Reviews for First Thai Food

AsianIndochineseThai
EdelynChua

Standard dropped, but still good.

I've patronized First Thai Restaurant @ Purvis St since forever, and I have to say that it's one of the most authentic Thai food I've tasted in Singapore. First Thai has always been a pleasant surprise, and my family and I would always look forward to our next trip there for awesome Tom Yam soup, Thai fried rice, fried fish, etc. On our latest trip there, however, we were slightly disappointed by the food served to us. Most of the staff have changed, and the standard of the food dropped too. They used to use big juicy prawns in their tom yam soup and thai seafood fried rice, but now they are using the small regular prawns, which really compromised the taste of the food. The tom yam soup was also more bland than last time. The fish also became smaller for the same price we are paying for. We're not too sure if kitchen staff were changed or that they simply chose to compromise the standard of the food by using cheaper ingrediants.  Overall, food standard has dropped but still flavourful, and the ambience is still nice and homey. I do hope that the standard of food can go back to what it used to be!
12 Dec 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL

Service  sucks all time as if we owe them.. do not allow u to order drinks 1st, need to order everything together at one go.. so d*** rigid.. no desserts during dinner time.. end of e day, as if customers  r e one which need to listen to them..

Though e price is reasonable  but i will not come back again for sure.. what for get angry even before e start of e dinner
29 Jul 2014 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

Standard dropped, but still good.

18 Jul 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Terrible Food~ Service is like you owe them money... LS today as well...w**..

Had the worst thai food experience ever.

First off, the service was very terrible, I've ordered a long bean dish with a request that they do not add in the squid but was brushed off with a comment that "this is standard made,cannot change" .. made me think that the dish was cooked elsewhere....  in addition a request for the drinks to have lesser sugar was also brushed off with the same comment. ... *Not flexible at all, I'm not asking for alot. it's just a simple request*

first dish, pork stir fried with basil leaves.  They used low grade pork which was minced together with what felt like cartiledge and bones. Food was overly salty.

second dish, long bean with squid. Hardly any taste, long bean over cooked. chilli tasted sour...machiam spolit..

third dish, tom yam soup... lack favour.. only sour taste.. I can tell it it is those you buy from supermarket premix and not the authentic one.

Lastly, stomachache throughout the night..so no other place to suspect...