Review for Hansang Korean Family Restaurant

Address: #03-32 to 35/40 to 44, Novena Square 2, 10 Sinaran Drive, 307506
10 Jan 2009 • 18 Reviews • 0 Follower

More than Decent

Overall
Having had an insipid yuegaejung at a korean stall at Century Sqaure food court recently, I was terribly apprehensive of the korean stall at Square 2's food court as well. Eyeing the tired looking dish of kimchi at the counter, decided to skip it. Wondering one floor down, found Hamsang. Despite having been well past lunch time, it had a good number of tables occupied. Service was swift, thoughtful and professional. The Filipino gentleman who served me even kindly pulled up a chair for my bag.

As I was alone, settled for a bulgogi ($15) which came with the meat served on a hot plate, 6 types of side dishes (including some of the freshest tasting kimchi I have had in a long while) and an appetizer comprising 3 delicately presented items (black beans, anchovies and pumpkin squash). The rice came in a stone bowl with a red date, a piece sweet potato and a slice of pumpkin. The service staff kindly asked if I would prefer it dished out into another bowl or to have it straight from the hotpot (thoughtful).

The main dish of meat tasted fine (a notch above the foodcourt standard), the sides were more than okay and I enjoyed the appetizer, particularly the sweetened black beans.

Granted this is not the best Korean food I've had, it was respectable in view of the price. I'll be back for more
Recommended for