Reviews for Equinox Restaurant

EuropeanInternationalWestern
voraciousappetite

Charming view, great appetizers

For lunch, Equinox serves up a semi-buffet with a single order of a main course flanked by both appetizers and deserts buffet.  Lunch at Equinox usually goes for S$59++ but for restaurant week a special price of S$40++ applies instead. Sweet! Besides food, Equinox is better known for its astounding view that enables diners to glimpse beyond Singapore to the isles of Malaysia and Indonesia. We were lucky to get a table that was only a seat away from the window and was able to enjoy the magnificent view without the glare of direct sunlight upon us.

The appetizers impressed with the variety as well as freshness of the offerings. From sashimi and sushi to cold seafood and foie gras and smoked salmon, the dishes were mostly well-executed and were the highlight of our meal. In particular the foie gras pate with jelly was exceptionally delicious albeit a little too rich for me to enjoy more than a single portion. The spread of cold seafood included two types of oysters, prawns, crabs as well as mussels and clams.

On to the mains, which our server politely informed us would require 20 minutes for preparation and which we could request at any time while enjoying the appetizers. My guest had the Grilled Salmon Fillet with Herb Crushed Potatoes, Caper, Shallots and Tomato Salsa while I had the Roast Breast of Chicken with Pommes Purée and Chasseur Sauce. After the excellent appetizers, we were severely disappointed by the mains. The only praise that I could give was that both the chicken and salmon were cooked just right. However, this is underwhelmed by the sauces which were overpowering and which did not go well with the dishes at all. A rather uninspiring attempt and we would have been glad to skip the mains completely.

Deserts consisted of ice-cream, cakes, pastries, cheeses and a chocolate fondue, among other things. I especially enjoyed the chocolate fudge with caramel and mango panna cotta which looked pretty and tasted delicious.

For more photos and the full review visit https://voraciousappetite.wordpress.com/2012/10/13/equinox-swissotel-the-stamford/
30 Nov 2014 • 44 reviews • 6 followers

nice view with quality food~

election not very wide but food qualiy not bad... nice view if the table is right beside the window... quite cool to have semi-lunch buffet... might choose to go back for dinner to see the night view...
23 Aug 2014 • 27 reviews • 0 follower

Beautiful views, delicious food

We wouldn't have come here if it wasn't for the 50% discount - bit we will definitely be here again (with the discount!). It is a very expensive restaurant but with the discount it is absolutely worth it, the steak was one of the finest I have had in Singapore or anywhere. The views are wonderful, however this does mean that there will be lots of picture taking which subtracts somewhat from the ambience a little. It was my birthday and the staff were kind enough to give us a complementary birthday cake - however it contained nuts which I had specified earlier so wasn't able to enjoy!

07 Jul 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Impressive venue for a cool night out

Very impressive night view but too bad we couldnt get a table by the window, blame the last min booking.

Food was good overall with some minus points. We had lobster chowder and beed tataki as starter. Beef tataki with truffle touch was great but not the lobster chowder though. It was cold when served, so we asked to have it changed. The piping hot one was so delicious!

Main we had slowed cook pork belly and veal chop. I must say the pork chop cooked is the best in the same kind of preparation I have had so far. The veal was overcooked for a medium and we requested to have it changed too. The new piece came as medium rare, much nicer. However, the cut itself was not a good one, so it was not that fantastic.

Dessert was superb. We had one earl grey creme brulee and dark choc soffle. Ended the dinner with 2 coffees and a complimentary cake, not too bad.

Will return to try others

Service could be better, waitress can be more attentive.
The management of Equinox Restaurant responded to this review:
25 Jul 2014
Dear lingling1101,

Thank you for sharing your dining experience with us at Equinox Restaurant, especially your compliments on the Beef Tataki and Slow Cooked Pork Belly. At the same time, your feedback on the service and some of the dishes have been noted and shared with our team for a thorough review. Once again, thank you for your kind review, and we hope to welcome you back for an even better experience!

Your Sincerely,