Reviews for Haagen-Dazs (Holland Village)

AmericanDesserts
Hoongy !

Girl's Day Out

I remember the old days of Haagen-Dazs at Holland Village, where I could go for the occasional ice cream and catch up with friends in a casual setting. Fast forward a few months later and Haagen-Dazs has started to revamp itself to differentiate itself from the competition that is coming up from independent ice cream stalls.

For a start, they have launched a recent campaign called Girl's Day Out from now till the end of May in which the concept of plush red chairs would do well to reach out to the aspiring teenage tai tais.

I must admit that I was like a fish out of water recently when I checked out the concept, but the taste of ice cream soon help me forget the environment that I was in.

Looking to start? Go with the Petite Temptations ($18), consisting of five mini scoops of cookies and cream ice cream seated on cookies.

Looking for the full blown stuff? Go for the High Tea Affair ($38), consisting of three layers of goodies. Starting from the top, there are three mini scoops each of Cookie Dough Chip, Belgian Chocolate and Strawberry ice cream; followed by a choice of 6 delicate ice cream macaroons and finally, pieces of kiwis, raspberries and grapes. The only downside is that I would avoid the kiwis as it may create a very contrasting sour finish to the otherwise sweet ice cream flavours.

Well there you have it, all you tai-tais in the making. This is training ground 101.

16 Feb 2014 • 4 reviews • 0 follower

Don't bother.

Decided to drop by for after-dinner dessert with girlfriend, huge mistake and waste of money. Sat alfresco, no one served us even though servicing staff came out a few times for a lookaround. After asking for the menu, and finally placed our orders, we were shocked at the poor presentation of food- 1brownie+2scoops of melting ice cream, plain on a plate. Sat for 3hours, and no one came along to top up water or tried asking if we needed something else. Called for bill, and apparently our order wasn't even registered?! We could've just walked..? Disappointing for an international label. Even a
14 Sep 2013 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

uncompassionate manager kicks out guide dog

o horrible. no flexibility, i hate zero tolerance policies, as a society we shouldnt support businesses like this. should apologize for action asap.
08 Sep 2013 • 1 review • 0 follower

Absolutely no empathy at all. Should boycott!

They chases away a customer because she had a guide dog with Her. And yes she's blind. whats wrong with you guys?! Don't give the religion bull c*** reason because these are working dogs.