Back to Epicurious#01-02, The Quayside, 60 Robertson Quay

Business Breakfast3 votes

Ashster
 • 06 Oct 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Was with pregnant wife and baby - we were initially seated far away from the main tables with no space for a high chair and no fan nearby. Asked for a table change. I saw 3 tables being given away to customers who'd arrived after us so I asked again when I saw another table open up. I was offered a table for 2 with no space for a high chair and was told if I didn't like it, too bad. Finally, we decided to move ourselves to another table. I had to carry the baby-chair over while holding my baby, while 5 wait-staff just stood around watching us, not offering to help at all. The run of the mill food is simply not worth putting up with the awful service.

Arif Bamadhaj
 • 15 Jun 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Family and I requested a change of table with a wait staff. She said no problem. As we shifted, the owner/manager exclaimed at us 'OI! OI! OI! Did you tell someone you wanted this table!?' Naturally, we replied yes and told her which wait staff we informed. Then, without an apology and what not, she simply turned to a Caucasian family and treated them with the best service ever.

This is my family's third patronage here and this is not our first unpleasant encounter. Without a doubt though, food is nice and value for money. But, because of the utterly discriminating service today, I highly doubt we will ever come back here.

It might simply be me being sensitive, but you be your own judge.

Must tries: Egg benedict, Egg ratatouille, full monty breakfast, Full Monty, Eggs benedict, Ratatouille Omellete

Brunch

Chinkychiew
 • 31 May 2014 99 reviews 115 followers
Overall
If you drop by on a weekend and manage to snag yourself the last available seat, hold the celebrations - as that may be the only thing worth celebrating for a while.

Service was hurried and curt. Food took a long time (45 mins) to be served, and they're not the least bit apologetic about it.

It's a pity really, as the food wasn't bad and the layout conducive for group conversations. Perhaps they'll do better to take away some seats and turn away diners they are unable to cope with, than have half a restaurant full of hungry, angry folks.

Brunch, Large Groups, Lunch, People Watching