Summary

seafood pancake, cold noodles, BBQ beef, BBQ meats, NengMyun, kimchi stew, galbi stew, Haemul Pajeon, Mushroom JunGol, beef rib, gaia specialty meat, ginseng chicken soup, kimchi, stir-fried vermicelli, toufu miso soup, yukkaejang View all
Dinner, Lunch, Children/Family, After Work, Large Groups/Gathering, Business Dining, Quiet, Vibrant/Noisy, BBQ, Chillout, Healthy Eating, Girls Night Out, Wine Lists, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Boys Night Out, Live Band, Private Dining, Relaxed, Ala Carte, Hidden Find, People Watching View all

Authentic taste in a convenient location

Was surprised by finding a place that serves authentic tasting Korean food in Holland Village. Besides they have some interesting dishes with a Southeast Asian twist, good balance. Loved the small dish appetizers, they seem to be freshly made. Extra points for using the kind of grill that sucks in the smoke, so no need to worry about smelling like BBQ for the rest of the day. Totally recommended.

Most helpful reviews for Gaia Korean Restaurant

Nice food, good service at a reasonable price

Our reservation was at 7 but they took us in early and served tea and side dishes quickly. I love the variety of side dishes and we had them refilled 7 times throughout the meal. At first we were given 6 types then we had 7 types! And when there were new ones they would give it to us. The tea was nice too but the staff were a bit too busy to keep refilling for us. As for the kimchi stew we ordered, it was fantastic! I love the kimchi soup base! And it was chocked full of ingredients. The grilled chicken was served with vegetables and was fine too. The kimchi seafood pancake was very tasty though I didn't see much seafood.

Nice place to have a relaxing dinner

Had a very relaxing BBQ dinner with my husband seated outdoors. Not sure if I'll like it that much if I have to sit indoors. The owner is very friendly and that makes us feel very at home. Food was good though I'm not clear why I have to be doing the cutting up of raw chicken soaked in melted water, which is quite messy and unhygenic looking. The beef and pork was very tasty though, will not order chicken next time.

Wholesome Korean Food

One thing I like about this place is the great variety of side dishes given, this week, it could be bean sprouts, vegetables, lotus roots, next week, it could be tofu, potato, radish, another week, another entirely different set of cold side dishes, only the kimchi remains the staple of the cold dishes. So it is hard to get bored coming to this place for a meal and it definitely helps a lot that the most of the side dishes are quite tasty and appetizing. However, I feel that appetizers are more of home-cooked food standard instead of restaurant standard.

My only complant is that the kimchi tends to be a bit too spicy as compared to the Chongga kimchi I love. The grilled meats being thoroughly marinated with a delicious sauce, are fresh, tasty, delicious and juicy. The ginseng chicken soup is not too salty and tasted full of ginseng goodness.

The place is nice, simple and clean, the staffs are generally okay, they seem to be really busy, so it is kind of hard to catch their attention.

This is the place I'll go to whenever I want to eat Korean food.

This review (with pictures) can be found on my blog: http://morsels-of-delice.blogspot.sg/2014/09/gaia-korean-restaurant-yummy-korean-food.html

YUMMY!

The side dishes were so less. we love the bbq so much. seafood pancake was not really ok. better go there on foot because parking is a real challenging part when you go at holland village

daebak!

Best Korean Restaurant we've tried in Singapore. Terrific service & ambience, fantastic food & all reasonably priced. Parking close by.