Summary

Value3
Eggs benedict, full monty breakfast, green eggs and ham, Epicurious Burger, Apple crumble, Egg ratatouille, French Toast, Ratatouille Omellete, Baked eggs with toast soldiers, Croque monsieur, Sticky Date Cake, baked eggs, breakfast burrito, choco nana sandwich, rainbow cheese toasties, the fresh squeezed juices View all
Brunch, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Breakfast, Quiet, Lunch, People Watching, Waterfront, Dinner, View/Scenery, Children/Family, Chillout, Large Groups/Gathering, After Work, Hidden Find, Vibrant/Noisy, Boys Night Out, Business Breakfast, Girls Night Out, Romance/First Dates View all

Get your rainbow fix- rainbow cheese toasties at Epicurious

This blackboard special (Rainbow cheese toasties) was due to end yesterday (22th May) but the restaurant Manager mentioned that they will be running this promotion for at least another week so head down if you are interested to get your rainbow fix.

We liked the well-buttered bread but were not overly impressive with the rainbow cheese mix (a combination of vegetable puree, mozzarella, parmesan & truffle oil).

Please drop by my food blog http://www.buttertrade.com.sg/blog/2016/05/23/get-your-rainbow-fix-rainbow-cheese-toasties-pancakes-or-cakes-in-singapore/ for photos and detailed review.

Most helpful reviews for Epicurious

rude manager/owner

Family and I requested a change of table with a wait staff. She said no problem. As we shifted, the owner/manager exclaimed at us 'OI! OI! OI! Did you tell someone you wanted this table!?' Naturally, we replied yes and told her which wait staff we informed. Then, without an apology and what not, she simply turned to a Caucasian family and treated them with the best service ever. This is my family's third patronage here and this is not our first unpleasant encounter. Without a doubt though, food is nice and value for money. But, because of the utterly discriminating service today, I highly doubt we will ever come back here. It might simply be me being sensitive, but you be your own judge.

“Extremely rude manager that ruined the good food and ambience.”

My friends and i ate here for lunch. My friend was told by the staff we would have to give up the table at 115pm to give way to other people. That was ok with us so we ordered in 2 batches as people joined us. We waited for 30 mins for the first set of food. Then 50 mins or so for the 2nd set of food. By that time it wAs close to 140pm. The manager came over and rudely spoke to my friend saying we are staying too long and we should vacate the table soon. Half of us were still eating due to their very slow service. After a while, the service staff tried to clear the table even when one friend was still eating. It would have been tolerable if the lady manager came over and spoke in a gentle manner instead of being very rude despite their slow service. It was completely embarrassing and u called for. I would have loved to go back because the french toast and egg burrito was great. But after that encounter - i will never set foot in that place again.

Great food, great prices.

No Idea why this place is rating so low.

In a tourist trap area where service is patchy and it's easy to be ripped off this is a gem.

Food takea a while to come but worth the wait. Home cooked and flvourful, served by staff who care about what they are doing.
I think it's family run.

We paid $88 for 4 mains and 2 desserts. All of which were amazing and freshly cooked. Worth the wait.

Customer service 101 "How not to reply"

My second review on Hungrygowhere. We ordered a matcha latte and a rainbow toasties. The latte was watery and we can barely taste the green tea, and the toastie reminded me of my college life meals. It was using a Gardenia thick toast looking bread, and average mozzarella cheese. We paid $18.20, and to add to the insult there were filthy water dripping from their awning to our seat and actually dripped on my husband's shirt when they retracted it without checking properly at the outdoor seating area. I review their poor quality on their Facebook and was replied with sarcasm. Worse cafe experience ever.