Back to Fern & Kiwi#01-02/03 & #02-07/08, The Cannery, Clarke Quay,...

beef carpaccio3 votes
Ala Carte3 votes

Joshua Lim Wc
 • 07 Aug 2014 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
The food at Fern and Kiwi was very good indeed. For starters, we had the beef carpaccio (which i really liked), the foie gras (was nice) and the salt&pepper squid (good but the batter could be better. They use the body and tentacles. Not the usual squid rings)

The lamb rack I had went well with the peppery sauce and mash. The Cod on the other hand was a little dry but still nice. I didnt get to try the steak but the portion looked big.

Great atmosphere and great staff, especially from Nigel who was nice and helpful the whole night. He even cracked a joke to lighten the atmosphere. Price would be on the high side though. If only it was a little more affordable.

Must tries: beef carpaccio, Rack Of Lamb

Jayshree Susanna
 • 15 Jun 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
great food, we had the 12 hr braised lamb shank and cod fish. lovely, cooked to perfection. excellent service, friendly staff who kept us company while we waited for the food.

After Work, Ala Carte, Anniversary

ArcticStar
 • 28 Mar 2014 233 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Fern and Kiwi Bar & Eatery was suggested by another friend a few months ago, but we did not dine there eventually. I have been meaning to visit, since I was curious about New Zealand cuisine. So, tonight, I finally got to have dinner here.

A typical New Zealand cafe slash bar slash restaurant, this Fern and Kiwi offers a fun, relaxed environment with its wood decor and dim lighting. The doors and windows remind me alot of winter in Australia, actually. Level one is the bar area, level two is the restaurant area where we were dining at - alfresco seating is available, as well as great music playing all night long.

My main course was the New Zealand King Salmon Fillet - grilled salmon served on a bed of green lipped mussels and sumac risotto with dill creme fraiche and vine tomato confit. The salmon skin was crispy and the flesh was freshly tender; the sweetish flavor was very scrumptious. The risotto was a little too sweet for my liking, but I loved the juicy green lipped mussels and huge cherry tomatoes.

Charliez* had the Oven-Baked Cod - grilled cod fillet served with roasted baby potatoes and grilled asparagus and special Fern & Kiwi sauce. The cod was freshly succulent, and like my salmon - it was crispy on the outsde and the inside was fresh with the sweetness of well-prepared cod. It melted in the mouth. The savoury-saccharine sauce added a hint of flavor in contrast with the pure, light taste of the cod. The baby potatoes were soft and the asparagus + tomatoes made for great accompaniments.

For more detailed information and photos, please feel free to visit:

Must tries: pavlovas, King Salmon, Cod