Back to En Japanese Dining Bar#01-57, UE Square, 207 River Valley...

Hoongy !
 • 25 Feb 2013 1726 reviews 244 followers
Overall
Looking for a place to have a Japanese dinner, I decided to pay a visit to En Japanese Dining Bar at UE Square.

To start, we had the Sashimi Moriwase ($38.80) which consisted of red snapper, salmon, tuna, yellowtail and octopus. Three slices of it. What was amazing was that I found out at the end of the meal that we had a 50% off that dish.

From the grill menu I tried the Wafu Steak ($17.50). Unfortunately I found the meat to be too chewy. I also tried the Tsukune ($9). The chicken balls were huge tasted quite "beefy" if you ask  me - too thick.

The carbo dishes though were quite good. The Wafu Spaghetti ($12.80) was a huge portion of cod roe spaghetti - quite creamy. The Garlic Fried Rice ($10.80) is really big and has a good level of "wok hei".

Overall, while food has its ups and downs, the service unfortunately did not make the mark. The (limited English speaking) waitress got my orders wrong - with orders like the steak and the ice lemon tea not recorded. That unfortunately marred the otherwise so-so dining experience.

Must tries: Garlic Fried Rice

dannielle
 • 03 Jan 2013 28 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Great Service; the servers gave great attention to details such as clear dishes, refill water, order etc.  The food was much better the last i visited especially for the BBQ stuff we ordered.

Must tries: variety bbq skewers

After Work, Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Anniversary, BBQ, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Brunch, Business Dining, Chillout, Dinner, Girls Night Out, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch, Nice Deco, Night Out, Relaxed, Supper

chummycheryl
 • 12 Jan 2010 884 reviews 2 followers
Overall
This cosy japanese pub is a favourite with many Japanese expatriates and a terrific testament to their food and drinks. Do order the wafu steak, cubed sirloin steak with their special soya sauce. A real treat for under 20 bucks! Make a point to come in after 8pm and lap up a lively atmosphere that almost feels like you are in Japan.