Review for Gaia Korean Restaurant

AsianKorean
Address: 17E Lorong Liput, 277731
28 Jan 2014
Overall

My favorite Korean restaurant in Singapore!

This is truly my favorite restaurant in Singapore. As a Korean who truly values good food, Gaia has real authentic Korean taste, which you cant get anywhere else in Singapore. They use only the best meat and fresh ingredients. I never get the same "banchan" (small appetizers given away for free) as they make fresh ones and new varieties everyday. Kimchi is unlike other restaurants in Singapore, as the owner herself (a reknown cooking teacher and a author of a Korean Cookbook) makes it and I heard that even the most basic ingredient such as salt is toasted prior to being served as thats the way to bring out the taste.
My favorite recommendations are:
1. Jumulluck (marinated beef)
2. Classic Kimchi Stew (kimchi jjigae)
3. seafood pancake
4. ugeojigalbitang
5. bibim neng myung (spicy cold noodle!! this is my ultimate favorite)

I heard they are moving to Holland Village in February as Suntec goes for renovation. Looking forward to the new GAIA!!!
seafood pancake, cold noodles, BBQ beef, kimchi stew

More reviews of Gaia Korean Restaurant

Overall

Nice place to have a relaxing dinner

Had a very relaxing BBQ dinner with my husband seated outdoors. Not sure if I'll like it that much if I have to sit indoors. The owner is very friendly and that makes us feel very at home. Food was good though I'm not clear why I have to be doing the cutting up of raw chicken soaked in melted water, which is quite messy and unhygenic looking. The beef and pork was very tasty though, will not order chicken next time.

Wholesome Korean Food

One thing I like about this place is the great variety of side dishes given, this week, it could be bean sprouts, vegetables, lotus roots, next week, it could be tofu, potato, radish, another week, another entirely different set of cold side dishes, only the kimchi remains the staple of the cold dishes. So it is hard to get bored coming to this place for a meal and it definitely helps a lot that the most of the side dishes are quite tasty and appetizing. However, I feel that appetizers are more of home-cooked food standard instead of restaurant standard.

My only complant is that the kimchi tends to be a bit too spicy as compared to the Chongga kimchi I love. The grilled meats being thoroughly marinated with a delicious sauce, are fresh, tasty, delicious and juicy. The ginseng chicken soup is not too salty and tasted full of ginseng goodness.

The place is nice, simple and clean, the staffs are generally okay, they seem to be really busy, so it is kind of hard to catch their attention.

This is the place I'll go to whenever I want to eat Korean food.

This review (with pictures) can be found on my blog: http://morsels-of-delice.blogspot.sg/2014/09/gaia-korean-restaurant-yummy-korean-food.html

YUMMY!

The side dishes were so less. we love the bbq so much. seafood pancake was not really ok. better go there on foot because parking is a real challenging part when you go at holland village

daebak!

Best Korean Restaurant we've tried in Singapore. Terrific service & ambience, fantastic food & all reasonably priced. Parking close by.

Healthy Korean Food with nice ambience

Read my full review with more pictures

The side dishes were quite small portion for 4 of us. I like the bbq meat platter and seafood pancake. The pancake not was not really crispy but i still like it. Be there early if you are driving as Holland Village is hard to find parking lots.