Back to Hatched267 Holland Avenue

Breakfast7 votes

AlamakGirl
 • 22 Jul 2014 64 reviews 1 follower
Overall
It is located in the middle of a row of shophouses. It looks quite unique fronted with rows of potted plants. Inside the cafe, it is filled with simple wooden chairs and tables, with light bulbs brightening the place. The wall is filled colourful hand drawn pictures.

Pasta Aglio Olio ($14++)
Pasta lightly tossed with Olive Oil & Chilli, topped with Mushrooms
It looks a bit too oily, but still alright.

Papillote ($16++)
Smoked salmon folded over scrambled eggs on toast, topped with sour cream, served with sauteed potatoes.
It is a way too salty dish, especially for the smoked salmon.

Breakfast Burrito ($16++)
Scrambled eggs and fried chicken stuffed in a Burrito, for a great breakfast you can wrap your hands around
This one takest the longest to be served. I wish it is more hot.

Beef Pot Pie ($18++)
Indulge in a tantalizing beef stew ladled into a bread pot, topped with scrambled eggs.
The dish is served with a bit of greens by the side. The scrambled egg is not creamy and I feel it is a bit overcooked. It is not the usual braised until tender beef stew. Instead it is beef steak strips in brown sauce. The meat is a bit tough. The worst is the oversalty sauce which I have to drink lots of water in order to make myself finish the meal.

Cheese Fries ($12++)
Chunky steak fries smothered with cheese sauce, sour cream, jalapenos and bacon bits. Good for sharing.
The fries is not crispy and tastes a bit hard. It looks drown in oil with its dull colour.

Overall it quite a cozy place to be in and we stay quite awhile in there. Iced water is served free and the staff refilled them regularly. Plates are cleared quite swiftly. The place is quite quiet at night. Through out the whole meal, there is only 4 tables filled with about 11 customers around. Hi guys, if you have dogs, you will be able to dine in here. There is a customer who dines in the outdoor with his big sized dog by him.

Hazelleo
 • 27 Mar 2014 69 reviews 1 follower
For more reviews, read on my blogpost http://hazeldiary.com/?p=3640

It has been quite sometime since I last post about breakfast brunch. It’s my second visit to Hatched but to their outlet at Holland Village. The café is conveniently accessible via walking distance from Holland Village MRT station. Hatched is an egg-inspired, all day breakfast place to chill out. The eggs here are served in many different forms such as boiled, poached, baked, scrambled and more.
My sisters and I decided to have our brunch here on of the weekend. The exterior of the restaurant with its floor to the ceiling length glass window and yellow criss-cross bars snaking across the surface gives a creative feeling of the place set up. It has different exterior and interior designs from the one at Evans Lodge.
Sir Benedict S$13.00 (1 egg) or S$19.00 (2eggs) served classic with ham, poached egg and the hollandaise sauce on top of a breakfast muffin. Poached egg was well done as the yolk was done just right as it just flow out smoothly right upon cutting it.The combination of sour and slightly creamy sauce was perfect to enhance the taste of the egg and ham. It comes with 1 or 2 option so sister ordered 1 only and it is quite filling.
Salted Egg Ranch on Potato Spuds S$12.00 beautifully served in a plate.Potato spuds dressed with an Asian twist of salted egg dressing..
Croque Madame S$16.00 served in grilled ham and cheese sandwich with a fried egg on top served with steak fries. Fried egg was nicely done with the yellowish yolk lying on top the sandwich makes the whole dish looks appetizing. Not to mentioned that the steak fries was thick and filling too.
Serving time was within 20 minutes and service staffs are quite attentive to customers. We do get their attention when we need to place order and also refill water. Overall dinning experience is pleasant with the food quality, service and of course companion.
Total Bill was S$63.60 which inclusive of 10% service charge and 7% GST. We didn’t order any drinks as it comes with free flow of plain water. If you are craving for breakfast dinner, you might want to drop by for a filling craving.

Must tries: egg benedict

Breakfast, Brunch
  • Croque Madame
  • Salted Egg Ranch on potato spuds
  • Sir Benedict

Spunkrrr
 • 28 Dec 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
I dined in with friends last night. I walked by this outlet many times, the concept seemed simple and interesting enough, the decor was pretty hip and obviously to appeal to the younger crowd. After having passed this place numerous times, I finally had the chance to dine in.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
I like the decor... It's simple, rustic, casual and pretty cosy.
No one greeted us, we had to shuffle in ourselves, find a table and sit ourselves down, before we were presented with menus by a uninterested server. No "Hi" or "Welcome". Water's were served right away, so I'll give them some points for "service" there. But that's pretty much it.

THE MENU
Extensive choice, there's something for pretty much everyone. Even if you aren't an "egg" person (Firstly, why go there if you aren't) there is something for you.
THE GOOD
I had the Egg's Benedict, my friends had the Salmon Papillote & Tortilla Espanola and we shared the Nutella crepe. I can't speak much for what my friends had, but the dish presentation was uninspired, one of the dishes had a tomatoe with some sort of pesto on top of it, and it was dripping with oil. Unappealing. My egg's benedict was NOT worth the $19 it cost. Firstly, my eggs were cold. I used to work in a kitchen before, I know poached eggs can be cooked ahead of time, and then just quickly dunked into hot water for a few second to rewarm them before serving there. I felt I was served poached eggs that were cooked way ahead of time and not even given the courtesy of even both to rewarm them. Yes, my eggs were not warm, but cold. I'll give them credit the hollandaise sauce was nice, but stingy. You see the pictures of what the egg's benedict looks like, but when you get them, there's barely a tablespoon worth of sauce on top of the eggs, to describe it the sauce is meant to drip down, but there wasn't even enough sauce to reach there. I'll given them points for the bacon being crispy. There's nothing worse then going to a place, especially to a place that specializes in "breakfast" that serves chewy bacon, but no, their bacon was crispy.

THE SERVICE

Terrible. I counted, there were 6 "waiters" who spent nearly the whole time just chilling behind the counter. And pretty much doing the bare minimum for service. Water wasn't refilled. We had to request for cutleries as it was not given. They weren't busy. Any capable waiters, and they would only need 2 of them to handle the place, I don't understand why the management needs to put 6 waiters to slack around. The few contacts with the server was just plain uninspired. I don't ask for much, but a simple smile, or at least a sign of interest of being there.

OVERALL

The ambience is there, the food choice is there, but the delivery of food quality and service was just such a turnoff, I wouldn't go back, and I wouldn't recommend this place.

Spend $74 on 3 meals, and 1 dessert no drinks. Not worth it. You can spend that $74 on a decent meal elsewhere!