Back to Grub510 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1

People Watching3 votes

pickledpeas
 • 15 Oct 2014 148 reviews 6 followers
Overall
See the full review with pictures at: http://pickledpeas.wordpress.com/2014/10/15/lunch-at-grub/

We went on a weekday afternoon, for which they are open now, but with a reduced menu (compared to the weekend brunch menu for example)

We tried their cream of mushroom soup which was rather meh. No blended mushrooms or anything like that. And then we decided to try two of their burgers! I think this was a mistake.

We had the deep fried fish burger and the deep fried chicken burger with kaffir lime mayo. In both cases the breading was much too thick and made one really full (there are buns with the meat, but the breading would have sufficed as far as carbs go). The kaffir lime mayo and the tartar sauce is really quite good but there is too little of it.

The mentaiko fries, which were what I came here for, were really good as usual. I liked the mentaiko pasta as well, although the dried shrimp was a little tough/chewy so one spends a lot of time chewing through those instead of getting the al dente bite of the pasta.

Recommendation: I still like this place, but I would rather come for weekend brunch, where they have their oeuf en cocotte (which is amazing), and I’d still always order the mentaiko fries. I’d stay away from their burgers though!

Little Gwen
 • 11 Oct 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Celebrated my birthday there with a bff on a friday noon. Limited seating capacity as the place is really small. If you sit at the balcony area during the noon.. it can be very warm, but indoor is usually full house. Reservation is not available. Thus, do come early if you wish to sit indoor. Lunch starts from 11am.

The Fish Burger was perfectly breaded and fried. Fresh and juicy. Even my friend who is afraid of fishy taste, enjoy the dish. The hand-made beef patty for cheeseburger was tender and thick in portion. Yuzu mint soda is refreshing - a must try!

They have like 6 burgers, 3 pastas, 6 appetizers n 6 dessets to choose from. Very straight forward menu (others may find the  food variety too limited).

Be careful of the birds in the park. A bird shitted on my bff. A service crew offered us a glass of water n serviettes to clean the mess on her laptop bag. Very helpful :)

Must tries: Fish burger, Grub Cheeseburger

Chillout

Victoria Zheng
 • 02 Oct 2014 7 reviews 0 follower
Overall
The burger was cold and the flavours weren't even great.

the fries were under seasoned

the fish burger was akin to a frozen dory battered, deepfried and then stuffed between 2 buns

Service was kinda non-existant.