Review for Flavours At Zhongshan Park

AsianChineseDessertsHainanese
SG Food on Foot • 01 Feb 2014 • 205 Reviews • 20 Followers

New Executive Chef

Full review and photos, click HERE

With a new Executive Chef Melvin Lim on board and a bigger selection of Straits Chinese delights, I looked forward to my second visit to Flavours at Zhongshan Park since I last dine here back in July 2013. The new menu consists of a larger selection of Straits Chinese cuisine while maintaining a carefully selected mix of international and western favourites, providing customers with more dining options.

Not to be missed is the condiments freshly prepared by the kitchen at Flavours. The different chilli sauces were so good that we actually suggested to the restaurant to sell them.

Whetting the appetite, we started with a hearty hot piping Clear Oriental Oxtail Soup ($13.90) of slow cooked oxtail infused with herbs and spices.

I still remembered how tender the Braised Beef Cheek Rendang ($24.90) was when I tried it the last time. Once again the beef cheek rendang did not disappoint me. Cooked in a homemade spice paste with lemongrass infusion, the premium beef cheek cut simply melted in the mouth.

Looks the the chef has made some changes to the menu. Previously the tiger prawn was cooked in a chilli crab type gravy but now it is done in a tamarind gravy with pineapple and ginger bud. The new version of Tarmarind Prawn was just as good. It has a more refreshing and fruity finish. If the prawns have been more crunchy it would have been perfect.
Overall