Back to Food Haven The RestaurantSingapore Polytechnic, 500 Dover...

Princess J
 • 20 Oct 2011 335 reviews 12 followers
Overall
Was attending a talk at Singapore Poly Guild House and was recommended that we try the Sunday buffet spread at Food Haven at Gate 3.

Hubby and I took the suggestion and tried it. While the range of their spread is not include much seafood, the taste is really quite good. Of special mention was their braised pork ribs and roast beef slice. Both done brilliantly! Their other dishes like their omelette ham were also not too bad, generally good taste!

The best part is the price really, it's under $20 (can't remember exact amount) for a lazy well-served lunch!! Plus parking is readily available. What more can you ask for ?!? Sure I'll be back again!!

Lunch, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy, Hidden Find

Caleb Lim
 • 09 May 2011 229 reviews 39 followers
Overall
I normally don't write strong review like this one but my experience over the past few months led me to think that this restaurant is really problematic.

I really like the buffet lunch at Food Haven, for about $10 (I am always being blanjahed, so I don't know the exact cost). The spread is really good, dishes tasty and ambiance is nice.

I brought my family there on a Sat for lunch and my wife developed diarrhea from the laska she had which left her in pain for the whole day + she has to see a doc. My kids had fish and chips and which has a plastic after taste.

So I wrote in to give feedback on my wife diarrhea and it s only after > 1 week that I received a week apology from the mgmt. They asked for the doc receipt so that they can reimburse me the amt but we threw the receipt away already. Then they offered a $40 food voucher and after I provided my mailing address, there was no response for about 6 weeks!

I went to Food Haven for a meal with a friend and I asked the mgr about the $40 voucher. He as adamant that there was no such thing even after I show him the e-mail he sent to me!

Fortunately at the end of the meal, he finally acknowledge the he has the e-mail and excused himself by saying that it ended in the spam folder. So he waived the $20 bill.

However there is still a $20 balance, which he conveniently forgot. I just gave up on asking them again, I think Food Haven service is the worst restaurant I have seen in Singapore.

Tan Tommy
 • 15 May 2010 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I was there with a few colleague at Food Court #3, Stall No. 10 western food. The food served at this stall was excellent and the price is so cheap. A griled Chicken chop set, Grilled Fish Set, Fish & Chips is only at $3.80!! The beef sirlion steak set is only at $4.50. It is served in large portion with salad n choice of French Fries, Mesh Potato, Spagetti or White Rice. The cheese fries is simply tasty n fantastic. So cheap n definetly value for money! The stall owner serves with a smile....
Cheap Eat/Budget, Dinner, Take Away