Seokyinnn
 • 15 Aug 2014 16 reviews 0 follower
Overall
A really awesome place to chillout with friends on a weekday! Blog includes more pictures of the ambience :)

Chillout, High Tea, Quiet

jiaksimipng
 • 30 Mar 2014 64 reviews 0 follower
Overall
A new addition to the hip Kampong Glam region, we actually had no idea of their existence until after walking past them while shopping at Haji Lane which got us excited and had our plans changed. Unlike the retro-looking cafes around the same area, Elffin & Elffin takes on a simple and minimalistic theme for their interior.

Four cakes were available when we visited, given our visit was during their soft launch. The owners recommended us to go for the Blueberry Cheesecake ($6.50) which was one of his favourites. The cheesecakes was smooth and did not feel too heavy, with the Blueberry compote from the top adding a degree of tartness to the cake. The base was also finely crumbed to ensure a smooth texture throughout the entire cake.

Since the two other cakes were also variations of Cheesecake, my dining partner and I also shared a Chocolate Fudge ($6.50), which had a thick chocolate ganache exterior and sticky interior.

We could not do without coffee when having cakes, so we got an Americano ($3.90) and a Flat White ($5.00). The Americano bore a moderate acidity to it, while the Flat White turned out a bit too creamy and milky. The blends used here are from Highlander Coffee, which is just located a street behind Elffin & Elffin.

Chillout, Hidden Find, High Tea, Nice Deco, People Watching, Quiet, Relaxed
  • Flat White & Blueberry Cheesecake
  • Americano
  • Chocolate Fudge

makanarts
 • 22 Jan 2014 74 reviews 0 follower
Overall
For the full review and more photos, please visit http://makanarts.com/2014/01/20/elffin-elffin-29-haji-lane/

While walking around Haji Lane, me and my friend found this new cafe that looks rather noticeable. We then found out it opened only yesterday and their official launch is on 14th February. Prior to that, they have catered cakes for the Singapore Subway Exhibition last month. Nonetheless, their cakes and drinks menu are up already!

The Americano ($3.50), brewed using the blend from Highlander Coffee, produces a slightly acidic taste which isn’t too overwhelming.

However, the Flat White ($5) didn’t really satisfy. Although the coffee taste is strong, the acidity of the coffee overpowered the taste of the milk added.

The Blueberry Cheesecake ($6.50) is rich in both flavour and taste. The cheese is indulging, and the layer of blueberry on top is great too.

The Chocolate Fudge Cake ($6.50) is great as well. Flavourful and chocolatey, it is also very firm.

If you are walking around Haji Lane, this is a great place to stop by and have a cup of coffee and cake. Do be here during their official launch on 14th February!