jiaksimipng
 • 30 Mar 2014 64 reviews 0 follower
Overall
A new addition to the hip Kampong Glam region, we actually had no idea of their existence until after walking past them while shopping at Haji Lane which got us excited and had our plans changed. Unlike the retro-looking cafes around the same area, Elffin & Elffin takes on a simple and minimalistic theme for their interior.

Four cakes were available when we visited, given our visit was during their soft launch. The owners recommended us to go for the Blueberry Cheesecake ($6.50) which was one of his favourites. The cheesecakes was smooth and did not feel too heavy, with the Blueberry compote from the top adding a degree of tartness to the cake. The base was also finely crumbed to ensure a smooth texture throughout the entire cake.

Since the two other cakes were also variations of Cheesecake, my dining partner and I also shared a Chocolate Fudge ($6.50), which had a thick chocolate ganache exterior and sticky interior.

We could not do without coffee when having cakes, so we got an Americano ($3.90) and a Flat White ($5.00). The Americano bore a moderate acidity to it, while the Flat White turned out a bit too creamy and milky. The blends used here are from Highlander Coffee, which is just located a street behind Elffin & Elffin.

Chillout, Hidden Find, High Tea, Nice Deco, People Watching, Quiet, Relaxed