Ayam Buah Keluak5 votes
Otak Otak3 votes

MollyMia
 • 28 Apr 2014 35 reviews 0 follower
Overall
for full review, visit http://molly-mia.blogspot.sg/2014/04/mias-review-guan-hoe-soon-peranakan.html

love the otak otak (though really pretty pricey) and ngoh hiang. the chap chye is pretty decent too, but it actually tasted just like what my mum and grandma will cook at home.
service wise is a little bit slow in terms of rsponse. i guess it's because they're really busy with a full house when we're there...

Must tries: Otak Otak, Ngo Hiang, Ayam Buah Keluak

Children/Family, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering

AlloAllo
 • 16 Sep 2013 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
After reading the raving reviews, we decided to try out GHS for our Peranakan fix. Not least to say, we were disappointed with the quality and portion for the prices.

Beef rendang $12 - 5 thin pieces in a gooey sauce! Most disappointing!
Otah otah $8 - 1 piece, 3" size, ok taste but $8?!

Thankfully, the Chap chye and Ngoh Hiong are the saving grace with not bad quality and serving size.

Definitely "oldest" but no where near the best Peranakan restaurants around, when they want to charge such prices and serve in melamine dishes, like Ivins!

melvo86
 • 04 Aug 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
I've been frequenting this restaurant with my family for many years now, and the quality of the food has not changed.

Dishes that are a must try there include the Ayam Buah Keluak, Hainanese Pork Chop and Babi Panggang.

The last item is an off-menu dish that's only available on weekends. It's roasted by the Chef and marinated with a spice paste that's definitely different from the Cantonese Siew Yoke that you'd expect.

He usually makes it in limited quantities so be sure to get to the restaurant early to secure your order!

Must tries: Ayam Buah Keluak, Babi Panggang