Reviews for Feng Bo Zhuang

AsianChinese
Princess J

A very different dining experience

Was in Chinatown area and remembered that I've been meaning to check out this wuxia themed restaurant, and so we did.

The deco is indeed very wuxia-fied and I was smiling to myself at the details they put up to further paint the wuxia scene.

Their menu also offers a very different spread from our local Zichar. It's even more different than Lao Beijing or Dian Xiaoer. We took a leap of faith and ordered:

1) Braised Chicken with glass noodles - its actually a little spicy and they don't have a non-spicy version as the chicken is pre-marinated with a little chill. J doesn't take spice but she loved it. She complained it being spicy but still ate two big bowls.

2) Big Bone Soup - the soup was super flavorful which led me to think that on top of the bones and vege, they must pop in some Ajinomoto lah.

3) Garlic Vege - simply fried with garlic but the vege is very sweet and fresh. Loved the taste of it!

4) Fried noodle - spicy (again) but my elder girl loved it too! We found it nice as well lah...

Problem with me reviewing this is that I failed to note the actual names on their menu and going by memory of what I ate is proving to be not very comprehensive. So in summary, we liked the food there because it's well-cooked and it's something different. Likely to bring friends there who speak better Mandarin than me to get a more awesome dining experience. Why? So I can fully understand the writings on the wall...literally. :)

09 Nov 2011 • 387 reviews • 13 followers

A very different dining experience

12 Jun 2011 • 375 reviews • 31 followers

Kungfu Fighting! Hoo Ha!

For photos, please see Rubbish Eat Rubbish Grow.

I am always taken aback afresh how poetic the Chinese language can be. "Feng Bo Zhuang," the name of the restaurant, literally means the Mansion of Wind and Waves, but it's more poetic and metaphoric when taken in context of the theme of the restaurant. The theme is a Chinese pugilistic (wuxia) theme. So jiang-hurefers to the pugilistic underworld of strife, trouble, dog-eat-dog, of love, bad romance and revenge. The closest English translation of jiang-hu would be "society" of the Godfather's mafia world. In this context, "wind-waves" means the
30 Sep 2009 • 7 reviews • 0 follower

Chinese Kongfu Restaurant

A very interesting place. All waitress are dressed in ancient fashion as in Chinese Kongfu show. The decorations are all terms and stories from Chinese Kongfu Novels. All food, cuisines are named under famous Chinese Kongfu. A good place for party and gathering.

Book at http://www.ninelogic.com/, got 10% off.