Back to En Japanese Dining Bar#01-57, UE Square, 207 River Valley...

Kbombgoh
 • 13 Jun 2014 12 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Table allocation experience was not good even though we had a booking. Service was not excellent but not totally terrible.

More importantly we felt that the sashimi slices are not as tasty as before. It tastes ordinary now compared to our previous experience here. The sashimi at Sakuraya Fish Market is just as nice but at cheaper prices, despite En Dining's 50% discount from 6-8pm. The slices are significantly thinner and therefore the pieces are not longer succulent. The sashimi at Megumi Japanese restaurant along Siglap offers much thicker slices. and chikuwai tei right opposite this restaurant has better sashimi slices in its popular chirashi Don.

Overall a big disappointment and we won't bother to come here for the 50% discount anymore. Nothing special.

Hoongy !
 • 25 Feb 2013 1833 reviews 253 followers
Overall
Looking for a place to have a Japanese dinner, I decided to pay a visit to En Japanese Dining Bar at UE Square.

To start, we had the Sashimi Moriwase ($38.80) which consisted of red snapper, salmon, tuna, yellowtail and octopus. Three slices of it. What was amazing was that I found out at the end of the meal that we had a 50% off that dish.

From the grill menu I tried the Wafu Steak ($17.50). Unfortunately I found the meat to be too chewy. I also tried the Tsukune ($9). The chicken balls were huge tasted quite "beefy" if you ask  me - too thick.

The carbo dishes though were quite good. The Wafu Spaghetti ($12.80) was a huge portion of cod roe spaghetti - quite creamy. The Garlic Fried Rice ($10.80) is really big and has a good level of "wok hei".

Overall, while food has its ups and downs, the service unfortunately did not make the mark. The (limited English speaking) waitress got my orders wrong - with orders like the steak and the ice lemon tea not recorded. That unfortunately marred the otherwise so-so dining experience.

Must tries: Garlic Fried Rice

dannielle
 • 03 Jan 2013 28 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Great Service; the servers gave great attention to details such as clear dishes, refill water, order etc.  The food was much better the last i visited especially for the BBQ stuff we ordered.

Must tries: variety bbq skewers

After Work, Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Anniversary, BBQ, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Brunch, Business Dining, Chillout, Dinner, Girls Night Out, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch, Nice Deco, Night Out, Relaxed, Supper