Review for Grub

Western
Address: 510 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1, 569983
13 Jul 2014

Dining @ Park

They started off from teaching cooking, then they ventured into opening a restaurant.  Inside, there is a section for them to conduct cooking lessons as well.  I went there and ordered their food during evening time.

It was cooling weather, and easily to find this place.  I ordered the burger & fries. What amazed me that they recommended macaroon as dessert for us.  The best part, I liked their bottle of beers, uncommonly to be found elsewhere.  And sweet taste for me too.
Grub Cheeseburger

More reviews of Grub

Purple Taste: GRUB @ Bishan Park 1

First time visiting during lunch hour on a weekday. To get here, one could take a cab and drop off at the Bishan Park carpark. Informed the taxi uncle to take us via Sin Ming Avenue.

The days of the long queues might have passed, but this place is still pretty busy during lunch hour. Lunch sets are priced at $15 and $17 and you'll get additional cake, on top of your burger or main course. Quite a good deal, considering that the average cost for a burger is about $13, so that $2 extra would nett you a decent slice of cake for desserts. If you get a pasta dish, for example one that costs $17, then with the lunch set, the cake would practically pay for itself. Free, even better!

lunch set
 Had tried the fish burger and the cheeseburger during previous visit, so this time round, went for the Har Cheong Gai Burger. I can almost imagine how it would taste like. Yums.

Food was served pretty fast. All burgers come with fries, but one could opt for a small salad as well. Needed my greens, so no prize for guessing what I had. Tangy vinaigrette and pleasingly sourish.

The patty for the har cheong gai was fried till a deep brown colour. Very very crispy batter. Am thinking that if the burger was served with those fragrant sambal belachan, then the oomph factor would probably have shot up by twofold!

Har Cheong Gai Burger @$13++ (ala-carte), or $15++ (lunch set) are we ready?
 Liked the portion of the meat. Easy to slice through and it was juicy thigh meat encased in crispy prawn paste batter. The prawn paste taste was rather mild but one could still detect it. The crispy batter somehow reminded me of luncheon meat chips.

juicy thigh meat
 For the cakes, there were adequate options and variety to choose from. On our day of visit, there were about 6 cakes options and a key lime pie.

rainbow cake, key lime pie, lavender earl grey, ondeh-ondeh and milk tea cake
 The top two cakes for me was the rainbow cake and the ondeh-ondeh cake. Don't you feel happy, just by looking at those colourful layers of soft sponge?

Sakura Ebi Pasta too dry

Went to GRUB for dinner with a friend awhile ago. I would not say this is ulu as there are 4 buses that goes to this place from Ang Mo Kio MRT. I have heard raving reviews about their Sakura Ebi Pasta so i decided to grab my friend to try this out with me. He ordered other food instead though.

Anyways, Did not quite like it. This was cooked in the agilo olio style. It was rather dry to me, Feels like like dry BCM. This was drizzled in mentaiko sauce with fried sakura ebi and big succulent prawns. I feel that they can be more generous with their mentaiko. :)

Full review: http://nickeatfood.blogspot.sg/2015/12/review-grub-cafe-at-bishan-park.html

Grub: Food that we serve our own FAMILIES

Brunch time. It is the Grub breakfast set comes with a cup of coffee or tea or canned drink. You can choose between the chicken cheese or the garlic thyme pork sausage. It comes with scramble eggs with grilled focaccia, mushroom and salads. It is a big breakfast.

For my full review of this restaurant and some pictures of the breakfast set, please visit, http://wp.me/skCKL-grub

Thank you.

Pets unfriendly

Was  scrolling my dog , saw this place so decided to give it a try . One word , unfriendly . To dogs especially, asked me to leave my dog outside for about 3 meters . Won't come back next time ever again

Grub breakfast set

For full review, please visit https://phuachiuyen.wordpress.com/2015/08/08/grub-bishan-park/

GRUB breakfast set – with a coffee/tea/homemade or canned drink ($15) – grilled focaccia, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, side salad – choice of chicken cheese or garlic thyme pork saussage