Back to Flavours At Zhongshan ParkLevel 1, Ramada Singapore, 16 Ah...

Kueh pie tee4 votes
Beef cheek rendang3 votes

DreamLove Eat
 • 09 Feb 2014 34 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Read my full review with more pictures at

The restaurant is quite spacious. The service staff was friendly and efficient. The buffet spread is peranakan style. I was a bit skeptical. Luckily, they do have the international cuisine such as cold prawns, cold crab, salmon sashimi, and sushi as well. The cold prawns are very fresh and the sashimi is also cut in thick slices.

Must tries: Roasted Beef

Buffet

SG Food on Foot
 • 01 Feb 2014 196 reviews 14 followers
Overall
Full review and photos, click HERE

With a new Executive Chef Melvin Lim on board and a bigger selection of Straits Chinese delights, I looked forward to my second visit to Flavours at Zhongshan Park since I last dine here back in July 2013. The new menu consists of a larger selection of Straits Chinese cuisine while maintaining a carefully selected mix of international and western favourites, providing customers with more dining options.

Not to be missed is the condiments freshly prepared by the kitchen at Flavours. The different chilli sauces were so good that we actually suggested to the restaurant to sell them.

Whetting the appetite, we started with a hearty hot piping Clear Oriental Oxtail Soup ($13.90) of slow cooked oxtail infused with herbs and spices.

I still remembered how tender the Braised Beef Cheek Rendang ($24.90) was when I tried it the last time. Once again the beef cheek rendang did not disappoint me. Cooked in a homemade spice paste with lemongrass infusion, the premium beef cheek cut simply melted in the mouth.

Looks the the chef has made some changes to the menu. Previously the tiger prawn was cooked in a chilli crab type gravy but now it is done in a tamarind gravy with pineapple and ginger bud. The new version of Tarmarind Prawn was just as good. It has a more refreshing and fruity finish. If the prawns have been more crunchy it would have been perfect.

Hoongy !
 • 09 Jan 2014 1729 reviews 244 followers
Overall
Located at Ramada Hotel, Flavours at Zhongshan Park offers hearty Peranakan food at a place near town, yet not far away from town.

There is a recent change in the kitchen and hence a new menu has been launched.

I recommend starting with the Clear Oriental Oxtail Soup, a herbal slow cooked soup to open up the palette.

From the main course menu, the Babi Kapitan, or pork ribs, has an interesting sweet after taste. For a more meatier bite, the Nonya Beef Rendang will do just that.

My must try though had to be the Ayam Buah Keluak. How can one not have that at a Peranakan restaurant?

For desserts, there are three heavy choices were trying. The Durian Pengat with Pandan Jelly consists of fresh durian with gula melaka.

Those preferring something a little lighter can go for the Pandan Tiramisu. Finally, those looking for something more traditional can go for the Sago Gula Melaka.

Overall, a heavy and hearty meal - one would certainly leave feeling full and satisfied.
Children/Family, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch