Reviews for First Thai Food

2.8

AsianIndochineseThai
Address: 23 Purvis Street, 188600

Standard dropped, but still good.

I've patronized First Thai Restaurant @ Purvis St since forever, and I have to say that it's one of the most authentic Thai food I've tasted in Singapore. First Thai has always been a pleasant surprise, and my family and I would always look forward to our next trip there for awesome Tom Yam soup, Thai fried rice, fried fish, etc. On our latest trip there, however, we were slightly disappointed by the food served to us. Most of the staff have changed, and the standard of the food dropped too. They used to use big juicy prawns in their tom yam soup and thai seafood fried rice, but now they are using the small regular prawns, which really compromised the taste of the food. The tom yam soup was also more bland than last time. The fish also became smaller for the same price we are paying for. We're not too sure if kitchen staff were changed or that they simply chose to compromise the standard of the food by using cheaper ingrediants.  Overall, food standard has dropped but still flavourful, and the ambience is still nice and homey. I do hope that the standard of food can go back to what it used to be!
• 10 Jul 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Not a customer friendly restaurant at all!

Overall
You are not allowed to get a table even if the rest of your party is arriving in less than 5 minutes. And when asked to use less sauce on the basil pork, the manager in charge herself tells you that her restaurant is authentic Thai and they can't adapt to your request!?
• 12 Dec 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL

Overall
Service  sucks all time as if we owe them.. do not allow u to order drinks 1st, need to order everything together at one go.. so d*** rigid.. no desserts during dinner time.. end of e day, as if customers  r e one which need to listen to them..

Though e price is reasonable  but i will not come back again for sure.. what for get angry even before e start of e dinner
• 29 Jul 2014 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Standard dropped, but still good.