Summary

foie gras, desserts, Sashimi, Creme Brulee, baby lamb, mango panna cotta, Beef tatki, Beijing Roast Duck Wrap, Braised Duck Leg, Bread Pudding, Confit Ravioli, Cosmopolitan, Duck Consomme, Equinox Blue, Handroll, Laksa, Mushroom salad, Oriental Stlye Mushroom, Oysters, Poached William Pear, Portobello Mushrooms, Prawns in hot sauce, Roasted Miso Black Cod, Slow-cooked Pork Cheek, Steak, Steamed snapper, Tenderloin, Unpasteurised Cheese platter, crab bisque, grilled beef, mint tea, scallops, tuna sandwich, wagyu beef View all
View/Scenery, Quiet, Fine Dining, Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Lunch, Buffet, Business Dining, High Tea, Chillout, Private Dining, Children/Family, Brunch, Large Groups/Gathering, Wine Lists, Anniversary, Corporate Events, After Work, Supper, Birthdays, Formal Events, Girls Night Out View all

Impressive venue for a cool night out

Very impressive night view but too bad we couldnt get a table by the window, blame the last min booking.

Food was good overall with some minus points. We had lobster chowder and beed tataki as starter. Beef tataki with truffle touch was great but not the lobster chowder though. It was cold when served, so we asked to have it changed. The piping hot one was so delicious!

Main we had slowed cook pork belly and veal chop. I must say the pork chop cooked is the best in the same kind of preparation I have had so far. The veal was overcooked for a medium and we requested to have it changed too. The new piece came as medium rare, much nicer. However, the cut itself was not a good one, so it was not that fantastic.

Dessert was superb. We had one earl grey creme brulee and dark choc soffle. Ended the dinner with 2 coffees and a complimentary cake, not too bad.

Will return to try others

Service could be better, waitress can be more attentive.

The management of Equinox Restaurant responded to this review:
25 Jul 2014
Dear lingling1101,

Thank you for sharing your dining experience with us at Equinox Restaurant, especially your compliments on the Beef Tataki and Slow Cooked Pork Belly. At the same time, your feedback on the service and some of the dishes have been noted and shared with our team for a thorough review. Once again, thank you for your kind review, and we hope to welcome you back for an even better experience!

Your Sincerely,
The Management
Equinox Restaurant

Most helpful reviews for Equinox Restaurant

High Tea: Go only with a complimentary Feed At Raffles Voucher

The usual disclaimer and font size 0.001 print applies: this review applies only to High Tea. You may have better luck at other meals; judging from our experience, you'd need lots of it.

Equinox still has not learned over the past few years. The complete lack of any sort management response to the many reviews speaks volumes. If it was located on anything lower than the fifth floor, it would have turned turtle long ago.

Let's start with the positives. Oh, actually make that singular. Bring your camera; not for the food, but for the spectacular view that makes you realize how small Mount Faber and Bukit Timah Hill are.

Let's be a little fair and find whatever positives we can. The service was friendly enough and they do try. The chinese-style cooked vegetables with oyster sauce was good; I actually went back for second helpings. One or two desserts were of decent quality. The tea is of very high quality, being from TWG.

This is where the positive(s) end, really. The tea pot and accompanying tea-leaf filter is a complete failure. Ditch the filter and just put the tea leaves straight into your teapot. Chewing a few tea leaves is better than having tea that tastes weaker than Polar distilled water.

Virtually everything else looked like it was sourced from a $15-per-person low-budget high-tea company function, the sort you get after an extremely tedious and boring company seminar when you're hungry and so much looking forward to the food which you know will turn out to be disappointing because your company secretary thinks Kong Guan biscuits are very high-class and/or your company is on a budget tighter than UBS after its recent rogue trader debacle.

The sushi looks like it came from some run-of-the-mill supplier and not made in the kitchen. There was no sashimi at all. The fried spring rolls and related items were probably made by an underpaid Chef's assistant's assistant who is still thinking of the fateful day he signed on the dotted line; I sincerely hope he is not thinking about Bedok Reservoir. Maybe the words "foreign untalent" are most appropriate here. There was no love at all in almost all of the cooking; most of the food should not be called food, but nutrition. Maybe some of the other reviewers were right; the food could have been outsourced and simply reheated. Either way, it brings back lots of old memories; that of being in your secondary school tuckshop ordering from that corner stall where the Auntie always throws the change at you.

Sure, it filled the belly; but I'd rather have quality over quantity anytime. I've done my job; unless you're the most undiscerning diner in the world, if you have to pay for the high-tea, run away as far and as fast as you can. At S$42++ per person (read: S$50 is the amount that enters your credit card statement), there are better ways to spend your hard-earned money. Unless of course you're Mr. Adoboli; in which case, even so your prison grub would probably beat Equinox hands down.

Really High Tea

72 floors! Right? My ears were popping on the way up to Equinox @ Swissotel!Anyway, my mother decided a mother-daughter treat was in store so we made use of the expiring Feed@Raffles voucher which entitled us to complimentary high tea at the Equinox!

High tea to me is still an idea i can't fully grasp. In between lunch and dinner, it doesn't really fit in much and after today's high tea experience, i must say that i'm not much of a high tea person and i was unable to have dinner :( My stomach doth protest.

Okay moving on, for those of you who are interested in EQUINOX HIGH TEA BUFFET, here is some of the treats I remembered they had, it's very conquerable because it is after all high tea and the spread is not very overwhelming.

Drinks : TWG Tea ( so many kinds!), Coffee, Apple Juice, Pineapple Juice, Orange Juice, Iced Water

Pasta: Aglio Oglio, Cream, Tomato with a choice of Spaghetti, Penne or Fusilli. I recommend the aglio aglio fussili which comes with diced clams and because it is an olive oil and garlic based pasta, it does not fill you up much!

Baked Goods: Artisan Bread, Chocolate Chip Scones, Blueberry Muffins, Choc Chip and Pecan Muffins. Scones were fabulous, served with clotted cream and jam.

Savouries: Mini Pancakes (Maple Syrup, Chocolate Sauce and Something Else on the side), Roti Prata (Curry on the side), Mee Soto, Fish Congee (Really good! I topped mine with the spring onions, century egg, shallots, pickled veggie), Soba.

Dessert: Ice Cream Counter (Chocolate, Vanilla, Lime Sorbet, Yoghurt Sorbet) with various toppings like mango sauce, chocolate fondue, strawberry sauce, walnuts, cranberries, raisins, gummies, strawberries, banana creme angalise sauce(spammed this on top of everything), chocolate pearls, marshmellows, etc. Mixed Fruit Selection (incl. plums and grapes), fruit salad ( so refreshing), longan dessert, nonya kuehs, this really awesome chocolate mousse that got snapped up really fast (couldn't go for seconds), mango panna cotta, opera cake, chocolate and cream creation thing, sweet pastries like danish patries and some apple lattice resembling thing, Kueh Pie Tee(?)

Hot Stuff: Meatballs (THIS IS DELICIOUS, better than Ikea's), Spring Rolls, Vegetable Pau, Soon Kueh, Chicken Skewers (too greasy for me), cocktail sausages, char kweh teow, mixed stir fry vegetables

Healthy Stuff: Salads! (Blue cheese dressing, vinegarette, thousand island etc.), Roasted Chicken Salad in Honey Yoghurt Dressing, Cold Cuts, Potato Salad, Grilled Vegetable Salad, Vermicelli Salad in Thai Dressing. Sushi ( I liked the one which had mango wrapped around it!)

Finger Food: Smoked Salmon Sandwich, Cold Cuts Sandwich, Tuna Sandwich, Raisin Cream Sandwich. All the sandwiches are served on different breads and were quite tastefully presented:)

Yes, so make your own judgement! The view was astounding, Singapore is really running out of land, I think the view would be nicer at night though...Maybe next time.

pricey but worth the view

Equinox restaurant is located in the central business district area and can be easily accessed by the rail. It is conveniently located at the 70th level in swissotel.

The restaurant offers a range of international buffet spread but the focus is on the European/ western side.  even though much reviews have said that the standard has been dropping but I think there is still some saving factors for the dessert spread. Nicely arranged and definitely appetizing. Who wouldn’t resist to have more desserts. As what my friends always say… girls or ladies have an additional stomach for desserts. Pricey as it may be but you are paying for the view and ambience that cannot really be experienced else where.

Extremely disappointing - A sad excuse of fine dining

Since 2007, I have celebrated several special occasions at the Equinox. I have to admit that whilst my personal memories of each of those moments have endured with much joy, so has my longing for the level of quality of food and service that I experienced first at the equinox, which has dwindled over the years and seems to be fading into hotel quality, room service food which it appears to be today.

This week I went back to the restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday at the Equinox. Here is the list of things that went absolutely wrong;
 1) 4 parties ordered steak in our party of 7. The Prime Rib ordered medium was dry, 2 other plates were served medium well when asked to be served medium and mine was the epic no no of receiving a Prime Rib which was actually cold to touch but cooked to the core - although ordered to be "Hot", "Seared" and "Medium Rare". Best part was that I asked the server to take it back and do it again. Steak comes back by the person who appears to be the manager in 10min with an interesting twist; Same steak has been charred over the grill and now served to me! I ask how is this a "Hot, Seared, Medium Rare steak"... This looks like a lump of coal. He said "well you wanted it hot and seared... it is also pink in the centre". I pointed to small dot at the core of the steak which still resembled a slight colour of meat and said that is not medium rare! that is all that is left that is not black!!

The other 3 guests out of respect for the birthday girl were too polite to send theirs back. but non was at all happy with their $80++ dollar steaks

2) Service staff at Equinox seems to have been replaced by generic hotel staff or never been trained. Our servers attempt at serving Vintage champagne was exemplary when she completely missed the glass on the first attempt. This was further compounded by another service staff delighting the guests with her very fragrant personal body odour (BO) when extending her arms to clear the plates. Not what you expect at a high end restaurant.

3) Despite detailed reservation and instructions for preparation of cake, restaurant prepared a cake much too small for the number of guests. I had insisted that money is no object but wanted an appropriate size of "Black Forest Cake" for the guests. Although, they got the flavour of the cake right, the size of the cake appeared to yield only 2 spoon full per portion for 6 out of 7 guests. where I had to share with my wife (no mains for me and now no cake too).

Well... What was the restaurant reaction when I asked for the check? They decided not to charge me for lump of coal steak, not charge for failed cake taster size and graciously remove my coffee order from the bill. But still charge me for a failed dinner of $855.00 SGD.

You make your own call if you want to go to this restaurant for a special occasion.

Eye-Opening Experience of Pink Champagne Brunch Buffet with breathtaking view!

For full review and photos, please visit:

The service here is constantly good! We were lucky to be served by Flora during every visit. I feel that the food and dessert quality is slightly better during their weekday semi-lunch buffet than the Sunday brunch buffet. However, if we're to compare overall ambience + dining experience, this Sunday brunch buffet wins with the additional of complimentary dishes surprises brought to your table, there's magicians going around each table performing live magic tricks, a excellent live band, polaroid with the pink panther etc..

There were also quite many people especially guys wearing in Pink that day, so join in the fun and dress in Pink to this brunch buffet! This is truly a one-of-a-kind experience. So if you're planning to have a fun time with good food, this is definitely my recommendation!