Hifumi Japanese Restaurant (Marina Square)

Summary

Nothing View all
After Work, Birthdays, Buffet, Cheap Eat/Budget View all

Free flow of salad was the main attraction

Curry pork katsu was good.
Salad bar was the main attraction.
Free flow of drinks with UOB card.
Restaurant was half full by 12noon.

Most helpful reviews for Hifumi Japanese Restaurant (Marina Square)

Created an account just to write this

I'll get to the point - the food is unbelievably bad. I've had bad food before, but this takes the cake. Think hawker centre Japanese, just ten times worse and five days old.

We ordered the mix chicken jyu and the oyako hotplate with rice. Both tasted equally rancid. The appetiser buffet was even worse and tasted like what someone with a congenital lack of taste and who has never seen Japanese food would imagine what jap food tastes like.

I would not eat here if the price was half of what we were charged. I would probably not even eat here if they paid me. In summary, I recommend this place to enemies and people who annoy you.

Bustling family spot

I was here over the weekend. When we first arrived, there was a queue, so we did some shopping and came back later when the queue was much shorter. For every order of a main, you get access to their all you can eat appetizer bar. The food isn't great, but it's a nice enough place. Recommended for big eaters

Hungry go Anywhere but this restaurant

Food/Drink 1 | Value 1 | Ambience 1 | Service N/A

My husband plus myself and helper went to this restaurant today as our group of friends were already there. As I was still recovering from stomach flu and couldn't eat much, we ordered 2 sets of main course which come with the "free flow" side dishes. We told the waitress (W Wong who is also the manager) that we are only ordering 2 sets. My intention is just to share the main course with my husband as I could hardly eat. The waitress saw me sip the miso soup (which came with the main course)and came and told me no sharing of main course. I said I'm only sharing a little of the main course and don't intend to take the "free flow” side dishes. The waitress insisted sternly no sharing of food not even the main course. My husband explained that I'm recovering from stomach flu, and only sharing a little of the main course. But she continued to say no sharing of main course not matter what's the reason. No apology no empathy no smile and just go "by the book" . We are super upset with such bad attitude of a so call manager of the restaurant. This will be the first and last time that we will come to this restaurant. Food is so so, zero service. We are disappointed that Hifumi hired a manager with such lousy service. It's a matter of time that many more customers will be turned away.  such

cheap quality

The quality is what you ordered from a Japanese stall in food court. The additional price you pay compared to the price in food court is for the additional buffet dishes at the side counter. These are cold cheap dishes. If you are a big eater and would like quantity instead if quality, you can consider. Otherwise, just head for a food court.

It's worth it dine here!

Went in to have my dinner today and it's totally worth it! The service from the staff is great and the food was good too.
I spent $16.50 including service charge and GST but what I had was a good portion of hokkaido curry with chicken leg and the most worth it was the free flow of more than 10 tpyes of appetizer- and you pay additional $2.90 for free flow of drinks~ overall satisfaction for the place and by the way this was my first time dining at HIFUMI.