pax, they were shocked to discover they did not ordered $15 per pax as claimed by the mgr.
what was shocking was the "terms & condition" of ordering $15 per pax was not highlighted on the menu, neither during the initial order.
My poor sis was forced into ordering so much food when she couldn't even finish the chicken wings she initially ordered.
This is unexpectable service in Singapore!