Back to Equinox RestaurantLevel 70, Swissotel The Stamford, 2...

foie gras5 votes
Anniversary3 votes

lingling1101
 • 07 Jul 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Very impressive night view but too bad we couldnt get a table by the window, blame the last min booking.

Food was good overall with some minus points. We had lobster chowder and beed tataki as starter. Beef tataki with truffle touch was great but not the lobster chowder though. It was cold when served, so we asked to have it changed. The piping hot one was so delicious!

Main we had slowed cook pork belly and veal chop. I must say the pork chop cooked is the best in the same kind of preparation I have had so far. The veal was overcooked for a medium and we requested to have it changed too. The new piece came as medium rare, much nicer. However, the cut itself was not a good one, so it was not that fantastic.

Dessert was superb. We had one earl grey creme brulee and dark choc soffle. Ended the dinner with 2 coffees and a complimentary cake, not too bad.

Will return to try others

Service could be better, waitress can be more attentive.

Must tries: Creme Brulee, Beef tatki

Business Dining, Chillout, Dinner, Night Out, Quiet, View/Scenery

Management

Dear lingling1101,

Thank you for sharing your dining experience with us at Equinox Restaurant, especially your compliments on the Beef Tataki and Slow Cooked Pork Belly. At the same time, your feedback on the service and some of the dishes have been noted and shared with our team for a thorough review. Once again, thank you for your kind review, and we hope to welcome you back for an even better experience!

Your Sincerely,
The Management
Equinox Restaurant

25 July 2014

theengineerchef
 • 26 May 2014 27 reviews 0 follower
For full review, please visit my blog The Engineer Chef:

We were given an amuse bouche to amuse our palate: the Salmon Tartare with Bonito Foam served in a shot glass. The Salmon Tartare made my tastebud happy. It was a cleverly concocted amuse bouche that I liked a lot. It had a mild fresh salmon taste with a sweet and smooth bonito foam. Perfect taste!

For my main course I ordered the Slow Cooked Iberico Pork Belly ($58). My friends ordered the Roasted Salmon ($60) and Tenderloin. When our dishes came, from the presentation I immediately regretted not ordering the tenderloin.

My Pork Belly was slightly poor in presentation because of the pistachio spread. It looked sloppy and gross. The pork was very tender, juicy, and succulent. However, the acid on the plate was just missing. The pork, the mushroom, the bacon dashi, the pistachio puree - all of them adds to the fat. After 2 to 3 bites, I started feeling "tired" of my dish. The pistachio puree could've been swapped with a cauliflower lime puree. Or some macerated fruits like peach or cherry could've been added to balance the whole dish.

The Roasted Salmon was pretty on the presentation. And definitely this was a more balanced dish, although another important component is missing - the sauce. Yes! The sauce! The dish had seared salmon, scallops, blanched spinach, and artichoke barigoule. But nothing blended all of them together. Thus everything became bland. Unfortunately, the salmon was slightly overcooked thus leaving it dry. Not a crowd pleaser.

The star of the night was the Tenderloin ($58). First of all, presentation was a winner. It was served on a stone topped wooden board, with three other components: our choice of dressing in a mini cassole, grilled bone marrow (really!), and grilled carrots. For the dish, we were also able to choose two sides that came in small cassole on the side. Needless to say, my friend ordered her steak medium well - I had a bite and it was so tender yet juicy I was in an awe. I would definitely come back to Equinox just for the tenderloin.

At the end of our mains, we were way to full to order desserts. Our experience at Equinox was very pleasant. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. There was never once we had to ask for our water to be refilled, which was a rare occurrence in Singapore. After the meal, he gladly took our group picture and even made us pose by the window overlooking the great scenery.

We had a good time in Equinox, and I would definitely return to eat the tenderloin.

Must tries: Tenderloin

andeana lee
 • 25 May 2014 6 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Check out the full photo review here at ande-anna.blogspot.com! For the full text, check out the original post.

We tried Equinox during restaurant week and they offered two different dinner menu. Here's the combined menu:

Appetiser:
i. Grilled Vegetable Salad, Goat Cheese, Quail Egg, Frisee Lettuce, Horseradish (love the quail egg with a runny yolk centre!)
ii. Tuna Tartare, Avocado, Crispy Onion, Soy and Lime Vinaigrette (the presentation was neat and tidy, tuna tartare was light and refreshing)

Mains:
i. Breast and Thigh of Chicken, Potato Terrine, Morels, Cauliflower, Toasted Almonds, Roasted Onion (potato terrine was well-baked, chicken paired well with morels)
ii. Poached Salmon Fillet, Star Anise Oil, Braised Lettuce, Beetroot Gnocchi, Razor Clam Sauce (everything was good except for the salmon [the main focus], which was a little too fishy)

Desserts:
i. Violet Wild Strawberry, Granite, Almond Sable, Meringue (flavourful yet not as sweet as it sounds. was a really balanced dish)
ii. Verbena Apricot, Preserved Blood Peach Jelly, Lemongrass Sorbet (Love the sorbet, but the preserved blood peach jelly and verbena apricot were overly sweet to be eaten as it is)

We spent SGD55++ per pax for the restaurant week promotional dinner, and topped up SGD20 for a window view. In addition, we had a bottle of Moet and Chandon Rose Imperial at SGD99++.

Without the wine, we spent around SGD85 per pax. With it, the total bill came up to SGD101 per pax.

Anniversary, Fine Dining, Quiet, View/Scenery
  • Night View
  • Tuna Tartare, Avocado, Crispy Onion, Soy and Lime Vinaigrette
  • Grilled Vegetable Salad, Goat Cheese, Quail Egg, Frisee Lettuce, Horseradish

Management

Dear andeana lee,

Thank you for choosing Equinox Restaurant! We’re delighted to hear that you and your partner had a romantic dining experience with us during Restaurant Week especially the Tuna Tartare and the Violet Wild Strawberry. Looking forward to your return in the near future!

Yours sincerely,