Mon - Wed: 08:00 - 23:00
Thu - Fri: 08:00 - 00:00
Closed: Sat & Sun
Erwin's Gastrobar spares no punches to dish out the best of food, wines, beers, cocktails and more sumptuous and thirst-quenching choices for a good time at great value! It is a great place to chill out over happy hours with a group of friends and colleagues either using indoor or outdoor space.
My colleagues and I decided to head to the MBFC area for lunch, to get the vibe of the lunchtime crowd there.
The restaurant is really packed for lunch. Good thing we made reservation prior and got a nice table at a corner with long cushioned seats along the wall.
We ordered our individual main dishes and some appetisers to share. Here are the highlights:
- Devilled Pork Sausage and Onion: $15. Nice presentation, with a bowl of cut sausages in a tomato based stew and there’s a filo pastry baked and placed on top of the bowl. It came with a portion of potato wedges. Not bad.
- Cold Mac Salad: $6. Elbow pasta, crisp bacon, cress and mustard mayo. Didn’t like this, as the pasta was a little hard for my liking. When I asked the server, he checked with the chef and replied that this was how it is supposed to be.
- Potato Salad: $6. Soft boiled baby potato, egg and chive mayo. This was not bad. Sizeable portion and good to share amongst at least 4 people if you are also ordering a main course each.
- Fish & Chips: $16.50. Beer battered grouper fillet, caper mayo with fries and salad. The fish is good. I liked this very much. Recommended!
- Crab Meat Linguine: $16.50. With roasted garlic, oregano, chili flakes and olive oil. Pasta is nice. The crab meat portion was also good. Recommended!
- ‘Replenish’ Wholesome blends: $8. After all the dining, I needed a juice for some detox. This sounded good. It had apple, tomato and ginger in it. The ginger taste is not overpowering. Good to try.
- Pazookie: $9.50. This is a giant cookie with peanut butter caramel, popcorn crumble, ice cream and coffee ganache. Good to share, cos the portion is big.
- Banana Caramel Waffle: $8. Freshly baked waffle with honeycomb toffee ice cream, chocolate sauce and toasted almonds. This is good. Waffle is nice and I liked the combination of the banana and ice cream. Try it!
I like their main courses, which are quite filling. Desserts are also good.
I really like this place and with the use of The Entertainer's 1-for-1 coupons I only paid $48 for 4 main courses and 1 desert to share. The food and service is awesome, but the place can be extremely rowdy. It was quite difficult to hold a proper conversation inside.
Read full review here:
Thanks to an app on The Entertainer, I decided to have lunch and chill out at the gastrobar after a long meeting at a bank.
I started with the beer bites platter ($29), which consisted of very spicy chicken wings, puffed up onion rings,sausages, fries and a really good garlic bread topped with cheese. Great stuff to pair with my German lager ($8.50)
For my main course, I claimed my Entertainer Ap one for one with the Crab Meat Linguine ($16.50). This was done al dente with fresh prawns used to create a pleasant slight seafood after taste. Quite hearty too.
Dessert was a Tiramisu ($8.50). The rendition served here is smaller but still full of mascarporne cheese and cream.
Overall, I was quite impressed by the food. I did not think that a gastrobar would be able to offer both beer bites and hearty options for a full meal and the quality here exceeded my expectations.