Reviews for Epicurious

FusionWestern
Address: #01-02, The Quayside, 60 Robertson Quay, 238252
10 Oct 2015
Overall

Hidden gem for a quiet brunch

I stayed a few weeks in Robertson Quay. It was hard to find inexpensive brunch options without seating in a huge restaurant / food chain. This was the best option, and it's a great option.

It's owner run. It's small (perhaps room for 40pax ?). It's quiet and relaxed. It's family friendly as well.

Everything seems to be cooked to order. The toasts with nutella and banana are delicious. The hot chocolate is good (that's rare in this country). There is a lot of side dishes options for SGD2-4, which is good if you want to add a little something to your dish without ordering another full place.

The staff is much better than the average in Singapore.

I like this place so much that I take girls on first date there, and they love it.

More reviews of Epicurious

Disappointed

Eggs Benedict. Eggs weren't poached right. They were cooked right through. If I wanted hard boiled eggs, I would have asked for them. No apologies. Nothing. disappointed. Taste was alright though. will probably not go there again unless necessary.
Overall

Not family friendly and unhelpful staff.

Was with pregnant wife and baby - we were initially seated far away from the main tables with no space for a high chair and no fan nearby. Asked for a table change. I saw 3 tables being given away to customers who'd arrived after us so I asked again when I saw another table open up. I was offered a table for 2 with no space for a high chair and was told if I didn't like it, too bad. Finally, we decided to move ourselves to another table. I had to carry the baby-chair over while holding my baby, while 5 wait-staff just stood around watching us, not offering to help at all. The run of the mill food is simply not worth putting up with the awful service.

rude manager/owner

Family and I requested a change of table with a wait staff. She said no problem. As we shifted, the owner/manager exclaimed at us 'OI! OI! OI! Did you tell someone you wanted this table!?' Naturally, we replied yes and told her which wait staff we informed. Then, without an apology and what not, she simply turned to a Caucasian family and treated them with the best service ever. This is my family's third patronage here and this is not our first unpleasant encounter. Without a doubt though, food is nice and value for money. But, because of the utterly discriminating service today, I highly doubt we will ever come back here. It might simply be me being sensitive, but you be your own judge.
Overall

Not unless it's half empty

If you drop by on a weekend and manage to snag yourself the last available seat, hold the celebrations - as that may be the only thing worth celebrating for a while. Service was hurried and curt. Food took a long time (45 mins) to be served, and they're not the least bit apologetic about it. It's a pity really, as the food wasn't bad and the layout conducive for group conversations. Perhaps they'll do better to take away some seats and turn away diners they are unable to cope with, than have half a restaurant full of hungry, angry folks.