Back to Flavours At Zhongshan ParkLevel 1, Ramada Singapore, 16 Ah...

Kueh pie tee4 votes
Beef cheek rendang3 votes

Hoongy !
 • 09 Jan 2014 1840 reviews 253 followers
Overall
Located at Ramada Hotel, Flavours at Zhongshan Park offers hearty Peranakan food at a place near town, yet not far away from town.

There is a recent change in the kitchen and hence a new menu has been launched.

I recommend starting with the Clear Oriental Oxtail Soup, a herbal slow cooked soup to open up the palette.

From the main course menu, the Babi Kapitan, or pork ribs, has an interesting sweet after taste. For a more meatier bite, the Nonya Beef Rendang will do just that.

My must try though had to be the Ayam Buah Keluak. How can one not have that at a Peranakan restaurant?

For desserts, there are three heavy choices were trying. The Durian Pengat with Pandan Jelly consists of fresh durian with gula melaka.

Those preferring something a little lighter can go for the Pandan Tiramisu. Finally, those looking for something more traditional can go for the Sago Gula Melaka.

Overall, a heavy and hearty meal - one would certainly leave feeling full and satisfied.
Children/Family, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch

patzzzz
 • 13 Oct 2013 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
We ordered the fish assam pedas, baby kailan, belly pork salad and beef rendang.

The assam pedas was passable.
Baby Kailan - its an ordinary dish; if you cant cook it, what can I say?
Beef rendang - meat was well done - melt in your mouth but the rempah although thick had no kick whatsoever - there was no oomph to the taste.
Pork Belly Salad - nothing great.

I wouldnt go back - its not cheap and I was better off eating in Whampoa market food centre.

Chinkychiew
 • 26 Sep 2013 99 reviews 115 followers
Overall
The first time I dined at Flavours, I found food enjoyable but not memorable. However, on a more recent visit, I learnt that a new chef has taken over and the food quality has improved vastly.

I very much enjoyed the prawns - a dish that is sweet and spicy and savory all at once yet does not overshadow the freshness of the prawn.

The desserts too were great. I found myself torn between the Pandan Tiramisu (a familiar, child friendly version of the famous Italian dessert that retains the contrasting textures we love about the original version) and the durian pengat (served and meant to be mixed with an airy coconut foam).

I can proudly recommend and will be back for more.
Children/Family, Dinner, Large Groups