Summary

Service3
Eggs benedict, full monty breakfast, green eggs and ham, Epicurious Burger, Apple crumble, Egg ratatouille, French Toast, Ratatouille Omellete, Baked eggs with toast soldiers, Croque monsieur, Sticky Date Cake, baked eggs, breakfast burrito, choco nana sandwich, the fresh squeezed juices View all
Brunch, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Breakfast, Quiet, Lunch, People Watching, Waterfront, Dinner, View/Scenery, Children/Family, Chillout, Large Groups/Gathering, After Work, Hidden Find, Vibrant/Noisy, Boys Night Out, Business Breakfast, Girls Night Out, Romance/First Dates View all

Still my top 5 favorite brunch place

this was my favorite brunch place in 2014 and i hadn't had time to come back here until recently because I was busy exploring the new cafes in Singapore. i felt really appalled by the number of bad reviews I saw on hungrygowhere and felt apprehensive going back because I always had a pleasant day there. Did their service standards drop?

So back i went this weekend to find out and I'm glad everything was still as good as before. Service staff were friendly and the food still retained its standards. For more in depth review and photos visit http://bluntandfussyeater.blogspot.sg/2016/03/epicurious-cafe.html

Most helpful reviews for Epicurious

rude manager/owner

Family and I requested a change of table with a wait staff. She said no problem. As we shifted, the owner/manager exclaimed at us 'OI! OI! OI! Did you tell someone you wanted this table!?' Naturally, we replied yes and told her which wait staff we informed. Then, without an apology and what not, she simply turned to a Caucasian family and treated them with the best service ever. This is my family's third patronage here and this is not our first unpleasant encounter. Without a doubt though, food is nice and value for money. But, because of the utterly discriminating service today, I highly doubt we will ever come back here. It might simply be me being sensitive, but you be your own judge.

“Extremely rude manager that ruined the good food and ambience.”

My friends and i ate here for lunch. My friend was told by the staff we would have to give up the table at 115pm to give way to other people. That was ok with us so we ordered in 2 batches as people joined us. We waited for 30 mins for the first set of food. Then 50 mins or so for the 2nd set of food. By that time it wAs close to 140pm. The manager came over and rudely spoke to my friend saying we are staying too long and we should vacate the table soon. Half of us were still eating due to their very slow service. After a while, the service staff tried to clear the table even when one friend was still eating. It would have been tolerable if the lady manager came over and spoke in a gentle manner instead of being very rude despite their slow service. It was completely embarrassing and u called for. I would have loved to go back because the french toast and egg burrito was great. But after that encounter - i will never set foot in that place again.

Great food, great prices.

No Idea why this place is rating so low.

In a tourist trap area where service is patchy and it's easy to be ripped off this is a gem.

Food takea a while to come but worth the wait. Home cooked and flvourful, served by staff who care about what they are doing.
I think it's family run.

We paid $88 for 4 mains and 2 desserts. All of which were amazing and freshly cooked. Worth the wait.

Hidden gem for a quiet brunch

I stayed a few weeks in Robertson Quay. It was hard to find inexpensive brunch options without seating in a huge restaurant / food chain. This was the best option, and it's a great option.

It's owner run. It's small (perhaps room for 40pax ?). It's quiet and relaxed. It's family friendly as well.

Everything seems to be cooked to order. The toasts with nutella and banana are delicious. The hot chocolate is good (that's rare in this country). There is a lot of side dishes options for SGD2-4, which is good if you want to add a little something to your dish without ordering another full place.

The staff is much better than the average in Singapore.

I like this place so much that I take girls on first date there, and they love it.