Reviews for Ellenborough Market Café

AsianChineseInternationalNonyaNonya / PeranakanPeranakan
Address: Level 1, Swissotel Merchant Court, 20 Merchant Road, 058281

I came here with friends one Saturday night. The three main course dishes were Ameijoas ‘a Portugalia (clams in white wine, onion, garlic and capsicum). At about $36 the dish wasn’t cheap but it was really tasty and well portioned. The second dish was Bacalhau ‘a Bras (salted codfish scrambled with egg, potatoes, and onion topped with olives). Again, the $28 isn’t cheap, but it was really beautiful to eat and nicely portioned. The third and final dish was Frango de Churrasco (Charcoal Chicken marinated and barbecued, over the open charcoal fire with Piri-Piri. Yum, yum. We sipped our way through a bottle of white we brought along which attracted a small charge. All the food was really delicious although at about $100 it was fairly pricey (although my generous friend shouted the meal). Still, eating in Sydney is expensive and restaurants have large overheads. The service was helpful without being overbearing. I would like to come here again.
• 04 May 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Overall
Food was disgusting. Slow cooked lamb was so bad I wasn't game to swallow some bits for fear it was off. Overpriced and very poor quality. Don't bother.
• 18 Apr 2014 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Overall
We dined in recently and the food is extremely overpriced for the poor quality of the food presented. We ordered the chicken burger and the seafood skewers. The burger was very average for the price and the seafood skewers were inedible (prawns tasted like plastic and scallops were like rubber). There were only two skewers for $32, not that it mattered because we could not eat them anyway. No one checked on us, considering there was no one in the restaurant. Staff were half asleep and wearing flip flops. This is unacceptable for the way the food is priced. We complained but were brushed off. We will never return and not recommend it to anybody.
• 08 Feb 2014 • 46 reviews • 0 follower