Back to Espressamente Illy#01-01, Studio M Hotel, 3 Nanson Road

somoofood
 • 13 Jun 2011 152 reviews 9 followers
Overall
A stop over at this cooling and relaxing cafe was totally unplanned. A beautiful accident shall we say.

Located at the floor level of Studio M hotel along No 3, Nanson Road (right opposite Book Cafe).

I had a mid morning well spent here.

Ordered a chilled coffee drink after a morning walk, it’s the S$7++ Cappuccino Freddo where the frothy milk atop of coffee was chilled too.

Overall, a smooth & fragrant milky coffee.

This cafe is under ILLY coffee as far as I’m concerned (maybe Illy licensed cafe), so, you could find all things ILLY here to buy.

That means, all coffee (hot or cold) beverages on the menu are using Illy roasted coffee beans.

As a bonus, the cake counter displayed tempting array of petit cakes which I aim to try next time. Oh yes, they serve hot food too.

OCBC card holders are entitled to 15% discount for any amount spent. Nice.

Service was attentive.

And I adore the subtle scent lingering in the well air-con cafe.

There were magazines and newspapers of the day for customers to read while enjoying a cuppa.

The outdoor seating seemed inviting too. Bet it’s going to serve a weekend evening caffeine trip well.

I will be back =)

click onto

for pictures!

Must tries: Illy coffee drinks

Quiet

sightsmelltaste
 • 11 Mar 2011 84 reviews 3 followers
Overall
I could literally smell the Lamb Shank ($15) as it was being warmed up in the oven. The smell of tangy tomato sauce invokes rustic-nostlagic feeling. The meat literally falls off the bone. It could be handled with the fork as a single cutlery. No need for knife or spoon.

Whilst the tomato sauce was good, I felt that the taste was a little one dimensional. Perhaps more herbs and vegetables (like carrots and potato) could have lent more depth. That said, it was still a warm and hearty lunch (think comfort food). The bread dipped in tomato sauce was fabulous and addictive! 7/10

Could not have asked for a better way to round up a good lunch. Marocchino Caldo ($4) was a heavenly mix of ILLY espresso, dense hot chocolate and warm emulsified milk. I like this place. Coffee is consistently satisfying. Love attention to small details, and the complimentary dark valrhona chocolate stick delights me. 8/10

For more photos and full review, please visit http://sightsmelltaste.blogspot.com

Kris Leong 465
 • 09 Feb 2011 70 reviews 5 followers
Overall
Was in the vincinity and decided to use my HungryDeals voucher. Ordered the Marocchino Caldo, an ILLY espresso served with dense hot chocolate and warm emulsified milk…….who can resist such a description. My colleague ordered the same drink and we both agreed that it was good.

I had the ciabatta al pollo. The sandwich was stuffed with lettuce; tomato; chicken and slice of cheese. The chicken was tender. Ciabatta had pesto spread. I felt it could do with a little more pesto sauce. Portion was pretty generous; I only managed to eat half the sandwich.

My colleague had piadina al parma, an Italian wrap with Parma ham. Wrap came with lots of parma ham.

Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, After Work, Chillout, Quiet
  • Ciabatta al pollo