Review for Hansang Korean Family Restaurant

AsianKorean
Address: #03-32 to 35/40 to 44, Novena Square 2, 10 Sinaran Drive, 307506
10 Jan 2009

More than Decent

Having had an insipid yuegaejung at a korean stall at Century Sqaure food court recently, I was terribly apprehensive of the korean stall at Square 2's food court as well. Eyeing the tired looking dish of kimchi at the counter, decided to skip it. Wondering one floor down, found Hamsang. Despite having been well past lunch time, it had a good number of tables occupied. Service was swift, thoughtful and professional. The Filipino gentleman who served me even kindly pulled up a chair for my bag.

As I was alone, settled for a bulgogi ($15) which came with the meat served on a hot plate, 6 types of side dishes (including some of the freshest tasting kimchi I have had in a long while) and an appetizer comprising 3 delicately presented items (black beans, anchovies and pumpkin squash). The rice came in a stone bowl with a red date, a piece sweet potato and a slice of pumpkin. The service staff kindly asked if I would prefer it dished out into another bowl or to have it straight from the hotpot (thoughtful).

The main dish of meat tasted fine (a notch above the foodcourt standard), the sides were more than okay and I enjoyed the appetizer, particularly the sweetened black beans.

Granted this is not the best Korean food I've had, it was respectable in view of the price. I'll be back for more

More reviews of Hansang Korean Family Restaurant

Overall

Excellent food and service today!

Scrumptious lunch set- SSAM BOB (Assorted Fresh Vegetables with
 choice of beef and Mixed Grain Rice and Bean Paste Stew) and refilled Roasted Hot Barley tea
(boricha)
Realised food and service are commendable when Korean female boss and her mother, eo meo ni are around to supervise Filipina servers who tend to be laid back at times:P

Bad Service

Food was below standard and overpriced.

The staff were seen crowding at the counter area and they were not very attentive to customers.

I requested for a pair of chopsticks and spoon ( as the utensils box was not on my table), one of the
 staff told me to wait with a hand signal. I waited and apparently he has forgotten my request.

One Korean auntie( whom I believed is the owner) stood in front of me for sometime , pointed and scooped the remains of the stew as if " why I didn't finish eating etc".

This will be my last visit here.
Overall

pls dont waste your money

Worst korean food ever: big money for small portion, taste really like i dont want to say. No service, they dont clean the table before serving coffe.
Overall

A bit pricey for just ok food

I find the pricing a bit too high for just ok food standard and service.

I ordered the Omijia tea. It came in a small cup, and disappointingly, no top up! $3.50 and no top up and such small cup somemore. Hmm...

The bimbimbak rice I ordered is also so so. Rice is too soft and went. Not too bad tasting. Overpriced. No top ups of side dishes. :-(

Environment wise, a bit old and chaotic. Apart from that, quite ok.

If I'll go back? Perhaps.

Hansang - not too bad

I often passed by Hansang Korean Restaurant at Novena Square 2, and decided to give it a try. Truth be knownst, other than the Korean BBQ lunch I had at Awon Korean Restaurant (Excelsior Hotel) years ago - which was supposedly a very authentic Korean restaurant, I seldom take Korean food in Singapore.    Hence, I decided it was time for another Korean meal in Singapore. The traditional looking Hansang Restaurant is resplendent in shades of white and beige, light wood furniture and a cosy setting   Chicken Bibimbap came - served with a fried egg - the ones I ate in Korea came with raw / semi-raw egg which I could mix easily into the bowl of rice and vegetables. I loved the spicy Kimchi taste and large beansprouts of Bibimbap (hot stone bowl with rice and assortment of vegetables) but for the one served here, I did not get much Kimchi overture, so I had to add them from the array of side dishes. The overall combination when mixed together, still tasted pretty good.   Then the Korean Ginseng Chicken - very tender chicken flesh that was mentingly soft, and tiny grains of glutinuous rice reckoned into a hot Ginseng brew. The taste was very bland - we did not know if it was because it was meant to be so, or if our tastebuds were conditioned to enjoy the bolder Ginseng flavor in Chinese Ginseng brew.    For more detailed information and photos, do feel free to visit: http://thearcticstar.blogspot.sg/2013/12/lunch-at-hansang-korean-restaurant.html