Reviews for First Thai Food

AsianIndochineseThai
Address: 23 Purvis Street, 188600
22 Nov 2015
Overall

Authentic Thai Cuisine By First Thai @ Purvis Street (Bugis)

Full Review at http://lepakwithyaops.com/authentic-thai-cuisine-by-first-thai-purvis-street-bugis

Follow Lepak With Yaops on Instagram and Facebook

Operating hours at First Thai is relatively short, and is packed with people most of the time! No reservation allowed, so come early if you want to avoid queuing.

Basil Chicken - Spicy, yet flavorful!

Green Curry - Very rich and creamy. Heavy with coconut base...a little less generous would had been perfect for me.

Panda Chicken - Fragrant and chunky, couldn't ask for more!

Phad Thai - One of the better ones around Singapore. Semi-wet and gooey (that's how I describe and prefer), balanced on the sweetness and generous with their garnishing.

Sea Bass in Thai Sauce - Some protein for our muscles! Very delicious and appetizing gravy/soup and the fish was fresh!

Overall, First Thai was priced a little above average but with good portions and taste. I guess that even things out.

More reviews of First Thai Food

Overall

Good prices, good food, c*** service. but still recommended

Fist first thai with an open mind

Service here is negative 5. you will be rudely directed to your seat and during busy periods its an arm raising warfare between fellow customers.

That said...

The food is great! rich and delicious and almost exactly how casual thai cuisine should taste.

The value is superb! you can easy get away with a nice meal for under 12 bucks and still have a bunch of coins to buy some extra glasses of iced water (30c) to wash down all that thai goodness.
Overall

Not a customer friendly restaurant at all!

You are not allowed to get a table even if the rest of your party is arriving in less than 5 minutes. And when asked to use less sauce on the basil pork, the manager in charge herself tells you that her restaurant is authentic Thai and they can't adapt to your request!?

NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL

Service  sucks all time as if we owe them.. do not allow u to order drinks 1st, need to order everything together at one go.. so d*** rigid.. no desserts during dinner time.. end of e day, as if customers  r e one which need to listen to them..

Though e price is reasonable  but i will not come back again for sure.. what for get angry even before e start of e dinner
Overall

Standard dropped, but still good.

I've patronized First Thai Restaurant @ Purvis St since forever, and I have to say that it's one of the most authentic Thai food I've tasted in Singapore. First Thai has always been a pleasant surprise, and my family and I would always look forward to our next trip there for awesome Tom Yam soup, Thai fried rice, fried fish, etc.

On our latest trip there, however, we were slightly disappointed by the food served to us. Most of the staff have changed, and the standard of the food dropped too. They used to use big juicy prawns in their tom yam soup and thai seafood fried rice, but now they are using the small regular prawns, which really compromised the taste of the food. The tom yam soup was also more bland than last time. The fish also became smaller for the same price we are paying for. We're not too sure if kitchen staff were changed or that they simply chose to compromise the standard of the food by using cheaper ingrediants.

Overall, food standard has dropped but still flavourful, and the ambience is still nice and homey. I do hope that the standard of food can go back to what it used to be!