Back to Hifumi Japanese Restaurant#04-68, Plaza Singapura, 68...
ArcticStar
 • 08 Mar 2014 272 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Standing at the large, newly-added atrium of Plaza Singapura, at a loss of what to have for dinner as there were simply too many restaurants and we were spoilt for choice! In the end, *Cheyene suggested having dinner at Hifumi Japanese Restaurant after we walked around the atrium twice.

Hifumi is located at 68 Orchard Road #04-68 Dhoby Ghaut MRT Atrium, Singapore 238839 and the number to dial is 6338 4712. So here we were, being warmly welcomed into the clean-cut, pretty Japanese restaurant that was spacious and had a very hearty feel to it - think, brightly lit, earthly hues, and tables of happy diners chattering away while attacking their food.

What caught our attention was really the All-You-Can-Eat / Buffet-style Appetizer Station. There was a rather vast selection of appetizers that we could choose from, once we placed orders for a main course. There were assortments of cha soba (cold greentea noodles), riceball desserts, cherry tomatoes, baby corns, grilled vegetables, fish balls, soya beans, fried yam balls etc. It was a spread, and definitely tempting to try everything.

In the end, I just had a modest serving of Chawanmushi (Japanese steamed egg), a handful of cherry tomatoes, baby corn and fried yam ball. The Chawanmushi was tasty, but a little diluted. The fried yam ball was fragrant and rather crispy on the outside, sweetly sticky on the inside.

My main course came first - Curry Vegetable with rice - a large pot of bubbling hot curry filled to the brim with colorful ingredients such as hard-boiled egg, baby corns, brocooli, carrots, capsicums, brinjal and mushrooms. The curry sauce was just nice - not too thick or diluted. Best of all, it was the first Japanese curry that I'd eaten that was spicy instead of sweet. I liked this!

For more detailed information and photos, please feel free to visit:

Must tries: curry vegetable, All-you-can-eat appetizer bar

Dinner, Lunch