Reviews for Food Haven The Restaurant

AsianBeerChineseIndianIndonesianInternationalLocalMalay / IndonesianMalaysianSingaporeanSouth IndianVegetarianWine
chefquak

Comfort Food 15pax Dinner @ Singapore Polytechnic Food Haven on 22Jul2014

See my full reviews & photos at = http://chefquak.com/2014/07/25/15pax-dinner-singapore-polytechnic-food-haven-on-22jul2014/

we had our monthly get-together at singapore polytechnic food haven on 22.7.2014. we had 15pax. the place basically served zi char food in an air-con restaurant ambience. we had 20% discount & no service charge as our organiser is a staff at SP.  #1 cereal prawns was pretty ok, competent, flavour was good, though batter a bit much. #2 tofu soup was ordinary like any tofu soup. #3 i liked the presentation of the steamed seabass, like a fish swimming in the water. it was done teochew style with mildly sour soup from salted vege & sour plum. fish was fresh & good as a seabass could be.  #4 beef with ginger & spring onions (姜葱牛肉) was also competent, like a good zi char eating house. beef was tender OR should i say tenderised. #5 likewise the claypot tofu. a good competent dish. #6 sweet sour pork ribs was good too. & so was the #7 fuyong egg? #8 sambal kang kong was another common, simple, tasty dish i liked. a friend commented that the skin of the #9 red beans pancake was too thick. indeed so! the dough flavour was good though so i did not mind the tucker skin. #10 mixed fruits were good like any. a friend brought some ‘healthy’ baked cookies. it had nuts (almonds & walnuts), raisins & cranberries, and not too sweet, so healthy indeed, for cookies that is. it was good! haha. :-) another very pleasant evening.  time passed too quickly. a few friends did not join so often so it was good occasion for catching up. there were few other patrons & we almost had the restuarant to ourselves..haha. :-) food was pretty ok, competent. with all the staff discounts the cost was just S$12pax, cheaper than most coffeeshops zi char.
25 Jul 2014 • 224 reviews • 1 follower

Comfort Food 15pax Dinner @ Singapore Polytechnic Food Haven on 22Jul2014

20 Oct 2011 • 387 reviews • 13 followers

What a Find!

Was attending a talk at Singapore Poly Guild House and was recommended that we try the Sunday buffet spread at Food Haven at Gate 3.

Hubby and I took the suggestion and tried it. While the range of their spread is not include much seafood, the taste is really quite good. Of special mention was their braised pork ribs and roast beef slice. Both done brilliantly! Their other dishes like their omelette ham were also not too bad, generally good taste!

The best part is the price really, it's under $20 (can't remember exact amount) for a lazy well-served lunch!! Plus parking is readily available. What more can you ask for ?!? Sure I'll be back again!!

09 May 2011 • 257 reviews • 39 followers

Diarrhea from laksa on Sat

I normally don't write strong review like this one but my experience over the past few months led me to think that this restaurant is really problematic.

I really like the buffet lunch at Food Haven, for about $10 (I am always being blanjahed, so I don't know the exact cost). The spread is really good, dishes tasty and ambiance is nice.

I brought my family there on a Sat for lunch and my wife developed diarrhea from the laska she had which left her in pain for the whole day + she has to see a doc. My kids had fish and chips and which has a plastic after taste.

So I wrote in to give feedback on my wife diarrhea and it s only after > 1 week that I received a week apology from the mgmt. They asked for the doc receipt so that they can reimburse me the amt but we threw the receipt away already. Then they offered a $40 food voucher and after I provided my mailing address, there was no response for about 6 weeks!

I went to Food Haven for a meal with a friend and I asked the mgr about the $40 voucher. He as adamant that there was no such thing even after I show him the e-mail he sent to me!

Fortunately at the end of the meal, he finally acknowledge the he has the e-mail and excused himself by saying that it ended in the spam folder. So he waived the $20 bill.

However there is still a $20 balance, which he conveniently forgot. I just gave up on asking them again, I think Food Haven service is the worst restaurant I have seen in Singapore.