Back to Epicurious#01-02, The Quayside, 60 Robertson Quay

Business Breakfast3 votes

Arif Bamadhaj
 • 15 Jun 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Family and I requested a change of table with a wait staff. She said no problem. As we shifted, the owner/manager exclaimed at us 'OI! OI! OI! Did you tell someone you wanted this table!?' Naturally, we replied yes and told her which wait staff we informed. Then, without an apology and what not, she simply turned to a Caucasian family and treated them with the best service ever.

This is my family's third patronage here and this is not our first unpleasant encounter. Without a doubt though, food is nice and value for money. But, because of the utterly discriminating service today, I highly doubt we will ever come back here.

It might simply be me being sensitive, but you be your own judge.

Must tries: Egg benedict, Egg ratatouille, full monty breakfast, Full Monty, Eggs benedict, Ratatouille Omellete

Brunch

Chinkychiew
 • 31 May 2014 99 reviews 114 followers
Overall
If you drop by on a weekend and manage to snag yourself the last available seat, hold the celebrations - as that may be the only thing worth celebrating for a while.

Service was hurried and curt. Food took a long time (45 mins) to be served, and they're not the least bit apologetic about it.

It's a pity really, as the food wasn't bad and the layout conducive for group conversations. Perhaps they'll do better to take away some seats and turn away diners they are unable to cope with, than have half a restaurant full of hungry, angry folks.

Brunch, Large Groups, Lunch, People Watching

jenishungry
 • 12 Feb 2014 14 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Went there with a friend on a weekend evening. We had high hopes for its namesake but were sorely dissapointed at the standard of the food.

Beefstew
Meat was very tender and well-seasoned but i could count the little chunks of meat served on one hand :/ The stew was nothing special. The two little thin slices of toasts that came with the stew saved the dish; crisp, flavorful and light.

Red velvet cake
Over-hyped, WAY too sweet.

Service was good though, seeing that we were sharing the dish, the restaurant manager took the initiative to offer us extra plates.
Ambience was very european-like, great for a candlelight dinner by the Singapore river and people-watching.

After Work, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Chillout, Dinner, Hidden Find, Nice Deco, Night Out, People Watching, Quiet, Relaxed, Romance/First Dates, View/Scenery, Waterfront