Back to Epicurious#01-02, The Quayside, 60 Robertson Quay

Business Breakfast3 votes

jenishungry
 • 12 Feb 2014 14 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Went there with a friend on a weekend evening. We had high hopes for its namesake but were sorely dissapointed at the standard of the food.

Beefstew
Meat was very tender and well-seasoned but i could count the little chunks of meat served on one hand :/ The stew was nothing special. The two little thin slices of toasts that came with the stew saved the dish; crisp, flavorful and light.

Red velvet cake
Over-hyped, WAY too sweet.

Service was good though, seeing that we were sharing the dish, the restaurant manager took the initiative to offer us extra plates.
Ambience was very european-like, great for a candlelight dinner by the Singapore river and people-watching.

After Work, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Chillout, Dinner, Hidden Find, Nice Deco, Night Out, People Watching, Quiet, Relaxed, Romance/First Dates, View/Scenery, Waterfront

dianecc
 • 26 Aug 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
My friends and i ate here for lunch. My friend was told by the staff we would have to give up the table at 115pm to give way to other people. That was ok with us so we ordered in 2 batches as people joined us. We waited for 30 mins for the first set of food. Then 50 mins or so for the 2nd set of food. By that time it wAs close to 140pm. The manager came over and rudely spoke to my friend saying we are staying too long and we should vacate the table soon. Half of us were still eating due to their very slow service. After a while, the service staff tried to clear the table even when one friend was still eating.

It would have been tolerable if the lady manager came over and spoke in a gentle manner instead of being very rude despite their slow service. It was completely embarrassing and u called for.

I would have loved to go back because the french toast and egg burrito was great. But after that encounter - i will never set foot in that place again.

perthite
 • 11 Jul 2013 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
No Idea why this place is rating so low.
In a tourist trap area where service is patchy and it's easy to be ripped off this is a gem.

Food takea a while to come but worth the wait. Home cooked and flvourful, served by staff who care about what they are doing.
I think it's family run.
We paid $88 for 4 mains and 2 desserts. All of which were amazing and freshly cooked. Worth the wait.