Summary

Service2

Girl's Day Out

Food/Drink 4 | Value N/A | Ambience 3 | Service N/A

I remember the old days of Haagen-Dazs at Holland Village, where I could go for the occasional ice cream and catch up with friends in a casual setting. Fast forward a few months later and Haagen-Dazs has started to revamp itself to differentiate itself from the competition that is coming up from independent ice cream stalls.

For a start, they have launched a recent campaign called Girl's Day Out from now till the end of May in which the concept of plush red chairs would do well to reach out to the aspiring teenage tai tais.

I must admit that I was like a fish out of water recently when I checked out the concept, but the taste of ice cream soon help me forget the environment that I was in.

Looking to start? Go with the Petite Temptations ($18), consisting of five mini scoops of cookies and cream ice cream seated on cookies.

Looking for the full blown stuff? Go for the High Tea Affair ($38), consisting of three layers of goodies. Starting from the top, there are three mini scoops each of Cookie Dough Chip, Belgian Chocolate and Strawberry ice cream; followed by a choice of 6 delicate ice cream macaroons and finally, pieces of kiwis, raspberries and grapes. The only downside is that I would avoid the kiwis as it may create a very contrasting sour finish to the otherwise sweet ice cream flavours.

Well there you have it, all you tai-tais in the making. This is training ground 101.

Most helpful reviews for Häagen-Dazs (Holland Village)

Avoid. Head over to the daily scoop at chip bee gardens for a better experience

For a premium ice cream brand, it was an awful experience.  We've been there twice now and will probably never go back. Orders took ages to arrive on both occasions, the second time we decided to leave - it was impossible to get the attention of a wait staff in spite of the sheer number of them working there. The air con inside was broken and it was incredibly stuffy so we sat outside but in their bid to remain pretentious they placed planters all around leaving no way for strollers to get through. staff offered no help as we struggled. the ice cream is great but service and ambience terrible. head over to cold storage amf grab yourself  a pint of ice cream to enjoy at home instead.

Boo! Felt Cheated.

My friends and I were craving for ice cream with waffle that day and the nearby cafe that we wanted to visit was extremely packed. Therefore, we decided to give this place a try but it was really a bad decision made! The service was poor, staff is never attentive. I always thought there should be some standard for Haagen Dazs ice cream, but it somehow taste too ordinary and the waffle is literally tasteless. My friends and I felt cheated as we are sure that for the price we paid, we can get something a lot better at other ice cream parlor!

Don't bother.

Food/Drink 1 | Value 1 | Ambience 1 | Service N/A

Decided to drop by for after-dinner dessert with girlfriend, huge mistake and waste of money. Sat alfresco, no one served us even though servicing staff came out a few times for a lookaround. After asking for the menu, and finally placed our orders, we were shocked at the poor presentation of food- 1brownie+2scoops of melting ice cream, plain on a plate. Sat for 3hours, and no one came along to top up water or tried asking if we needed something else. Called for bill, and apparently our order wasn't even registered?! We could've just walked..? Disappointing for an international label. Even a regular standup gelatissimo would've been more money well-spent.

uncompassionate manager kicks out guide dog

Food/Drink N/A | Value N/A | Ambience N/A | Service 1

so horrible. no flexibility, i hate zero tolerance policies, as a society we shouldnt support businesses like this. should apologize for action asap.

Absolutely no empathy at all. Should boycott!

They chases away a customer because she had a guide dog with Her. And yes she's blind. whats wrong with you guys?! Don't give the religion bull c*** reason because these are working dogs.