02 May 2014 • 172 reviews • 2 followers
Most people will know Fatty Weng back when they were at a shophouse, next to the Singapore Badminton Hall. They later expanded to an airconditioned outlet at Singapore Badminton Hall, before closing both outlets and relocating to Chinatown.
Now occupying two floors at a corner shophouse, you can now enjoy great Cantonese fare in an air-conditioned environment! It is right next to the Chinatown Complex (hawker centre/ market) and at the start of the Chinatown Food Street.
My lunch kakis and I came for lunch and we had the following dishes:
- Deep-fried Soon Hock: The fish was fresh and well done. The sauce complemented the fish well.
- 'Pai Kwat Wong' (Pork Ribs): Good portion was served. The dish had good 'wok-hei' (wok's breath) that made this dish popular amongst my lunch kakis.
- Toufu with mushroom and brocolli: A healthy compliment to our meal.
- Signature Bee Hoon with seafood: This was a visual feast! The bee hoon was crispy and shaped like a wok, with stir-fried seafood, met and vegetables in the middle. Must-order!
- Xiao Bai Chye with 3 eggs: Usually you get spinach for this dish, but we decided on a different vegetable. The 3 eggs came together beautifully and the added wolfberries added a natural sweetness to the dish. Try it!
- Chilled Mango Sago: This was sweet, and a perfect way to end the meal.
If you are looking for Cantonese food that's prepared the good-old traditional way, you can come for your fix here!