Summary

Service3
Full Works, Pancakes, Red Velvet Cake, Apple Crumble with Berries, Banana walnut pancakes, Breakfast menu, Pork Ribs, Seafood Risotto, hot chocolate, Basil Almond Pesto Chicken Sandwich, Berry pancakes, Chai Spice Brulee Salmon, Cheese cake, Chocolate Pancakes with dark cherries and chocolate chunks, Desserts, Garlic Prawns with Coriander Linguine, Garlic prawn and capsicum linguine, Iced water, Pasta, Potato Gratin with Garlic Mushroom, Rich Dark Chocolate Cake, Scones, Steak, anything from the brunch menu, beef salad, chicken pesto linguine, crispy curry chicken and spicy chilli fries, peanut butter jelly pudding (yum!), toasted brioche, tofu salad, warm chocolate cake, washabi salad View all
Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Chillout, Children/Family, Girls Night Out, Hidden Find, Quiet, Large Groups/Gathering, After Work, Vibrant/Noisy, High Tea, People Watching, Romance/First Dates, Boys Night Out, Healthy Eating, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Cheap Eat/Budget, Business Breakfast View all

Good food but way too overpriced!

I've always been a fan of Food For Thought. I often visit the outlet at National Museum. This time i decided to try something different and visit the outlet near Singapore Art Museum! For more photos and details visit http://doriateo.blogspot.sg/2014/11/food-for-thought-queen-street.html

I was a bit dissapointed with the pricing here at the SAM outlet. I ordered their burgers, which was something new on their menu (you can't find this at the National Museum outlet). I had their pulled pork burger.

The pulled pork was marinated with BBQ sauce. That were some fried sweet potato bits in my burger so i thought that was an interesting twist. There was a good serving of vegetables in my burger. It was a good burger and definitely something for the health conscious.

However, it was way too overpriced. It was just $9 for a burger. No sides, no nothing, no whatever. And it was probably the size of a mcdonalds burger? I didn't feel satisfied after eating it.

That being said, the burger was decent enough. But because i personally thought it was too overpriced, i won't be getting this again. I'll probably stick to my full works breakfast instead.

The only good thing about this place was that there's no gst/service charge. Everything is self help though, which honestly i don't really mind.

Most helpful reviews for Food For Thought (Queen Street)

Simple Comfort Food

Here are some of the food tried: for more details visit http://dairycream.blogspot.sg/2012/10/food-for-thought.html

Pumpkin Cream Soup

Natural sweetness and thick in taste. Not too much cream added and a slight grainy texture gives a kind of rustic feel to this simple dish

Hoi Sin Marinated Baby Back Ribs With potato cheese gratin

Look at that long slab of meat, flavoursome but not too salty. Meat is tender with bits of fats. Good for sharing even btw 3 person. Salad is same as the cheese toast but lacks dressing

Butterscotch apple crumble with vanilla ice cream and sautéed cherries and berries (good for 2)

Ice cream came like a big snowball. Crumble is average and is more cakey lumpy rather than buttery or crunchy. Prefer apple slices to apple chunks and a pity only to have tasted the butterscotch sauce at the very end as it was buried at the base.

They have everything I like

Full post at http://takeko.blogspot.com/2012/03/food-review-food-for-thought-lunch-at-8.html

Because sharing is caring, it's time to shine the spotlight on Food for Thought near Bras Basah MRT and the Singapore Art Museum for the good food that it offers. It is already very packed most days, but Singaporeans are talented at finding these places like bee to a honey.

Their decor is also very chic and they have an incredibly high ceiling. I like how they suspend bottles and potted plants upside down as hanging decorations.

The reason why this place is very good is because it offers EVERYTHING that I like in a cafe. It has brunch, lunch, dinner, snacks, coffee and desserts. I used to frequent their original and much smaller branch near Cityhall MRT last time after yoga, but that place suffers from a serious ventilation problem. This one however, is quite well-ventilated, there's only a slight food smell.

So one day we decided to go there for lunch after finding out that Le Cuisson behind Bugis was closed (#$)#$(@)#!). So we WALKED there and it felt like a thousand miles long. But we made it. And they are open for lunch. We were famished!

Karen decided to order the Full Works ($18). I've had this before on a separate occasion. It's really really satisfying and a huge meal. I could wolf it down though if it's for brunch. They must have used.. 4 eggs in there to make the scrambled eggs. Those tater tots are so cute, and there's brioche served with it, which Josie really liked.

Josie ordered what I think is the Creamy Beef Striploin Linguine ($17). They used pumpkin as well with the beef, which was really good, but the overall sauce was too "gelak" and thick for Josie's taste. It got a bit too much halfway through, so I would not recommend this dish unless you are a huge fan of cream.

What me and another colleague ordered was the Basil Almond Pesto Chicken Linguine ($14). Josie thinks there is a bit too much basil inside, but for me I like it rather 'herby' so it was to my liking. The herbs mixed with olive oil also makes the dish very easy to consume, and the tomatoes and chicken is very fresh. There is however eggplant inside which I don't really eat.

Lastly, we wanted to have DESSERTS but everyone was just too full to put anything into their stomachs. I've done a post previously on their desserts: click to read it here!

The bottle love

My eyes

fixed themselves to the layered waves of bottles hanging over the counter.

There and then, I fell in love. Beautiful interiors, clear glass windows and a

display stage of old school items.

I just

wished the food was a tad bit more exciting given its fresh young concept.

At the end

of some heavy mind debate, I settled for the basic works – scrambled eggs,

bacon and toasted brioche with a top up of garlic mushrooms. All was mediocre

albeit for the toasted brioche which was rather mind boggling given that it’s

rich flavors associated it with a slice of toasted pound cake after being

pressed on the grill. Lovely.

Probably a

place more suited for small gatherings (lovely on the communal benches towards

the back of the restaurant) and tea time treats (try their carrot cake and red

velvet cake) in my honest opinion.

Expensive but nice place

First visted because it's a social enterprise and the restaurant really had nice deco and ambience. Subsequently the food wasn't as good and it's also much more expensive than other restaurants. Well I dont really see how they are giving back to the society so I stop going. Prefer to do my part for society elsewhere With more impact.

Food with no love

This is my fourth time there, the last being a year ago. Extremely disappointing. I placed my kids' order first, very soon after we sat down as we wanted to take a bit more time deciding on our own food. Even with the kids' order placed 5-10minutes early, the kitchen didnt even START prepping their food until all the adult dishes were served. It was a horrible half hour wait before our kids got their fried fish fingers and one pan cake. The restaurant was just 30% full at that time (like 5tables with lunch goers). 1) Kid's one single pancake was the longest wait, about half hour after order was placed. It was filled with chocolate chips, drenched in syrup, heaped with whipped cream covered with rainbow sprinkles. It was so terribly unhealthily thought out that my 3year refused to eat more than first bite. 2) Fish fingers were dry, served with fries. Not to forget, after being asked to check on the food 3 times, to compensate for the long wait, the servers went to the kitchen, took two scoops of pumpkin(?) soup and plonked it on our table with nothing more than saying "this is free. sorry for the wait." and walked away. The soup was so salty, no one could taste what it was, no one could drink it. The servers saw all these untouched food on our table, and didnt bother to ask too. We paid $50 for this meal. And had to go macdonalds for a healthier lunch.