Reviews for Food For Thought (Queen Street)

3.2

FusionWestern
Address: 8 Queen Street, 188535

Good food but way too overpriced!

I've always been a fan of Food For Thought. I often visit the outlet at National Museum. This time i decided to try something different and visit the outlet near Singapore Art Museum! For more photos and details visit http://doriateo.blogspot.sg/2014/11/food-for-thought-queen-street.html

I was a bit dissapointed with the pricing here at the SAM outlet. I ordered their burgers, which was something new on their menu (you can't find this at the National Museum outlet). I had their pulled pork burger.

The pulled pork was marinated with BBQ sauce. That were some fried sweet potato bits in my burger so i thought that was an interesting twist. There was a good serving of vegetables in my burger. It was a good burger and definitely something for the health conscious.

However, it was way too overpriced. It was just $9 for a burger. No sides, no nothing, no whatever. And it was probably the size of a mcdonalds burger? I didn't feel satisfied after eating it.

That being said, the burger was decent enough. But because i personally thought it was too overpriced, i won't be getting this again. I'll probably stick to my full works breakfast instead.

The only good thing about this place was that there's no gst/service charge. Everything is self help though, which honestly i don't really mind.
• 20 Apr 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Bad service and humid condition!

Overall
Food in general I would say is Ok but not great, price acceptable but some dishes' pricing could be lower. Now comes the main parts that I'm not pleased with which is their service and the cafe condition.
 Firstly is on the cafe condition, I do not know whether the cafe air-conditioner is spoiled or something, but since there were many fans around, I assumed it is not working. Due to the hot weather, all of us felt quite humid inside the cafe, therefore if it is a standard cafe pricing, this portion has failed one of the basic expectations.
 Putting the spoiled air-conditioner aside, since there were fans around, I thought it was still a decent solution to minimize the humidity inside, sadly the fan isn't strong enough to cover all areas. Now comes the service part, I asked one of the stuffs to adjust the fan direction towards us because the humidity level is making us uncomfortable while having our lunch, the joke is he told me that the fan power cable is not long enough and then just walked away, what the heck does this kind of reply supposed to mean? Your cafe condition is already not pleasing and now your staff giving me such rubbish reply, what's next made me even more pissed off is on clearing the empty plates; you should know your table is not that HUGE that we can put so many dishes/plates on it at the same time, it was a ridicules scene when one of your female staffs brought over a new dish to us, instead of clearing away the empty plate that my friend had finished, she just stood there and wait for my friend to take the new dish from her, best part? she just walked away without clearing the used plate and I have to put the used plate at the other table so that my friend has sufficient space to put the new dish.

I'm not sure what message does 'Food For Thought' trying to transmit to their customers but from what I see here is a 'High-class' kopitiam / Hawker. I have about 8 years of experiences in F&B industry, while I understand the job is tough to meet different customers' expectation, these basic services had failed badly. To improve on it is up to your business owners to manage as the fact that this cafe has establish a decent reputation in the market, however nowadays such cafes concept are so commonly seen around and also providing decent food quality and pricing, sustaining a business is no longer not that straight forward as in the past.

• 07 Nov 2014 • 19 reviews • 0 follower

Good food but way too overpriced!

• Pulled pork burger for $9 with no sides
• 06 Mar 2014 • 12 reviews • 0 follower

Chilled out brunch

Overall
Took the kids to the SAM the other weekend and had a good chilled weekend brunch at Food for Thought.
For a full review click here.