Back to Equinox RestaurantLevel 70, Swissotel The Stamford, 2...
voraciousappetite
 • 21 Apr 2013 25 reviews 0 follower
Overall
For lunch, Equinox serves up a semi-buffet with a single order of a main course flanked by both appetizers and deserts buffet.  Lunch at Equinox usually goes for S$59++ but for restaurant week a special price of S$40++ applies instead. Sweet!
Besides food, Equinox is better known for its astounding view that enables diners to glimpse beyond Singapore to the isles of Malaysia and Indonesia. We were lucky to get a table that was only a seat away from the window and was able to enjoy the magnificent view without the glare of direct sunlight upon us.

The appetizers impressed with the variety as well as freshness of the offerings. From sashimi and sushi to cold seafood and foie gras and smoked salmon, the dishes were mostly well-executed and were the highlight of our meal. In particular the foie gras pate with jelly was exceptionally delicious albeit a little too rich for me to enjoy more than a single portion. The spread of cold seafood included two types of oysters, prawns, crabs as well as mussels and clams.

On to the mains, which our server politely informed us would require 20 minutes for preparation and which we could request at any time while enjoying the appetizers. My guest had the Grilled Salmon Fillet with Herb Crushed Potatoes, Caper, Shallots and Tomato Salsa while I had the Roast Breast of Chicken with Pommes Purée and Chasseur Sauce. After the excellent appetizers, we were severely disappointed by the mains. The only praise that I could give was that both the chicken and salmon were cooked just right. However, this is underwhelmed by the sauces which were overpowering and which did not go well with the dishes at all. A rather uninspiring attempt and we would have been glad to skip the mains completely.

Deserts consisted of ice-cream, cakes, pastries, cheeses and a chocolate fondue, among other things. I especially enjoyed the chocolate fudge with caramel and mango panna cotta which looked pretty and tasted delicious.

For more photos and the full review visit https://voraciousappetite.wordpress.com/2012/10/13/equinox-swissotel-the-stamford/

Must tries: foie gras, Sashimi, mango panna cotta

Buffet, Business Dining, Fine Dining, Formal Events, Girls Night Out, Lunch, Nice Deco, View/Scenery