Review for Hifumi Japanese Restaurant (Marina Square)

2.7

AsianJapanese
Address: #02-106A/106B, Marina Square Shopping Mall, 6 Raffles Boulevard, 039594
12 Jul 2014
Overall

Free flow of salad was the main attraction

Curry pork katsu was good.
Salad bar was the main attraction.
Free flow of drinks with UOB card.
Restaurant was half full by 12noon.

More reviews of Hifumi Japanese Restaurant

Overall

It's worth it dine here!

Went in to have my dinner today and it's totally worth it! The service from the staff is great and the food was good too.
I spent $16.50 including service charge and GST but what I had was a good portion of hokkaido curry with chicken leg and the most worth it was the free flow of more than 10 tpyes of appetizer- and you pay additional $2.90 for free flow of drinks~ overall satisfaction for the place and by the way this was my first time dining at HIFUMI.

Overall

Hungry go Anywhere but this restaurant

My husband plus myself and helper went to this restaurant today as our group of friends were already there. As I was still recovering from stomach flu and couldn't eat much, we ordered 2 sets of main course which come with the "free flow" side dishes. We told the waitress (W Wong who is also the manager) that we are only ordering 2 sets. My intention is just to share the main course with my husband as I could hardly eat. The waitress saw me sip the miso soup (which came with the main course)and came and told me no sharing of main course. I said I'm only sharing a little of the main course and don't intend to take the "free flow” side dishes. The waitress insisted sternly no sharing of food not even the main course. My husband explained that I'm recovering from stomach flu, and only sharing a little of the main course. But she continued to say no sharing of main course not matter what's the reason. No apology no empathy no smile and just go "by the book" . We are super upset with such bad attitude of a so call manager of the restaurant. This will be the first and last time that we will come to this restaurant. Food is so so, zero service. We are disappointed that Hifumi hired a manager with such lousy service. It's a matter of time that many more customers will be turned away.  such

cheap quality

The quality is what you ordered from a Japanese stall in food court. The additional price you pay compared to the price in food court is for the additional buffet dishes at the side counter. These are cold cheap dishes. If you are a big eater and would like quantity instead if quality, you can consider. Otherwise, just head for a food court.
Overall

All You Can Eat Appetizer Bar!

If you're aint a fussy eater, have a big appetite, likes Japanese food and kinda on a budget, this is the place for you!

More pics and thoughts at http://lepakwithyaops.com/hifumi-all-you-can-eat-appetizer-bar/

Disappointing

Saw the menu, thought it was quite interesting but proven otherwise.  The so- to-speak free flow appetizers were not appetizing at all!

There were at least 3 almost similar types of appetizers but of different salad dressing. A whole big chunk of soggy soba that are lumped together like a ball. The chawanmushi was the only item that was good.

The broth for the kimchi hotpot was more like kim chi water. Bland and taste nothing like kimchi. The oysters were cooked in a tasteless pot of soup and no dip. Taste absolutely yucky!

We also  had katsu curry rice. The katsu is hard & dry and the Japanese rice are hard.

Horrible food. A total disappointment!