Back to (Closed) Hideout Cafe#01-45, Block 84 Bedok North Street 4

JJ Ang
 • 03 May 2008 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
We checked out this place after hearing about it from some school mag. It wasn't too hard to locate except that one may have to jostle for parking lots with all the peepz heading to Block 85.

Being a new establishment, naturally it was sparsely furnished but it wasn't really a bad thing - there was plenty of space for everyone. The games were fairly well stocked, with the usual fare you find at other board game cafes. The only difference is that the games are all in pristine condition. However, the place lacked the cosy feel you would typically expect.

Food wise, it was really hard to comment because we weren't exactly there for the food, just needed to play games somewhere. We settled for the package that included snacks and topped up a dollar each for the free flow of drinks. No comments on the food because anyone can whip up simple snacks like that.

Service was good, the game-masters' briefings were clear and concise. Very polite and personable too. Drinks were topped up very regularly. There was also this forfeit tree (which seems to be the hallmark of the cafe) which the game masters kept encouraging groups to make use of. While everyone raves about the Forfeit Tree being a good idea, i have a different take on that.

We could why the game masters kept urging us to use the tree because it seem like a fun thing to do but it could have been done in a better manner. The staff should bear in mind the different make-up of the groups, thus the different dynamics. If i were with my army friends, sure i would use the tree but if i were with my girlfriend and company... we are probably there to enjoy a round of games and not stress ourselves with the horrific prospects of embarrassing forfeits.

Having spent $9 per person for 2-3 hours of gaming and food (we went at night, so u can compare the price with other establishments), it was rather worth it. Best part of it is that it is still relatively new, it's still a hidden gem. I believe the guys mentioned that more games will be brought in.

Try it out when u can ... especially if you are nearby for supper - don't waste the parking coupon.

Supper, Cheap Eat/Budget, Large Groups/Gathering, After Work, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy, Hidden Find

Agnes Tan2
 • 21 Mar 2008 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Went to this cafe the other day with my friends after our supper at the market. My friends were not very keen to try at first, but after we stepped in... we were immediately drawn by the fun of it all.

The game masters were good, cos he is able to somehow find games that will keep all of us entertained, even though we were rather brain-dead after a nice filling supper... ya know, the usual lethargy..

But we managed to learn all the games, and enjoyed it. The snacks were nice, and the honey lemon was nice too... haha, and we definitely enjoyed the forfeit tree (ie when we were not the ones picking up the leaf for that round).. haha.. and it is definitely worth the money spent there.

We even had the energy, and brains, to try out some simple strategy games - thanks to the patience and enthusiasm of that game master. A definite Must Go!

Must tries: Stepping into the Cafe!

Supper, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Romance/First Dates, Corporate Events, Boys Night Out, Girls Night Out, After Work, Chillout, Vibrant/Noisy, Wheelchair Friendly

MS GOH
 • 13 Feb 2008 1 review 0 follower
Overall
A fantastic hangout place for friends and family gathering over good foods and fun. A wide selection of games, friendly staffs and serves nice foods.

Must tries: Pizzas

Large Groups/Gathering, Children/Family, Corporate Events, Boys Night Out, Girls Night Out, After Work, Vibrant/Noisy, People Watching